Clerics Or Wizzys
Post edited by DivineReign - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Cleric >>>> wizard
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Cleric >>>> wizard

wizzz :Db:laughb:laugh
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wiz is more fun for me than cleric. Harder to play and level, perhaps, but I enjoy my skillsets better as a Wizard. And while I'm a helpful sort, the spamming of "healpl0x" wherever I went and "can you rez me" before I even hit level 20 (Seriously, a Res from someone wearing Ring Mail or Necromancy Robes with a blue name?) ... well, I'm a helpful sort but I don't like being followed everywhere XD (I did the heals, in other words, but it was distracting...) I'd like a chance to play the game for myself for a bit, and spamming heal for the next 90 levels just didn't appeal to me.

So instead I have my slew of elemental attacks, and do ninja-heals for random people with Morning Dew in my downtime between quests. Heh heh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Try both and find out ^^.
    As I'm a wizard my vision is biased, but here the list of things making me more a wizard than a cleric:
    Wider skill choice
    Unique survivability based on the person sitting on the chair (Blink and FoW)
    Every battle is a challenge, you have to time things right or you're dead (Fun inside)
    Crit'ing with Sandstorm on this Dragonmaid and oneshot it or tanking 5 of them and aoe them without hp charm tick
    Essential Sutra, Mountain Seize <3
    Don't be called every time for every thing while doing my stuff.
    Don't be responsible of a party wipe for miss-healing ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Cleric>Wizard
    Fact.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i played both and i love my wizard
    its more fun and engaging and sadly to say cleric is kinda boring since all attacks look the same. and wizard has the coolest looking skills (dragon, blade tempest, glacial snare, dragons breath-it never ends)
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Every battle is a challenge, you have to time things right or you're dead (Fun inside)

Well let's say many are and sometimes you wish they weren't. It's fun to the point. But when you have a quest and every mob requires kitting, knocking back or sealing, and you have to kill loads of them, it may get tiring. Avoid looking at other classes in such situations. You may get pissed off.

Crit'ing with Sandstorm on this Dragonmaid and oneshot it or tanking 5 of them and aoe them without hp charm tick

Sounds fun in theory but happens very rarely. Be ready to get some skills that in theory will let you do some really fun and nasty things, but when you actually attempt to do it you will realise, that some tiny details ruin it. Take dragonmaids for example. Perfect mob, but so scarce that AoEing 5 at a time requires real wizardry. Don't be surprised when you realise that 15 sec of time the mobs chase you is way to little to have fun.

Yes You won't be blamed for miss - healing, but you can cause party wipe by pulling aggro quite easily. So you still have to watch it and restrain yourself which simply sucks or let it go and make a mess which sucks too. It's not like cleric's can't pull aggro, but somehow they are usually busy with something else. (No I'm not implying, that that something doesn't suck)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Do you know how party wipes accur? They don't accur when a Cleric "miss-heals" there's no such thing, it happens when some stupid player (or just careless, **** happens) takes aggro of mobs while he shouldn't, the Cleric cannot keep the whole party alive when everyone is messing their hp up. People that blame Clerics on party wipes are the ones that made the mistakes.

Btw. Clerics are not only healers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If ur a hardcore fan of wizards in games roll a wiz. If u want an overall better char roll cleric. The damage is slightly less and the money are a problem but in every other possible way cleric is vastly superior. If u build it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Do you know how party wipes accur? They don't accur when a Cleric "miss-heals" there's no such thing

Mikel,

When the tab holder get killed by the boss aoe cauz the 2nd cleric didn't aoe heal in time, its his fault.
    When the cleric don't purify the physical debuff the boss casted on the tanker and make him die, and the boss just 2 shot everyone else in the party, its the cleric fault.

That's the situations I was talking about, stop reacting to my post when you didn't read whole thing and understanding it. Step out of my feet....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Do you know how party wipes accur? They don't accur when a Cleric "miss-heals" there's no such thing, it happens when some stupid player (or just careless, **** happens) takes aggro of mobs while he shouldn't, the Cleric cannot keep the whole party alive when everyone is messing their hp up. People that blame Clerics on party wipes are the ones that made the mistakes.

Btw. Clerics are not only healers.

Clerics cause thier share too. Stacking IH while the barb is going in and not stopping prior to the barb getting in a flesh ream. Seen a cleric pull bosses that way too many times.

Popping BB too fast\too slow on Warlurd. NOT healing the tank...etc etc All classes can cause the party to wipe.

Archers and Wiz's are just bad about it due to higher dmg output >.<' we just got to ease into really laying out the pain and its all fine.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Step out of my feet....

Err i'm not stepping on anyone's feet, i always point something out when I have something to add, doesn't matter who the poster was and I did read your whole post but you see, I'm a Cleric and I've seen those mistakes. The tank saying that I don't save his charm, while I actually am forced to heal the entire party. Though in most parties I've been I'm the only Cleric so that could also be a cause. You should also consider that the aoe heal has a certain casting time, it's not so fast to keep everyone alive when they get assulted.
    Clerics cause thier share too. Stacking IH while the barb is going in and not stopping prior to the barb getting in a flesh ream. Seen a cleric pull bosses that way too many times.

Popping BB too fast\too slow on Warlurd. NOT healing the tank...etc etc All classes can cause the party to wipe.

Well of course Clerics can be the cause too but in most cases no, the people that aggro wrong mobs are the cause in most cases, also about the aoe killing the tabber, the tabber should always be out of the aoe range, i've done fbs up to 59 and i don't recall a single tabber getting killed by aoe.
    7 out of 10 times it's not the Cleric's fault in my expirience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'll tell one thing: the OP is asking why (us wizard) are we playing a wizard. Who cause party wipe or how isn't the purpose of this thread.
    I told why I play this class, there's nothing more to say period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I can outdamage my cleric friends crits with my regular hits, lol.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I can outdamage my cleric friends crits with my regular hits, lol.
    BS. Without undine strike, wizard's and cleric's damage is very close.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    spare urself the future facepalm..be a cleric. Its true that when pplz wanna fb they will just replace you with a more wanted class if other than a wizard is avaible. They will always pick a Barb over a wizard anyday, as will they a BM, Cleric, Archer, and even the Veno. Lets face it ur just a class that is easily replaced,and untill you lose ur gimp hat youll always be the class that fills the empty space when no one else was around at the time. Its sad i knoe but its true, You ever seen ppl kick an archer for a wiz? or any other class for that matter? Your just a spike DD with horrible HP and def. and a slow crappy heal(wich is only useful to you really)... Now.. let the flames FLY!!
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Your just a spike DD with horrible HP and def.
    57lvl, 2326hp and 1979def (46%) selfbuffed. Are you sure this is horrible?
    --
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    57lvl, 2326hp and 1979def (46%) selfbuffed. Are you sure this is horrible?

Yes. It is.
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Indeed it is...
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes. It is.
    Lolwut? It's better than archer of my level with +/- same equipment can have.
    (I consider only full dex archers, 'cause they kill with crits and dex is what you need to crit.)
    --
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No.. just saying that every class is better than you..
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You can say whatever you want, it does not matter without any facts.
    --
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lolwut? It's better than archer of my level with +/- same equipment can have.
    (I consider only full dex archers, 'cause they kill with crits and dex is what you need to crit.)

What do You mean by "they kill with crits"?

But whatever You do, this is not fair comparison. It may be true that 10% of dex transferred into vit lowers archers' damage more than 10% if mag transferred into vit in case of wizards, but Your damage is lowered in comparison with pure mag, so pick an archer with lowered damage as well.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What do You mean by "they kill with crits"?
    I mean, archer without crits is a lot weaker than wizard.
    But whatever You do, this is not fair comparison. It may be true that 10% of dex transferred into vit lowers archers' damage more than 10% if mag transferred into vit in case of wizards
    MUCH more. Lowered mag just lowers matk, and all wiz skills have high fixed part so total damage is still high. Archers with lowered dex get lower (1) damage, (2) crit rate, (3) accuracy and (4) evasion. But well, lets compare with full vit archer...

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b48b0cf2eaee5633

And my equipment...

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f2d6dc57febdfe47

300 less vit, def is still bit higher. Attack in stats is greater (without crits) even if archer does not miss... but full vit archer miss quite often, and its no fun if you miss with your slowests and most damaging skill, that's why this build is unpopular.
    --
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    whoever said 2326hp and 1979def is low for level 57 wizard fails. Any veno that levl will have much less hp, and their pets aer easily knocked back,slowed and blinked away from.

Veno is a fail caster, its like a heavy cleric that calls in their 6x BM friend to fight a 8x wizard. WOW like 100 dmg per spell on me (level 30) and like 300 on my friends (level 6x). Unless u have a tank pet, u will fail against mages, and even then the mages goes up in the air 10 meters.

Veno has (1) no damage by themselves (2) unless they have a nix, they arent going to do any damage to a mage and (3) tank pets can be flown away from and flying pets are an easy pheonix, sandstorm 2 shot. Venos just fail without their $200 pets.

Edit: And mages also have the best 8x avatar ^^.

Edit:Edit: PvE venos get no say in class discussions tyvm.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No.. just saying that every class is better than you..

lol, that is priceless.
    I was talking about open minded ppl with someone, then I came to read this topic. Epic.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    whoever said 2326hp and 1979def is low for level 57 wizard fails. Any veno that levl will have much less hp, and their pets aer easily knocked back,slowed and blinked away from.

Veno is a fail caster, its like a heavy cleric that calls in their 6x BM friend to fight a 8x wizard. WOW like 100 dmg per spell on me (level 30) and like 300 on my friends (level 6x). Unless u have a tank pet, u will fail against mages, and even then the mages goes up in the air 10 meters.

Veno has (1) no damage by themselves (2) unless they have a nix, they arent going to do any damage to a mage and (3) tank pets can be flown away from and flying pets are an easy pheonix, sandstorm 2 shot. Venos just fail without their $200 pets.

No one said Venos aren't squishy.
    He asked if those stats at 57 are squishy, I'd say, yes it is.
    I didn't say it is "low" per say for a wizard.
    Its just low by definition of "squishy".
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Clerics Or Wizzys

what do you mean?
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its just low by definition of "squishy".
    Lol? These stats were not squishy enough for 6X veno with a bee to kill me, even to tick charm hard enough. Well, if you call squishy anything that is not barb or vit bm...
    --
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    usually squishies in a squad are all LA and robe users.
    Veno's are somewhat different cause no one cares what they wear as long as they play the pet properly.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]