"derp" moments.

AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
"derp: A word utterred when one screws up."

We've all had these moments, I bet. Entering coords wrong and going waaaay off where you meant to go, accidentally hopping off Heaven's Tear and landing on Sword Tamer..

Or being killed by a Tabby Plumdrop while afk. <_<

Stuff like that. So, have any stories to tell about it? Cause I love stories.

As for myself.. aforementioned, all has happened. I entered some coords waaaay wrong once, and somehow managed to find myself in Rook's Valley with Tauroxes at level 20. I have landed on Sword Tamer before, and was met with a quick death, among other things.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
Post edited by AinaMizuako - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    on another MMO i talked **** about a crappy GM, who happened to hear every word i said during an event >_>;
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Soloed fb19 at lvl29, when the boss went down I reached for F9(camera) and hit F8(Town port). By the time I got back to the instance the drops were vanishing one by one. :(
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Aah, Witch? You -do- know that you can press esc to cancel any skills currently being channeled, including town portal, right?

My biggest derp moment: decomposing a three-star item when I had meant to ID it.

Alternative derp moment: Round up 15 Orchid Petalis (DOT mob), AOE on them all. Forget to purify myself to remove the poison between attacks.
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:surrender I too have had the Orchid Petali AOE derp

another bad derp.....taking a nice stroll thru city gate while rednamedb:surrender

or how about doing it twice in one dayb:surrenderb:cry

or healing myself instead of tank.....yeah tv and fb's dont mix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsurannuanni - Sanctuary
    Tsurannuanni - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Derp #1 Sold 3m of TT80 items to npc when i was drunk, though they were DQ41 items.

Also landed on that damn Sword tamer while carrying my cleric and he got both of us b:victory
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    in my own fb39 i went to try and solo one of the mobs, and the mob i chose was on of the bosses! Lol lucky we had clerics xD
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • oromish
    oromish Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When i opened a zhen on a worldboss, forgetting to turn on faction protection..

Doing the above 1 week later again.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When I was giving a lift to a LV60+ cleric it somehow happened that we rode through a pack of Cadaver Rattus (LV60+ archer mobs physical damage). And it kinda didn't seem very dangerous to me (heavy armor wearer) so I didn't do much anything to change the course. So what if they shoot a few arrows? And when I got through their midst and lost them I discovered that my passenger had died, dropped off and was lying back there on the side of the road among the other roadkills... Oops! double-oops! oopsy-daisy! My bad! When you wear a heavy armor the arrow hits are like 50+ something - barely noticeable. but for a cleric it appeared to be a firing squad (or more like riding through the gauntlet) and she took hits like 300dmp per arrow. Well needless to say she was very NOT happy over it and will probably never ride with me again.

So... mind where you going when having a passenger. ;)
    edited May 2009
    I LoLed!
    Now that is funny xD

• Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Come out WarrenWolfy! We KNOW you have these moments. We KNOW you're best satiric/humorist in the whole server. You KNOW you have the knack for writing the best story this thread will ever receive. COME OUT!
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When doing World Quest once I went afk for the flight back to Thousand Streams and happened to fly past those darn mobs you get as a quest to kill when lvl 70 something. Flying low lvl mobs (dont let the lvl fool you though...they are hard) near Sanctuary. Well once they start following you in air they wont stop chasing you and thats what happened to me. When I was back he had ticket over half my new gold HP charm. I dropped to the ground and he dissapeared and left me. That was a real "Homer Simpson-DOH!"-moment for me, lol.

I also happened to buy an item for 2 mil gold once that wasnt even worth half of it when I was a tad drunk, lol.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I twice went to City of Lost, when I had to go to Village of Lost. Both times I was in Swamp when recieved quest to go to the villages and always noticed my mistake when I was in the city :( Why they gave two different places so similar names?

@Eledyssil - I had similar situation. "Oh, those are only lvl45 mobs? Who cares about them then, I can go down to Sanctuary without paying attention! ..... Huh? why my health is dropping so fast? Why are those two still following me???" Was saved from death by a cleric who healed me. After that me, cleric and BM killed both flames... Darn, I felt so stupid and ashemed! Not only got into troubles, but also made some troubles for the cleric...
  • Foxybeast - Dreamweaver
    Foxybeast - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I wanted to kill Florafang solo. So I tried to lure it, but her nasty plants came with her, so I ran for my life. And this thing chased me all the way back from Silverpool to Archosaur (bug?).
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Accidentally clicking on a exp scroll when I wanted to click on a teleport stone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Finally completing a wq and getting to East Barrier only to realize that Book 29 is not the last book. It was like my 30th run too.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Come out WarrenWolfy! We KNOW you have these moments. We KNOW you're best satiric/humorist in the whole server. You KNOW you have the knack for writing the best story this thread will ever receive. COME OUT!
    Remember this post way back in January about the brave little lvl. 35 Wolfy Barbarian valiantly doing his best to thwart / ridicule / undermine the lvl. 70 kill-stealing Venomancer?

One of the tactics that I employed during that whole episode - and that I somehow managed to completely forget to include in the story - was my brilliant, "use my greater speed in tiger form to run off and kill the mobs just before the Veno can get there," tactic.

Seems logical, right? Well, I discovered there were two flaws with this idea. First, I didn't realize at the time that Venomancers get those little flowers that make them run faster. This meant that I'd transform, run away with the Veno chasing, transform back and start trying to kill a mob, and then have the Veno steal it anyway because I hadn't run far enough.

"No problem", I thought at the time. I'd just have to run even further. The trick, of course, was to find that magic distance where the Veno would almost, but not quite, be able to get there in time. I started running away to a relatively distant mob, and about halfway there I needed to check if the Veno was still chasing. So I panned my camera to look behind me.

This "look behind you as you run, and rely on the mini-map instead" is the second flaw.

It turns out the Veno hadn't given chase this time. Sure, I was free to get an easy kill, but of course it also meant she's have "won" by driving me away. So I killed one mob, then ran back and tried again. Once again, the Veno didn't give chase. Dang! Once again, an easy kill, but not what I wanted.

Third time's the charm, right? I ran off and the Veno started to follow, but then I guess she decided not to and went back to killing "her" mobs.

So there I am, watching the Veno not follow me. Oh well. In the mini-map I head towards the closest white-dot representing an easy kill.

Yup. It was an "easy kill" all-right. In fact, Yan the Traitor one-hits me.

Derp!

This story does have a happy ending, however. After about 5 seconds of the clutch slipping in my brain, I finally realized why exactly my character was now a lifeless corpse. But once I did, my response was exactly the correct one: I checked to ensure that the lvl. 70 Veno had seen none of this (she hadn't), then re-spawned back to Hidden Orchid and booked it as quickly as I could back to the Venomancer so as to resume right where I had left off.

Because obviously, the most important thing was not to learn a valuable lesson about watching where you are going, but rather it was that appearances must be kept up no matter what, lest the lvl. 70 Veno you're trying to outwit gets concrete proof that you are indeed a total noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You sir, are EPIC.
    *gives an internet*
    Dare I ask if you recall the name of said Veno?
  • AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    On MY-EN server went to kings tripod (i dont know the name in PWI) to kill Khewy the Rattus (i guess that is the name here, the rat boss that runs alot). No one wanted to help so i wandered aimlessly in that area seeking help and got in a way of another huge boss way higher lvl. I had my back at him and didnt saw him come. Huge red thing with many eyes hat flies over the mountains. That was the stupidest thing ever. I dont know how strong that boss was but it killed me instantly.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Kings tripod= King's Feast, Khewy=same name, big eye thing= Eyes of the Krimson Beyond, really nasty and most people don't like to kill him.

Now for my DERP >.> Current bid on gold was 108k....
    I typed and wound up buying it for 180k .......T.T
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was basically grinding Huggy Hares near Sanctuary once while the tv was on AND while my dad was talking to me about something (I forgot, was it cars...?). Anyways, I was trying to feign attention while watching tv and mindlessly killing huggy hares when I suddenly got mobbed by about 3 huggy hares. Now, I'm a robe veno, so I'm pretty squishy and I had no hp charms (Why didnt I have a charm on me?!).

So basically, here I am, doing three things at once, STARING at my veno getting killed by huggy hares, and doing absolutely nothing. I mean really. Nothing at all. My pet was killing another monster, I was just standing there. Took me about 5 seconds until I realized what the hell I was doing and tried to run away/pot myself/sic my pet on them/do SOMETHING. Of course, in my attempt to do so, I died....miserably.

So.....mindless grinding really is just that: Mindless.
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It took me until after level 50 to find out that there was more than one page of auctions per item in the AH, needless to say i hadnt always been buying at the lowest prices possible ... but the part that really made me laugh was the fact that my Faction leader who has played about a month longer than me didnt know either ... we were both ummmm surprised and a little sheepish ...
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hmm, I know I have had a bunch but the only one I can recall is this:

A member from a faction I used to be in was messing around with the sword tamer and wanted to show me, or so he said. So I went over to see what he was doing and he told me to stand still, he ran over to the sword tamer and attacked it and ran away leading the sword tamer into me. His aoe hit me but missed him and I died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm in TT with two other veno friends heading down to the Lord of Percussion on Dimensic difficulty for the level 70 expansion quest. Having never tried this before, we're all pretty nervous. We run by the last of the explosive clapping hands, we all summon our pets--my herc and their frogs--and we send them in.

Just as they reach the Lord, I realize I forgot to buff my herc or tell him to spam Bash.

So the frogs, who are spamming Bash, gain aggro and die while I'm buffing the herc and activating Bash. One of my friends says, "Hey, our frogs died! Must've been some kind of close-range AOE?"

"Uh, yeah, guess so," I answer sheepishly. Oh well, at least we won the fight!
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and there was i, waiting for respawn of DoD after expansion (they said it was tougher) so, everybody says: "it respawned" and well, lets say i did "notice", like 5 seconds i was dead there..

more fun with DoD, tanking with another team, archer, mage and veno took aggro... and i was not cappable of keeping it!! they were all killed and i stayed there soloing it.. (.. killed him, and nobody received the credit)

and, while writting this, appeared in some lvl 80+ place with 5+ mobs attacking me!! i am still scared...

as for some victorious moment: i tanked my own fb39! yay
  • Isathara - Sanctuary
    Isathara - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    URF, I remember like last week or so, I was visiting Etherblade for a quest, and some BM maybe 20 levels below me challenges to a duel.
    So I accept, and as she starts attacking I completely forget to select her.
    Like.. completely. I don't even consider that option when my spells don't hit.
    I just start freaking out when my spells won't activate, like "OMG MAGICAL BM SKILL OMGOMGOMG WHERE DOZ IT COM FORM!? NEVAR I SEENA SPELLBLOCKING SKILL!"
    ...and she ends up winning against a mage 20 levels higher than her even as I'm spamming Distance Shrink and Morning Dew.

And of course, everybody has their moments when they're showing off their new Dragon's Breath AOE to all their guildies and get totally owned by like 3 mobs 5 levels below you. D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Luminary] Is looking for members, and I'm looking for friends! <3 -PM Me In game!-
  • Caslina - Sanctuary
    Caslina - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Derp 1: Forgot to defuse bomb after finishing cube.

Derp 2: AFK at cube room49... Failed.

Derp 3: Watching TV during WQ, used Faction Tele from Vol.5 to Vol.8 instead of saving it for Vol.17 to Vol.20.

Derp 4: Used 5 star dragon orb instead of 2 star for refining +2. (they all look around the same to sleepy eyes).

Derp 5: NPC 4 Dog Tags thinking they were Seele Tokens DQ. Similar icon in inventory.
    Started PWI - Oct 2008
    Uninstalled PWI - Aug 2009
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    sadly i dont have any funny F up moments :|.
    i generally only make typos and usually just go back to correct them, one famous one among my wife and i, "i cant type with my eues ****" (i can type with my eyes shut typed while blindfolded)
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I learnt the hard way to always set up autopathing height to maximum before going afk...

I was lvl 50ish and had to go to Town of Arrivals. I set it to 60 and then went afk while my character flew. When I get back, I am just in time to see my character being mana drained and poisoned by the vipions right above the town, only to die at that very moment. Needless to say, that was quite embarrassing considering the fact that clerics can hit purify and completely get rid of the poison...

Ten lvls later, I autopathed straight into Krimson totally by mistake.

Yeah...so now I'm always sure to have my character fly at the highest altitude possible. Better safe than sorry lol.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So, I'm trying to do my 20/20/20 alone, right? I've been in there a few times, gotten as far as the NPC, and killed everything up to him, since it takes forever to plow through those mobs. Well... I'd been avoiding it, after nearly getting thouroughly violated by the caster mobs in there... Golems really, really, do not like Casters. I finally run out of quests, and have some spare time, so I go back in there. No big deal, pull petalis, piece of cake, right? Not quite... I, stupidly, pull the first petali wrong. So, my pet gets the other 3 on him. Well, we all know what to do at this point, right? Unsummon pet, and try again. Well... I panic. I hit heal pet. And they come at me. Poison starts stacking, they freeze me in place over and over again, as I make a mad dash for the exit, popping every pot I have. PHEW! I make it. And then the loading screen disappears and I find that I'm now dead. Seems that my game took so long to load, that, while the cooldown on my pots had finished, with no way to use them, I just died, in front of everyone in Whetstone Keep, in the very middle of town. And nobody even offered to res me. DERP.
    edited May 2009
    I learnt the hard way to always set up autopathing height to maximum before going afk...

I was lvl 50ish and had to go to Town of Arrivals. I set it to 60 and then went afk while my character flew. When I get back, I am just in time to see my character being mana drained and poisoned by the vipions right above the town, only to die at that very moment. Needless to say, that was quite embarrassing considering the fact that clerics can hit purify and completely get rid of the poison...

Ten lvls later, I autopathed straight into Krimson totally by mistake.

Yeah...so now I'm always sure to have my character fly at the highest altitude possible. Better safe than sorry lol.

Lol i was autopath flying there when i read your post, LoL changed the altitude just before reaching the vipions xD