Hi, I'm new!

ethanthe
ethanthe Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Not sure if this is in the right section, but since it's my first time, I can be excused. Hopefully...

I was referred here from some guy at the (removed) prom contest. They said that Perfect World was a game I might be interested in. I think I know a little about it, but can someone fill me in? I was looking for something like (removed) that I can play for free or at low cost.

By the way, I'm in high school, an aspiring fashion designer and I just got an A on my final exam for chem. I know that means nothing to anyone here, but I'm just excited, so I had to tell someone.
Post edited by ethanthe on

Comments

• Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ethanthe wrote: »
    Not sure if this is in the right section, but since it's my first time, I can be excused. Hopefully...

I was referred here from some guy at the (removed) prom contest. They said that Perfect World was a game I might be interested in. I think I know a little about it, but can someone fill me in? I was looking for something like (removed) that I can play for free or at low cost.

By the way, I'm in high school, an aspiring fashion designer and I just got an A on my final exam for chem. I know that means nothing to anyone here, but I'm just excited, so I had to tell someone.

Congratulations on your A. =] Well done.

PWI is definately low-cost, there is a boutique but I personally find that you can play this game easily without buying anything from there but, if you do need something, you can buy it using in game coin too.

Take a look around the different class sections to see which would suit you best. Also, becareful of which server you want to play, some are PVP-based (Player versus Player) and others are for those who don't like that sort of stuff constantly.

Here's some websites I've found very useful during my time at PWI.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search_item

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/

http://www.1perfectworld.com/wiki/International-Guides:Introduction

Good luck, hope you enjoy Perfect World.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hello,

I'll be willing to help you with any questions in-game if you need (if you choose the PVE Sacntuary server). just whisper me or my RL/in-game hubby just type /Kitsuneaki or /Thumpz and soho is right ^_^ be prepared tho, at higher levels it gets really hard to lv in this game b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    Dalgon - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    most RPGs are very similar to each other so if u have a little exp. u should be fine...
    and even if u have no exp. in RPGs evrything is explained in the help option or u can ask a player they are always happy to help
  • ethanthe
    edited May 2009
    Awesome! It's about Chinese myth! That's awesome.

So like what's the mission in the game?
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    basically a god got sick of living alone so he made critters to live with him. the first set of creations were a failure as they were evil disgusting things called wraiths.

so he wiped em out, and made our three current races, and left them with the flying city of heavens tear. they fought and had wars over it, and during those wars, the wraiths some how came back from the grave. so under a shaky alliance you under go the way of the tao to cultivate your powers to destroy them.

theres 7 ways, and you learn about them every 9 levels :i. im currently finished with the last of the seven called "aware of vacuity" or aware of nothingness :P. at the end of it all you can choose to fight for the side of light, or the side of hell, by becoming a celestial sage or demon :P.
    (level89)

sage and demon versions of skills give super power ups :P
  • cathbar
    cathbar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Good job in Chem! That's excellent!

Here's the story trailer that covers pretty much what Tearvalerin summed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqRTydUQIyY

I hope you enjoy the game.
  • ethanthe
    edited May 2009
    I am! Thanks!

By the way, has anyone heard of that old Chinese story about that monkey guy? He traveled with a pig and did all sorts of adventures?
  • Limshutian - Sanctuary
    Limshutian - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am! Thanks!

By the way, has anyone heard of that old Chinese story about that monkey guy? He traveled with a pig and did all sorts of adventures?

i used to love that monkey dude....i watched a series they had on his adventures and stuff, but that was a long time ago....( i didnt understand half of it, but my aunt translated it for me most of the time)
    oh yeah and u can get monkey king pills that make u look like him >,<
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    the god thing likes to talk like confuciouse
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Welcome to Perfect World!
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009

ha! interesting enough our 'other' game covers that very story line you mention.

Welcome to PWI. Hope you find your experiences here enjoyable.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I was referred here from some guy at the Fashion Fantasy Game's prom contest. They said that Perfect World was a game I might be interested in. I think I know a little about it, but can someone fill me in? I was looking for something like Final Fantasy or Fashion Fantasy that I can play for free or at low cost.

Roll on Harshlands and I will kill you.
  • Kyrozoan - Sanctuary
    Kyrozoan - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am! Thanks!

lol i loved that show Journey To The West b:victory u forgot about the monk and the bald guy tho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kyrozoan:84:Barb
    MagicWaffle:73:Wizard
  • gokustupider
    gokustupider Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I was referred here from some guy at the Fashion Fantasy Game's prom contest. They said that Perfect World was a game I might be interested in. I think I know a little about it, but can someone fill me in? I was looking for something like Final Fantasy or Fashion Fantasy that I can play for free or at low cost.

What's Fashion Fantasy Game?
  • ethanthe
    edited May 2009
    Fashion Fantasy Game is an online fantasy game. It's pretty cool. Here's the link:

[Removed]

Here's my profile:
    [Removed]

EDIT: Please no posting of links to other games.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hiyah and hope you have a good time here.

^___^
    {=^.^=}
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • ethanthe
    edited May 2009
    Hey, what happened at the end of Journey to the West?
  • gokustupider
    edited May 2009
    That site looks pretty cool. Too bad they removed the link tho.

I started playing it and it seems kind of neat. My computer keeps crashing tho, so I need to fix that.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hey, what happened at the end of Journey to the West?

Well, ugh.. the lame 1000 year old version says they all become gods and live a life happily ever after.

But that's just a crappy version we tell 3 year olds... The real hardcore version?

WARNING: You must be at least 16+... or your balls will explode even if you don't have balls

Watch the manga... Saiyuki by Kazuya Minekura.... That's the real hardcore version of "Journey to the West". Guarantee to scare everyone below the age of 18....

It features all the good stuff, smoking, sex, more.. smoking... more blood, and more sexy woman than Austin Powers on a good day.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • ethanthe
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I saw that version, but it was subtitled in French. I prefer the old version. They had this other version that was made in 1990, but that was also in another language and it was like 50 hours long.
  • gokustupider
    edited May 2009
    Really? Was it like a TV series or something?