BEST pVp SKILLs for ARCHER

Options
alan89
alan89 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Hello, This is my first account and I was hopeing to get it right the first time.

I have level 24
Archer
86 dex
40 str for x bow

What are the best skills to max out on for pvp?
thanks for any help.
Post edited by alan89 on

Comments

• Yayforme - Lost City
    Yayforme - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    put this on the archer forums
    UR ALL JEALOUS b:cool b:cool b:cool

IGN: YayForMe b:mischievous
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Deadly shot for venos mages and clerics, maybe stun arrow, or even aim low.
    for BM'S use lightning attacks.
    stay away from barbs.
    Wonhalt
  • Kiril - Harshlands
    Kiril - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Dont ever learn the skills Taking Aim and Quick Shot. b:laugh I never use them in PK or Duel. Taking aim needs 5secs to launch LAWL and the dmg is so overwhelming XD You can level QS at least to lvl 2, 3 max.. But with some really spare SP which you dont need. Within 5secs you can be dead b:shocked
    Registration Date: 12/08/2008
    Quit Date: 06/2010
    b:cry
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Dont ever learn the skills Taking Aim and Quick Shot. b:laugh I never use them in PK or Duel. Taking aim needs 5secs to launch LAWL and the dmg is so overwhelming XD You can level QS at least to lvl 2, 3 max.. But with some really spare SP which you dont need. Within 5secs you can be dead b:shocked

Don't listen to this guy. :)
    Take aim when you guy 9x, even 8x, is VERY powerfull, and quickshot is a good chi builder, and if you ever go sage/demon, can become quite powerfull.
    Wonhalt
  • Akiratojo - Heavens Tear
    Akiratojo - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Don't listed to the guy above ^ He couldnt kill me if his life depended on it ^>^
    Jk, anyway, I'd say that Take aim is somewhat useless, it is a long long skill to use, and the damage is not worth it really. Quickshot is okay, It is a good chi builder, and is a great fast attack that you can use after you stunned your opponent.
    But I would suggest you leave take aim alone, it is not the best of skills, because it is so slooooooow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
    Warning: This user has bad spelling
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wow its scarey whats being said here....

Disturbing too...

Take aim and Quickshot once your 89 are by far one of the better skills. Deadly-shot doesn't hold a candle to take aim once you get the sage/demon skill.

You dont need to charge take aim all the way, just click and fire.

Take aim is the only percentage based attack in the archers inventory. Once you get a TT90 crossbow and refine it a bit you'll understand.

Take aim level 10 is a 3.2 second charge. The Sage/demon version is a 3.0 second charge - if you are really concerned with charging.

400% of 1500 is 6000 + Base Damage. (Take Aim)

100% of Base Damage + 4986 = Approximately 6986 (Deadly shot)

Quickshot demon/sage is a good way to get off a shot for your base damage + 2500.

Anyone who says quickshot/Take Aim is useless probably isn't 89. And if they are... Well they are as dull as Jonnie with mdef shards
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Check this out I been doing a lot of studying.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247521
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Ghettodog - Lost City
    Ghettodog - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

WRONG take aim is great because it based on a PERCENT of weapon damage
    this is a skill that is great in pvp because when starting a fight why not start with high damage
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Quick and powerful shots manage the best. Never a skill like Take Aim, even if it's powerful.

Stay away from barbs.

Venos ok, I'd suggest ignoring the pet and going straight for the owner. If the owner goes down, so does the pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    take aim 90+ is amazing. i used deadlyshot pvp-wise pre9x and left take aim at level 1 to use for grinding (holding the skill down = great chi builder). as for quickshot it is terrible, don't level it till you get the skill book (good f'ing luck)
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:victory Take aim is amazing for suprise attacks hehe. its like out of the blue (for me at level 24 in duels((damage test)) i hit an 800 crit on a 60 wizard)

P.S. I DO happen to have a moonlight bow that is about as good damage as a level 35 3* crossbow :P but take aim is EPIC for 2v2 take downs when the person isnt on u. u can nuke them like CRAZY with it. be all *take aim* pew pew *aim low* pew pew :) *take aim* lolz i have a 40 archer on LC and when i pk with a BM friend I do that while he distracts them :P
  • Mystyra - Lost City
    Mystyra - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Dont ever learn the skills Taking Aim and Quick Shot.

Quick shot is very helpful IMO o.O
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    best skills: stun skills, all elemental skills.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Quick and powerful shots manage the best. Never a skill like Take Aim, even if it's powerful.

Take aim is an opener shot for unsuspecting opponites.

In group PvP if nobody pays much attention to you, or you are well hidden, 3 seconds is not a bad wait for something potentially devastating if it crits.
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    All the basics.
    Such as fire arrow ect..
    Winged shell
    Thunderslighting
    Stuning skills
    Deadly shot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Lucifeara - Lost City
    Lucifeara - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    best skills: stun skills, all elemental skills.

Gotta agree!
    Stun, thundershock, lightning strike, aim low.
    if they aint dead ie not quite beating heiro tick, repeat and kite them and bang serrated arrow and poison in there to beat the heiro tick.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Gotta agree!
    Stun, thundershock, lightning strike, aim low.
    if they aint dead ie not quite beating heiro tick, repeat and kite them and bang serrated arrow and poison in there to beat the heiro tick.

serrated arrow/poisonb:shocked

gtfo
  • Lucifeara - Lost City
    Lucifeara - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    serrated arrow/poisonb:shocked

gtfo

lawl.
    Both of those are relatively weak to other skills. But if fighting an 80+ barb and just not quite able to finish him because of heiro, banging those 2 on can be the difference ebtween killing him or not. Some skills are knocked by people who dont do the pure maths of damage v heiro tick and cooldown.
    They aint 2 skills that are primary ones to use, as i said only to tip the balance your way
  • darkforse
    darkforse Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    umm people say archer suck at duels Vs barbs... WRONG
    archers have speed all u have to do is run aim low stuns 8 secs then just spark and lightning them. simple plus if they do come close u just evade most of there attacks :D b:pleased