how to overcome PULLING AGGRO ???

Options
Whiteleo - Lost City
Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
hello,
now i'm 60, finally and i go some FB for my friend.
yes i doing good dmg. really good dmg i should say
some of my skill are max DP lvl 9 etc., and spark a lot
problem here
all mob and boss just come and attack me O.o b:shocked
even i use gush.
yesterday i go FB19 for my fri i'm the highest lvl in squad lol
one 19BM, one 31Veno and one 39BM
because of me Veno died 3 times (don't have cleric, sadly)
how to over come this pulling aggro?
need advice and help!! b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Whiteleo - Lost City on

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When you outlevel your tank, you should reduce your damage if you do not want to be pulling aggro.

You can wait before you attack so your tank can build up aggro. You can take off your damage rings. You can use lower damage skills and skills which do less critical hit damage (use your damage over time skills, maybe).

You should also be talking with your tank so you can get an idea of how well he (barbarian) or she (veno) can hold aggro on each monster.

Or... find your party a higher level tank?
  • AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If ur a wizard then ur damage is TOO HIGH. You said u had bms in your squad. If so then BM have trouble keeping aggro cuz many dont lvl stream strike. After the genies come BM will be able to keep aggro as good as a barb. The thing is dont attack until the tank casts a aggro skill on the mob (flesh ream for barb, stream strike for BM, flesh ream veno pet). If no aggro skill lands on the mob they go for the highest damage (you). As a wizard or archer you must not nuke with everything u have just as u come in. Do rational damage. Also always have a cleric with you if u have squishies in squad. If u say you were the highest in squad then ur damage was way to high. Remember just because you have loads of nukes doesnt mean you have to use them all recklessly.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ok, if i wait for my tank casting aggo, i can't cast any spell if he don't cast aggo? then i need to wait wait and wait.
    if i put of my rings , yes i don't pull aggo but it will take hell long.
    i can't wake and i want to take down all mob quick.
    Yes, i can control my char , use HP pot and FOW, shrink, but someothers died because of me. i feel sorry for that b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Killing mobs quick works on regular grinding mobs. FB mobs and other elite mobs (that have little ornaments on the name banner) have huge hp, magic and physical resistance. So taking them out before they reach u is out of question, you need a good tanker between you and the mob. No skill has "no aggro" like i said the mob goes after the highest damage dealer unless the tank casts a agro skill. Im sorry if u want to blow everything up as a wiz, but you have to cut down on the destruction. Your job is to make the battle between the tank and aggro a little quicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So..,let me summerize

1. Wait for tanker to make Aggro.
    2. Becareful before i cast a spell (should not cast maxed spell and don't spark).

am i right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    save the spark for pvp. And just temperate your damage. Don't throw everything u have right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    simply put, "avoid doing too much damage in a SHORT period of time"
    one thing i learned dearly from my fb51 is not to use pyro-gush-pyro combo, first i thuoght they are quick chann and cast so i do more damage, but thats b4 i know something call "aggro"
    well for a wiz, u CAN still do high damage but just not too QUICKLY
    i am a lvl75 pure int wiz atm, wat i do to not pull aggro is to use long chann spells, this way it will even out the damage.
    what i usually do is sandstorm(lvl10)-crown of flame(lvl1)-Stone Rain(lvl10)-pitfall(lvl1) and repeat.
    the CoF and pit are there to "eat up" some time, and they can still do damage since they are DoT.
    i use this combo in all my fb runs and tt runs and it works perfect for me, i can even spark and use it. but accidently do happen such as crit two in a row and crit during spark, but most of the time, i find this combo to be effective, great damage and without the risk of pulling aggro, not to mention the blind effect from sandstorm really helps the tank out.
    well i hope this helps ^^
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I sense some contradiction here. Ho do you judge the greatness of the damage?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think evilramen says that fast skills deal too much damage too fast. By using the long-time cast skills that deal greater damage and leaving a "breathing space" between hits should deal enough damage and avoid aggro towards the wiz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Take your rings off or bring a **** weapon with you so you dont pull agro. Just my opinion
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Erm.. you should be able to kill FB19 mobs without getting touched..
    but for higher FBs, there should be people higher level than you to take aggro
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    In FBs I like to play a little game by timing my aggro pulling until just before the boss dies. It's quite funny watching a boss try and get to you before you land the killing blow. Prior to that I usually just chuck a few spells maybe 2-3 then wait a few secs, if I didn't pull aggro then I'll do another couple. In FBs, especially the higher ones, you should get a good feel on how well your barb can hold aggro by the time you reach the bosses. Mobs are a good way to gauge that.

For mobs it all depends on how quickly they die to the group. If they go down in less than 10 secs then go for it from the start, that's about 4-5 spells not really enough time to pull aggro if the barb grabs hate on the first hit. 10-20secs and I'll wait for the HP bar to reach around 90% then start my onslaught. More than 20secs I'll be cautious.

If I know I can tank a few hits before my HP charm ticks I won't care about aggro. I personally hate holding back on damage, defeats the purpose of a Wizard IMO.
    I like pie
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is why you generally only party with people you can rely on. To a wizard, a barb is as important as a cleric to a barb; a crappy one will **** you over.

And as LA, I can usually take a hit and survive long enough with blink etc to allow the barb to pick the boss back up. I just try and see whether I steal agro. If not, yay, if I do, I'll wait a little bit before continuing. If you spark for MP, keep your eyes open for crits, you go over 25k easily with element advantage, and more if you're pure magic. Eventually you just get used to controlling your agro, I have no problems with it at all.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hello,
    now i'm 60, finally and i go some FB for my friend.
    yes i doing good dmg. really good dmg i should say
    some of my skill are max DP lvl 9 etc., and spark a lot
    problem here
    all mob and boss just come and attack me O.o b:shocked
    even i use gush.
    yesterday i go FB19 for my fri i'm the highest lvl in squad lol
    one 19BM, one 31Veno and one 39BM
    because of me Veno died 3 times (don't have cleric, sadly)
    how to over come this pulling aggro?
    need advice and help!! b:thanks

meh, same here, i always take aggro from ppl (even barbs) usually if i ess sultra or 2 spark my skills, i dont seem to have a problem, cuz if its magic, i can tank it ( 2.2k hp at lv 79) and its its phy melee, u can blink away and have barb/bm take back aggro, and if its phy/ranged, just dont take aggro in the first place lol, it'd be faster then u taking aggro and killing every1 in ur squad...b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How to not pull aggro: Dishy's savior guide!!!!!
    It's called wait till the boss is @ 70 % before u start attacking :). or wait longer if lower level tank.
    or if u wanna have fun.. have 299 chi single spark, gush then BID (or BT) and hope for a crit ^^.

Edit: Typos are hell :(
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Let's start from the beginning. Does anybody know how it works? I mean what's the algorithm by which the mob picks it's target?

Yes I'm serious.
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    your a wizzy if your taking agg that means your powerfuler than them and that means its proof that wizzys rock!
    i like pie
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you necro the thread just for this?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I usually just wait until the bosses are down about 1/8th health and pray my 1% crit doesn't happen to often. It's really not that tricky. If they are normal mobs they shouldn't be an issue in anything under fb39 for you anymore. You should be able to solo an fb19 at this point, you might want to get some better armour. If you don't want to just sit there than hit them with your DOT spells in the mean time.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Eh, pulling aggro on fb19 bosses and stuff isn't too bothersome. A level 40+ wiz can easily tank them with a cleric healing or some nifty kiting.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    when You Outlevel Your Tank, You Should Reduce Your Damage If You Do Not Want To Be Pulling Aggro.

You Can Wait Before You Attack So Your Tank Can Build Up Aggro. You Can Take Off Your Damage Rings. You Can Use Lower Damage Skills And Skills Which Do Less Critical Hit Damage (use Your Damage Over Time Skills, Maybe).

You Should Also Be Talking With Your Tank So You Can Get An Idea Of How Well He (barbarian) Or She (veno) Can Hold Aggro On Each Monster.

Or... Find Your Party A Higher Level Tank?
    Die Fleuri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!