Blademaster or Archer

Revenge - Harshlands
Revenge - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
I keep wanting to start over as archer but ppl say they're worth it at 90+

Problem is, I'm not sure if I'll even make it to 90, I don't spend 12 hours on the computer every day (no offense to those who do)

The only thing stopping me from going archer is their low defense and hp

But 26% crit is just so tempting

What do you guys think?
Post edited by Revenge - Harshlands on

Comments

• MaXeDOut - Harshlands
    MaXeDOut - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I made a archer (currently at lvl 20) the build is real easy 4 dex and 1 str per lvl(pure build) but in the beginning you lose a lot of hp but when you get knockback arrow it gets a bit easier. Buying arrows is a pain because the 2 type of arrows cost a lot but your gonna need them to kill monsters faster. don't much about the archer lvl 90+
  • Revenge - Harshlands
    Revenge - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i know, i got lvl 47 archer, and i really miss playing archer, they're fun, exept their weak defense
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pick archer..trust me they do a hell of a lot more damage than a BM(that IS why you played the BM rite? I hope it was not to tank). Yes the archer is better than the wanna be LEET DD of the BM.
  • CRYSTY - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:chuckle well,im archer and always ill choose the archer not BM.I like it,even if we archers spent alot money on ammo.Im not saying BM are useless,eg:when a squad kill a boss a blademaster is always good even at TT runs.My equipment is all 3 stars and its refined +2 even the rings,i got some extra nice defence and HP points.My skills are all almost to latest lvl available.I killed in a duel a BM lvl 70.My record Critical Hit on a mob was 12426 hp (killed a mob 55+ lvl with 1 hit ).Its not true that a archer is good only at 90+,u can do a great job even at 40 lvl (watch a blade how many times he need to hit and try with your archer same lvl).Its true archers are more weak from the light armor but if u use a crossbow u can do great Crit Hits.Its nice to stun a mob at distance,poison/bleed him and while it come to u,shot a frost ice to slow him down(many mobs start to use magic not come closer to archers but i recommend to have 2 gems with magic defence added on equipment)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI since nov 2008, FW open beta, BOI open beta, STO free-to-play open release, Torchlight I since came out.
  • Asma - Lost City
    Asma - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pick archer..trust me they do a hell of a lot more damage than a BM(that IS why you played the BM rite? I hope it was not to tank). Yes the archer is better than the wanna be LEET DD of the BM.
    True archers do constant high damage but we have the highet damage out put possible besides mages of course. Dragon + Crit + Zerk + Spark>metal crit.

Edit: LAWL They're care bears. Stick with a WR were gods endgame plus archers rely on luck too much >:/
    The fail EP that has emo butterly wings on a male character that talks the most trash
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Even a **** 7 year old kid can play a BM. Do the world a favor and remove this section of the forums. im tired of seeing all the filth posted about BMs. And to all you fail people that cant roll a real class uninstall the game we dont need anymore idiots.

PS: I don't acknowledge a blademaster as a class but as a sharpening tool on my phoenix's beak. I love killing BMs when noobs dont have the charms for the bleed, and whenever i see a BM in white name you bet your **** i kill itb:cute.

oh and to all you ******* that payed 5-7m for calamity axes for pixels LOL. Have fun doing **** damage when genies come out I <3 the GMs for hating blademaster idiots as much as i do.

peace out noobs.

fix'd d!ck weed
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pick archer..trust me they do a hell of a lot more damage than a BM(that IS why you played the BM rite? I hope it was not to tank).

well i can easily kill a level 50-55 archer at my level, so i think archers suck until 70+. and BM are more versatile than any class! we can be the tank, we can DD, hell we can even save the whole party with our stuns and shadowless kick (cancels casters spells) so do you have any more pathetic criticsm??
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ROFL - my one post to the trolling veno's. I will assume that you two solo. That being the case, I know it gets lonely out there. And i will give you my attention this one time. Hi!!

And you can make an archer more affordable by crafting your own arrows. Try playing both archer and BM for awhile. They both have their positives and negatives.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    BM's own archers until endgame, period

• Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ignore axemanek... His comments are ****. First, every character is good. You dont just listen to others and think hey this char is better than the other. You have to know your playing style. For me, I like to be able to take hits and can dmg too. So, in every game, I would usually go with the warrior depending on the game. Now, ask yourself what do you like to do. And from there, decide whether you want archer or BM or another class. What you want is important. Cause PW is a pretty good game which is why it has such high ratings. It dont have too much imbalance among the characters...
    edited May 2009
    Ignore axemanek... His comments are ****. First, every character is good. You dont just listen to others and think hey this char is better than the other. You have to know your playing style. For me, I like to be able to take hits and can dmg too. So, in every game, I would usually go with the warrior depending on the game. Now, ask yourself what do you like to do. And from there, decide whether you want archer or BM or another class. What you want is important. Cause PW is a pretty good game which is why it has such high ratings. It dont have too much imbalance among the characters...

God, what is the point in having forums if you cant post your thoughts and opinions?