Blade Master Second Thoughts :(

Options
Drakos - Harshlands
Drakos - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Hey everyone, I started a blademaster a while back and now I'm having second thoughts. I want to deal a decent amount of damage but I also want to have good HP and defense. What should I do. And since I am level 18, I have no problem starting off another character.

Thank you,

Wolf
Post edited by Drakos - Harshlands on

Comments

• AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well you can do what i did. 3vit 5str 2dex every 2 lvls poleblade BM. High HP, good damage and just enough dex not to miss too much in pvp. Endgame with good equip and barbarian buff you shoulf have as much as +15K HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    In fact I think BMs deal pretty low dmg. However to get decent for dmg,health and def. BM is the only one so yeah go with it.
  • Drakos - Harshlands
    Drakos - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thanks I want to know what skills are useful and how they compare to other classes skills.
  • Averian - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Erm how they compare I am not so sure but BMs are really all rounders. We do everything. Our skills as I see it doesnt do much. I use my stun skills to help barbs take less dmg when they are tanking mobs. I use sword's atmos strike to hit enemies away from arcane class. Axe BMs can stun the **** out of the mobs. In my opinion, we are support class just like the cleric just that we do it in a different way. Well thats just my opinion so yeah others might not agree but dont flame me
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I can only say try to learn BM tricks and you will love your toon.

BM are designed to "hit and not get hit". When you learn that, then you have fun in PVE.

However, if you want to get hit, use charms and start mass hitting many mobs at once, wait until you get your axes skills.
  • Decus - Heavens Tear
    Decus - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hey everyone, I started a blademaster a while back and now I'm having second thoughts. I want to deal a decent amount of damage but I also want to have good HP and defense. What should I do. And since I am level 18, I have no problem starting off another character.

Thank you,

Wolf

What you just described is what a bm is supposed to be. BM's are DD's(damage dealers). When you get high enough lvl'd u should have a decent amount of hp and with aura buff your def should be good also, not to mention the marrow skills. It is just hard to tell right now because you are so low lvl'd atm.
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Pick a class wich has a special field I.E. the barb or the cleric or the Veno. Truth is the BM is a wanna be tank..(the Axe ones at least) Hell they not even really all that good at DD if truth be told even the Gimp class(the wizard) can out DD them. Lets face it the BM is not really "good" at anything most are just wanna-be DD and tanks. this is why you shuold roll a another class:

Barb=better tank then BM will ever be
    Cleric= more useful than they will ever be
    Veno= um..well we..um are just better period.
    Archer= Better DD(insane DPS)
    Wizard(Gimps)= yes...they even a better DD than you..

so there roll a class wich has a specialallity<---**** spellcheck
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And with whom are you gonna doe Zhen/AoE grinding without BM's? And wouldn't a higher lvl FB,(51+) go much slower without BM's?

You say BM's suck, classical case of you only miss something when its gone...

no offence ^_^
  • Yoyomeng - Lost City
    Yoyomeng - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Pick a class wich has a special field I.E. the barb or the cleric or the Veno. Truth is the BM is a wanna be tank..(the Axe ones at least) Hell they not even really all that good at DD if truth be told even the Gimp class(the wizard) can out DD them. Lets face it the BM is not really "good" at anything most are just wanna-be DD and tanks. this is why you shuold roll a another class:

Gtfo, lol.
  • AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The all rounder is a speciality itself. The thing is about BM is to leant towards a concept (like tank or DD) but keep attributes of other ones. Im building massive vit (3 vit/2lvl untill the end) but I chose poleblade tha allows decent dex without gimping vit. Im planing on taking enough hits to descourage the enemy and make him quit. (A barb has it good in pk, no one messes with him cuz only the wiz can deal enough damage to him before the second charm tick-and endgame the vit BM has almost the same HP as a vit barb if he gets the hp buff.) BM isnt a wrong choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • Sager - Sanctuary
    Sager - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If you have been to territory war, you will hear countless complaint about
    blademaster. most of common quote is "those blademaster is got damn annoying".
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

ROFL - Obviously you've never been in a party with a Good BM. You have no idea what a BM's role is.

Barb can tank..but his damage output isn't that great compared to BM"s

- I appreciate all people who play barbs to endgame. they are an expensive class. Thank you!!

Clerics will die if a BM isn't there to stun and protect them

- I give thanks to all my cleric brothers and sisters without you TT's/FB's aren't duable

Veno's can and do die if a BM isn't there to protect them when they are luring(sure a barb can grab the aggro, but if a bm stuns(i prefer drakes bash in this situation as do my friends)..we cancel whatever the mob is doing. Also if BM and barb are redirecting aggro at the same time and BM takes it first; we can take the hit from the mob or boss. And then Barb has aggro..pot and proceed to take that creature down.)

-I give all great veno's that know how to lure and work as a team my deepest gratitude.

Archers sure they deal more damage but if they pull aggro they die (and can potentially get whole party wiped. If archer pulls aggro and cleric heals archer..and archer dies...cleric pulls aggro...and then is running...and can't heal tank....tank dies....well...you see the end result)

-Hi!!

Wizards are an awesome magic DD class but if BM isn't there to help them out..well...they will die.

The greatest thing about being a BM is that if you are good. And play your build well. You will get invited to party's. Every day i get invited to TT's, Frostland, etc....because I can be relied upon to do a good job at what I do.

We are often seen as a good solo class. But the more I play my BM and the more i learn i realize we really are the most well rounded class in the game. We play support, we have descent Damage, we have good HP & defense. We are the skirmishers of the party.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Averian - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ROFL - Obviously you've never been in a party with a Good BM. You have no idea what a BM's role is.

Barb can tank..but his damage output isn't that great compared to BM"s

- I appreciate all people who play barbs to endgame. they are an expensive class. Thank you!!

Clerics will die if a BM isn't there to stun and protect them

- I give thanks to all my cleric brothers and sisters without you TT's/FB's aren't duable

Veno's can and do die if a BM isn't there to protect them when they are luring(sure a barb can grab the aggro, but if a bm stuns(i prefer drakes bash in this situation as do my friends)..we cancel whatever the mob is doing. Also if BM and barb are redirecting aggro at the same time and BM takes it first; we can take the hit from the mob or boss. And then Barb has aggro..pot and proceed to take that creature down.)

-I give all great veno's that know how to lure and work as a team my deepest gratitude.

Archers sure they deal more damage but if they pull aggro they die (and can potentially get whole party wiped. If archer pulls aggro and cleric heals archer..and archer dies...cleric pulls aggro...and then is running...and can't heal tank....tank dies....well...you see the end result)

-Hi!!

Wizards are an awesome magic DD class but if BM isn't there to help them out..well...they will die.

The greatest thing about being a BM is that if you are good. And play your build well. You will get invited to party's. Every day i get invited to TT's, Frostland, etc....because I can be relied upon to do a good job at what I do.

We are often seen as a good solo class. But the more I play my BM and the more i learn i realize we really are the most well rounded class in the game. We play support, we have descent Damage, we have good HP & defense. We are the skirmishers of the party.

Damn you are right. We are cool and so are all the classes. So dont go around flaming other classes... Xelea...
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    BM's are purely all rounders that can do everything but not as well as other classes! xD
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Cherrio - Harshlands
    Cherrio - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    how are axe bms in pvp and TW
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    how are axe bms in pvp and TW

I have not had first-hand experience in either of these but I have heard that in TW, BM's stuns annoy people, and our AoE skills hit hard!
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    AdvanceZero, you are flattering me and all our fellow BM's. Well said.
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

uhhh no offense..your as veno you have no skill just a pet that works for u and your class is wore out like a cheap pair of socks.Yeah i have some veno friends (no offense to them)and yeah they come in handy..but other than needing a lure in a fb or something..your pretty much useless as well..kinda like a barb to...and the DD wiz like myself.To me clerics have more use to us than any toon in this game so there.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

you just want to make an argument lol. So, taking your stance I will do the same lol

Check my list:
    Barb: the slowest killers in game.
    Veno: Idiot's setting (for those who cannot play any class).
    Cleric: Lazy setting (just stand healing and do very litle)
    Archer: DD fail, Best DPS. Unfortunately, cannot use their power as they pull agro from boss and get killed as well as the entire squad in the process.
    Wizard: Unfortunatley similar problem as archer pluss too squishy. Asking for chi all the times.
    BM: we are not better than anyone. When any of you screws up we are the ones who has to fix the problem. Either by tanking, DD, healing ourself and luring (yes we lure either by running or using a bow as well as range skills)

No need to say that all classes aside from Barb and BM are cowards, they all fight the mobs from 20 distance, If you consider that Barb can take so much damage. Then you realize BM's are the brave/valiant class of the game as we can get kill but have no option than facing the mob at close range (face to face your idiot).
  • Loneken - Sanctuary
    Loneken - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

I started a BM/Axe as second char and i were never dissappointed. BM/Axe is imo one of the funniest class to play specially when u reach near lvl 70 (so many nice spot to aoe).
  • Dark_Exile - Sanctuary
    Dark_Exile - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

yup ur an idiot....no argument
    Death is only the beginning.........

Vae Victus
  • Theotus - Heavens Tear
    Theotus - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Blademasters have options. it's easy enough to solo without problems, and are always a req in squads in my faction. We are (imo) the clerics bodyguard. Haha. We are meant to take the place of any other class, besides clerics( hence bodyguard. :-) ) for a short period of time, in case something doesn't go as planned, which almost always happens. Give it some time before you decide it's not the class for you.