What would you consider a Physical Def. build with decent dmg.

MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
I met up with Cleric in Dragons Wilderness near TT he was doing good damage vs tauroc leaders.I asked what his stats were and he did have high points in str.This cleric was the same lvl as myself and goiing up agianst lvl48taurocs with only 3 shots of plume shot.I was using plime shot and cyclone.

I got the stats at home and will post back later.
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I met up with Cleric in Dragons Wilderness near TT he was doing good damage vs tauroc leaders.I asked what his stats were and he did have high points in str.This cleric was the same lvl as myself and goiing up agianst lvl48taurocs with only 3 shots of plume shot.I was using plime shot and cyclone.

I got the stats at home and will post back later.

Plume shot is not affected by your physical attack. It is your mAtk changed into physical damage.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    3 plume shots? are you sure about that? In any case str doesn't effect your dmg one bit, only mag effects it. the build that does the most dmg is pure int build; 1str and 9mag every 2 lvls (nothing on dex and vit).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    This cleric wanted to have good points in physical defence though vs melee type mobs.His stats are vit 32,str.38,mag.145 and dex.35.My mag. is at 185 vit.30,str.30 and dex.5.I am lvl 47 as well my stats are off the top of ,my head as I need to recheck them ingame.

I was wondering if does pay to mave more in str. to give you more physical defence vs melee type.

He was using 3 plume sots and I know it is mag that effects it not str.
  • Ruby - Harshlands
    Ruby - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you want more Physical defense, you could always add physical defense shards to your equipment =P
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    If you want more Physical defense, you could always add physical defense shards to your equipment =P

...or follow Light Armor build. (1str, 1dex, 3mag each lvl)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This cleric wanted to have good points in physical defence though vs melee type mobs.His stats are vit 32,str.38,mag.145 and dex.35.My mag. is at 185 vit.30,str.30 and dex.5.I am lvl 47 as well my stats are off the top of ,my head as I need to recheck them ingame.

I was wondering if does pay to mave more in str. to give you more physical defence vs melee type.

Shards for psy def.

And 3 plume shots? lol he was probably messing with you, either he is much higher level or he is pure int with really good equipment.
    b:dirty
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2009

he's a fail period
    stacked dex for LA as lowbie
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If your concerned about your Pdef, small but easy helpers are to wear Pdef accessories, they dont require str or dex. Necklaces and Waists will give you nice little bumps and if you refine them it bumps your Physical resistance even more.

For most damage output you will want to go pure, as said before, str plays no factor in your plume, even though it is a Pdamage.
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LA = you can take more phy.damage but do less damage in general, and also get hurt by magic more.

Arcane = more damage = killing faster = taking less hits + great magic def

The extra mana in arcane also helps with plume shell which helps with phy.dam

Its an easy choice imo,
  • Kasiel - Lost City
    Kasiel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You cant kill tauroc leaders from 3 plume shots at lvl 47 or anywhere around it even if you are pure int with good equips. Unless you have a 3star +12 weapon, you wont do enough dmg. I needed about 5 shots and i was pure int with good DD equips. Either you saw him kill a weak/sacrificial mob or he was lvl 60+
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    he's a fail period
    stacked dex for LA as lowbie

I wouldn't say that if you saw this person he was out doing me and I have 185 in mag and 30 in str.
    Kasiel - Lost City You cant kill tauroc leaders from 3 plume shots at lvl 47 or anywhere around it even if you are pure int with good equips. Unless you have a 3star +12 weapon, you wont do enough dmg. I needed about 5 shots and i was pure int with good DD equips. Either you saw him kill a weak/sacrificial mob or he was lvl 60+
    You can when you have banishing pataka which is what he was using and have plume shot lvled up to 10.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This cleric was the same lvl as myself and goiing up agianst lvl48taurocs with only 3 shots of plume shot.I was using plime shot and cyclone.
    You can when you have banishing pataka which is what he was using and have plume shot lvled up to 10.

This means he was at least level 50+, since you cannot max Plume shot until then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    This is unless he was being honest with me he used to be in my faction before I got recruited.I think he was kicked.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ...or follow Light Armor build. (1str, 1dex, 3mag each lvl)

Stop advising people to go LA, seriously.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

In the five months I've been playing now I haven't seen any Cleric with any sort of build 3 hitting highter lvl mob (even by 1 lvl highter). You probably saw him killing some weak mob, also the way you discribed his stats... that's way too messy. My guess, he was highter lvl than you thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    In the five months I've been playing now I haven't seen any Cleric with any sort of build 3 hitting highter lvl mob (even by 1 lvl highter). You probably saw him killing some weak mob, also the way you discribed his stats... that's way too messy. My guess, he was highter lvl than you thought.

He was killing the same mob I was tauroc leaders lvl48 and I looked at his char info for the pataka.It would be nice if it gave the lvl away.Yeah he could be higher.
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    YEs your a cleric not a DEf. class like a BM.. so stop tring to be, your a healer and buff slave.
    no one really wants you for ur DD they only want you for your heals and buffs. and rez.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Shut up, hh slave.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    YEs your a cleric not a DEf. class like a BM.. so stop tring to be, your a healer and buff slave.
    no one really wants you for ur DD they only want you for your heals and buffs. and rez.

No one wants us for our DD? lol @ you.

Especially after level 92, a cleric will be more wanted for DD than a wizard =)
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    u stfu
    Shut up, hh slave.

and u wel u stfu too =)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

Oh? I didn't know that Clerics are slaves.

Gotta love mythology... elves, giants, castles, knights, dragons, Trolls... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    To those who think you can't lvl plume shot to 10 before lvl 50 yes you can if you lvl it as it is on the skill it self.You can it to 10 before you hit lvl 50.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i had plume shot maxed to my level, as well as cyclone, since i made my priest. level 10 is at 45. and it has never done more damage than cyclone unless it out leveled it. and still: i don't 3 hit things. there are some things i 3 hit now, because of refines+better weapons+maxed wield thunder on wood element 1 hitting them if it crits anyways, but definitely not then.
  • whirling8snow
    whirling8snow Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am only lvl 48 and my Plume Shot is lvl 10. I maxed it at lvl 45.