edited May 2009 in Cleric
Which is better o.o?
Post edited by twilighthikari on

Comments

• Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Which is better o.o?
    Full int for pve <6X (then buy some expensive equipment or just pump vit), LA for pvp (but vit is better both for pvp and pve IMO).
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • rondius
    rondius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It really depends on ur playing style... I have both a Robe cleric and a Light Armour cleric for different game play... 1 at lv 65 and 1 at 71.

No, LA is for PVE (esp aoe tanking or fb/TT for best group support survival) Every time I go in dungeons... Robe clerics will die like 5-6 times a run... and I won't even die once if with LA. However, due to the attribute points spared to str/dex for armour, u will have less mag atk dmg which means "yeah, I allow mob to hit me 2-3 hits but i can tank it while i cast more atk to make the dmg up while each hits have more chance of crits" It is NOT for pvp coz everyone can 1 shoot u while u do very limited dmg per hit. But this build is very good in teaming for aoe boss (e.g. jewelscalen, fb51 bosses etc) U can spam aoe-heal all u want, and u won't die since ur team will have time to retake mobs from u if u can with-stand the initial 1-2 hits.

Being robe with full or mostly mag is a nuke build which is VERY strong against all classes for PVP due to the high 1 hit dmg. It means "I'll kill anything before they reach me". Especially in TW and duel, u can almost 1-2 hit every class even if u r targetting a barbarian. However, most mobs will come to you in groups at later levels which means ur "kill before got hit" won't work all the time. Lets say u hit 1 mob and aggroed 3, by the time u kill off 2 of them, the 3rd will probably finish u off. Also, u'll risk heal aggro or atk aggro if ur dmg's way over the tanker's (esp if itz a bad tanker who can't hold aggro).

Ppl often argue that later levels have more magic mobs. Therefore should go robe... WRONG~! The truth is... They have both physical AND magic atks. Dun forget that being LA cleric means, u can wear both LA and Robe sets which r interchangable. Some players even use mixed sets.

It is the same idea of a LA wizard.

Hp - vitality wise, being a robe-magic build doesn't mean u can't spare points to vit. But for LA clerics, due to the demanding point to mag/str/dex... u won't have much for vit at all.
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i play la and put some elemental belt/neclace for more mag defence but i feel good that the only shards i have to imbue are health ones
    i've though about starting robe but when i think about it, it would be too much of a trouble for me to try pump both health and phy def
    and when i think of the vit build i would want to put not less than 80 points in vit to feel safe and doing so mag attack would still suffer and i don't think it's going to be so different from la
    so i stay LA
    but that's just my own opinion and i haven't really tried robe
    b:bye
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm a vit build robe, and have no problems in FBs with AOE bosses (up to 51 of course ;) ), plus my armor is sharded with hp everywhere I can put an avg citrine, and most of my armor adds HP anyway. With the barb buff I have about 2.4k hp, so I think it works out pretty well and my survivability in dungeons is quite nice in emergencies. lol
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Which is better o.o?

Better how?

Each has it's uses.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    trust me full mag is awesome for pvp remember for pvp its all about dealing damage also remember plumshell >.. la is a w8st of damage thats my openion though xD
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    trust me full mag is awesome for pvp remember for pvp its all about dealing damage also remember plumshell >.. la is a w8st of damage thats my openion though xD

and it will stop when you step over lv60.....lol
    b:dirty
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LOL @ effort to try and get ppl flaming....

There is so many threads on this, without really a conclusive answer. It all depends on your perspective and preference. I get a feeling that the original poster might be trying to start flaming... :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes this is a blatant and useless attempt...just close it now modsb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chomon
    chomon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    clerics shouldnt go LA since they already have the benefits of plumeshell, for survivability, go robe and get gears that have +hp/vit, imbue with hpgems and refine them. LA clerics will get destroyed in pvp as well.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    rondius wrote: »
    Hp - vitality wise, being a robe-magic build doesn't mean u can't spare points to vit. But for LA clerics, due to the demanding point to mag/str/dex... u won't have much for vit at all.

I'm LA and my hp is 2466 without buffs b:victory
    Btw. LA build is actually meant for PvP..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We probably need answers from pple who dont get the top notch gears, shard, or refine too much to see which is naturally fit for which situation. Cause robe/arcane or LA, if you pump out your $$$, any one of them will most likely fit snugly in any situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, to be decent in PvP you pretty much have to invest in some decent gear/shards. But that being said, vit build is the cheapest way to get hp--you're paying nothing for it and only have to worry about pdef in armour. Full int and light armour require some extra money if you want to get your hp up to that level.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Clerics are meant to heal, not tank.
    This thread smells of troll.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    missqq meant to qq, not to discuss classes.
    missqq smells of troll.
    --
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    OH GOD!!! LA is super **** RE-TARDED. you are gonna tottaly gimp ur magic abilities.
    You want a mage class wich uses LA to at least TRY to be a non-gimp class and have an excuse for it?. Roll the Wizard class cuz LA cleric =FAIL.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    PVE nub has spokennnn
    --
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    PVE nub has spokennnn

SILENCE FAIL CAKE..b:angry
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    That's all you have? How pathetic.
    facepalm.jpg
    --
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    That's all you have? How pathetic.
    facepalm.jpg

Do you know about a song called Herr Mannelig? Well it's a swedish balland about a Troll that wants to become human, I'm not sweedish but from what I know he doesn't manage to become human in the end. In other words a Troll is born a Troll, lives as a Troll and dies as one :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jingizu - Heavens Tear
    Jingizu - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Do you know about a song called Herr Mannelig? Well it's a swedish balland about a Troll that wants to become human, I'm not sweedish but from what I know he doesn't manage to become human in the end. In other words a Troll is born a Troll, lives as a Troll and dies as one :)

To clarify, the song is Swedish, but the preformer you linked to is from Germany, this one is in swedish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ew6Kt8iU0

but In Extremo's version is awsome b:pleased
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pure INT is the best.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I guess thers no one and only answer. SO many factors to weigh such as PvP/PvE, situation your in, refinery, shards, what dungeon...etc
    Arcane WAS probably meant for clerics but LA is just the median option that is available. (most likely for cleric, wizzy, veno and archer) Need more DEF but cant afford the shards and refining? Heres LA for you. Take Rebirth orders for example. Most groups will prefer an LA cleric for this particular situation regardless server because the mobs come in waves and waves, hours and hours, and you just cant find that cleric that has uber sharded refined arcane gear or DEF ornaments costing 500k-1M worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    To clarify, the song is Swedish, but the preformer you linked to is from Germany, this one is in swedish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ew6Kt8iU0

but In Extremo's version is awsome b:pleased

Hehe I know but In Extremo's version is the best in my opinion, best german band there is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]