sbk87 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
is venomancer over powered?
Post edited by sbk87 on

Comments

• Foxybeast - Dreamweaver
    Foxybeast - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tell me some points where you think they are.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    fail thread.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    just wondering isnt there anything else in game than venomancer's ?
    over half of pwi forums threads is all about veno's :P
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dont you have anything interesting to ask ?

playing veno, cleric and CM HL all .. bm and Clercic are much more OP than veno after lv 70
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Lah - Dreamweaver
    Lah - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I find it funny that so many people are worried about venomancers. I haven't given them any more thought than any other class because I'm busy playing my own character and worrying about myself.
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't understand why so many complain about venos.. yet you can go into any town, village whatever and look around and see venos. If there are so many problems and everyone is hating on the venos then why is it that's all you see?

I think that venos are everyone's guilty pleasure. Kinda like how everyone owns at least one CD or has one song on their computer or mp3 player that they love but will never EVER tell anyone that because they will lose cool points.

Come on people stop with the veno hate and ask yourself....

Have you embraced a veno today?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    theyre all idiots, its just the same 7 people who make whiner threads about it, and theyre all just ego bruised PKing idiots who dont like flesh ream.

theres nothing OP about venomancers.
    half these people probably never even played one yet they complain
    they do take a degree of skill to play, its not just heal spam a pet to let it do all the work.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    they do take a degree of skill to play, its not just heal spam a pet to let it do all the work.

you call your BM a pet... i wouldnt dare call my wife that.; event though thats what i do with the cleric ;)

Veno is a bit harder than what they think ..

Cleric and Axe BM are much OP than what they think too ...
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

• mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    not overpowered, but just ignore these threads seriously. half the time a mob of venos start responding, and it just takes 1 person who talks about flesh ream in pvp to keep it all going. some veno responds to flesh ream, others dont even know what they're responding to. then the whole **** goes on for many pages. its not funny anymore, just stop, you dont have to feel duty bound to defend your class because frankly, the majority of us hate people because they are *******s, not because they play venos
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    not overpowered, but just ignore these threads seriously. half the time a mob of venos start responding, and it just takes 1 person who talks about flesh ream in pvp to keep it all going. some veno responds to flesh ream, others dont even know what they're responding to. then the whole **** goes on for many pages. its not funny anymore, just stop, you dont have to feel duty bound to defend your class because frankly, the majority of us hate people because they are *******s, not because they play venos

Awwh.. all I wanted was a hug..b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol it's screwed up that there's more ppl saying no then yes but ok that's my opinion :p

and you want a reason why i think venomancers are overowered?

every class had it's advantages

but veno's have advantages on ALL sides if you build your veno smart

veno is supposed to be best class for pve because they have a pet they can heal it themselves and this and that so : best class for pve

BUT since boutique pets => veno = super advantage in pve /soloing fb's and TT runs and because of pheonix now they also are one of best class for pvp /TW

and don't go n tell me veno's are squishi too ...
    veno's have 13(?) hp per vit point (clerics wiz etc have 10/vit point) veno's can use pet as DD (pheonix or herc) so they can put more points in vit

so please .. PLEASE prove me wrong

BTW b:pleased GM's plz put an overpowered skill or something in boutique.
    so i also can spend alot of money on the game to be overpowered and not be complaining b:victory

grtz

btw: i know change on having GM respond or even reading this is 1/99999
    maybe 2/99999 if i'm lucky ^_^
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    lol it's screwed up that there's more ppl saying no then yes but ok that's my opinion :p

and you want a reason why i think venomancers are overowered?

every class had it's advantages

but veno's have advantages on ALL sides if you build your veno smart

veno is supposed to be best class for pve because they have a pet they can heal it themselves and this and that so : best class for pve

BUT since boutique pets => veno = super advantage in pve /soloing fb's and TT runs and because of pheonix now they also are one of best class for pvp /TW

veno's have 13(?) hp per vit point (clerics wiz etc have 10/vit point) veno's can use pet as DD (pheonix or herc) so they can put more points in vit

so please .. PLEASE prove me wrong

BTW b:pleased GM's plz put an overpowered skill or something in boutique.
    so i also can spend alot of money on the game to be overpowered and not be complaining b:victory

grtz

btw: i know change on having GM respond or even reading this is 1/99999
    maybe 2/99999 if i'm lucky ^_^

Do a veno, up it to.. say .. lv 82 .. solo your tts and come back ..

if not.; stop your crapitude ( if we had 13 hp par vit we would be happy.. same punition has wiz.. 10 hp .; so .. learn before being an ****)

edited May 2009
    we get 12 per vit according to some sites ive read.

TT takes almost 3 hours to do alone, and its hard as hell.

try earning one of these pets with ingame coin. 20m isnt cheap.

lol vit makes us not squishy? i wasnt aware of that, i have 100+ vit and still pop like a balloon after 2-3 BM hits.

how is BB + true form for tanking not over powered? how come barbs can tank world bosses and I cant?

how is the way an archer crits not over powered? i was in FB 89 demon the other day and i couldnt kill those vampiric critters alone, i needed my archer friend.

how come archers can reduce max hp, i cant.

BMs have 4 stuns, and an AOE amp damage, why is mine only single target, and my stun sucks?
    Why can these BMs aoe level quickly and i cant :D

these wizards can do way more damage than i ever could, why are their spells so powerful? clerics too!? they out damage me by truckloads.

these wizards have massive dmg AOEs, spells of 3 elements, and a no cast time move.

clerics have sleeps, magic and def debuffs, position locks, and physical damaging magic!

i have... a basic low damage spammable spell, a debuff damaging spell which has a long cool down, and a stun damager with a long cool down. oh and a decent AOE... thats my only high damaging thinger lol.

why do they get all that? my only redeeming features are being a back up tanker and having a nice support (debuffs and DD) array. other than that im pretty useless, and you have the gall to call me over powered? you stupid, whiny useless cleric. you can heal too. you can bufff your stats to kingdom come and debuff monsters. so stfu.
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Why can't we be friends? Love your sister veno.. we have cute ears....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    lol @ reivi i know a lvl 60+ veno ding 2-1 TT runs -_- funny ..

and at tear WHAT are you saying , your telling me everyone's skills

let me change my statement :)

veno's boutique pets are overpowering veno's !

is that better?

and don't give me that **** , that i get as an answer over and over again >_<

" it's supposed to be overpowered bla bla bla , we payed 20 mil coins or for it bla bla bla "
    where is my boutique pet that i can buy for 20 mil? b:cry
    there is none , >> that's my prob<<
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    " it's supposed to be overpowered bla bla bla , we payed 20 mil coins or for it bla bla bla "
    where is my boutique pet that i can buy for 20 mil? b:cry
    there is none , >> that's my prob<<

Here is your reason. Other classes don't need it! They are strong enough without it but most people don't know how to fully use their class properly so they complain.

Venos do get 12 hp per vit I tested it with a +1 vit item.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Venos are fine, learn how to play.

/endthread (if only it were that easy)
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    it's just funny how ppl with no pheonix etc are complaining about the pets and ppl with the pets aren't

maybe because those ppl have the pets and don't have any probs with them? b:laugh

seeeriously archer 3-5 shot kill me depends on how good/strong their att is

pheonix = 1-2 hit kill

it's just the fact that it or good in pve or good in pvp but veno's are dominating both of them

oh wel thread closed XD
    i'm gonna stop posting here :d
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lvl 99 soul degen=sharptooth
    amp hello +20% damage 66.66% of time, and ironwood +20 or 30% physical (so pets) damage all the time
    end of sharptooth arguement
    go to old HT kill lvl 150 mobs and tell me veno pets arent broke way too easy way too fast
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't understand why so many complain about venos.. yet you can go into any town, village whatever and look around and see venos. If there are so many problems and everyone is hating on the venos then why is it that's all you see?

I think that venos are everyone's guilty pleasure. Kinda like how everyone owns at least one CD or has one song on their computer or mp3 player that they love but will never EVER tell anyone that because they will lose cool points.

Come on people stop with the veno hate and ask yourself....

Have you embraced a veno today?

~whimpers~ mine is Rod Stewart v.v i listen to his songs off and on, to me i like em, so yeah

fyi im a dude lol
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Venos are slightly overpowerd, but thats only after the herc and nix, b4 that they struggle bout the same or more as any other class, they still struggle even with the herc and nix, just not as much
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Legendary Pets are really strong. Overpowered? Probably.

But really Congratz on the 100th Veno QQ thread. I knew you could do it...
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol venos are far better at PVE than anyclass will ever be... we are not overpowered we are just powerful..
    edited May 2009
    ~whimpers~ mine is Rod Stewart v.v i listen to his songs off and on, to me i like em, so yeah

fyi im a dude lol
    IF YOU LIKE MY BODY AND YOU THINK IM SEXY COME ON SUGAR LET ME KNOWWWW
    im with you man
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    lol @ reivi i know a lvl 60+ veno ding 2-1 TT runs -_- funny ..

Id love to see a veno 60 doing squad 2.1 (needs to be 72+ to open it for starters ... )

edited May 2009
    Id love to see a veno 60 doing squad 2.1 (needs to be 72+ to open it for starters ... )
    a 60 herc cant tank ****ing 2-1 bosses >_>
    idiot should prove it
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    a 60 herc cant tank ****ing 2-1 bosses >_>
    idiot should prove it

yeah .; id love to see him tank wurlord ;) not in solo mode though ..

edited May 2009
    even better, ancient evil LOL
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I find it funny that so many people are worried about venomancers. I haven't given them any more thought than any other class because I'm busy playing my own character and worrying about myself.

well said mate! =D
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, one, I'm soloing TT (admittedly only 1-1 so far) without a herc. Two, it isn't the nix everyone qqs about in PvP, it's the bugged flesh ream. Three, how many Venos are in the top PvP rankings? How many other classes? Seriously, go and count them.
    Mmm, not really. One, it's not 13 hp. Two, my Mag (more atk than Herc by a good bit) + my Veno equal about as much dps as my Archer *10-15 lvls lower than my Veno* and I'm almost pure arcane (went LA for the first few levels, regret it now). Venos have few points to spare, really, unless they're willing to take minutes to kill anything that an archer, mage, or cleric could kill in seconds.

Lastly, arcane Venos get few damaging spells (fewest of all caster classes), few status effects (also fewest of all caster classes, and that's JUST looking at the damage spells of the cleric), and almost no buffs. The only thing we're even close to good at is DoT, and that's a crappy thing to be good at.