Take off the BM NERF

Options
Superdead - Sanctuary
Superdead - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Blade/Axe/Pole/Fist masters have got to be the most spread out, underpowered and downright spat upon class in PW. They cannot take on enemies same level or even 20 levels below them. It's a joke how little use they are in this game. They lack HP, defense, and attack power. I'm not asking for all three to be risen, but give them SOMETHING to make them worthwhile on the battlefield. Want HP? Go Barb. Want Damage? Go Wizard. Want Defense? Go Veno. Give an archer a sword and he'd be better than most BMs.

And don't come in here saying "stun lock" because the only use a stun lock is for is to procrastinate the eventual fate of them dying. Every other class can win a 1v1 fight against something, but BMs lose against everyone. I'm sick of the class that can shine the brightest get sludged on by the devs into something that has to beg for help for everything.

Skill has nothing to do with this. I stun locked a wizard for 5 minutes straight and then it two hit killed me. I'm a pole with bleed maxed, and it doesn't help that our defensive skills are suicide tradeoffs. Wizards get to raise defense AND regen, while we must decide whether our average phys defense should be above average and sacrifice magic, or make our comical magic defense below average and reduce our phys defense to below average.

The skill tree is also horrendous. 4 different trees with 4 different weapons!!! From an experienced standpoint. Never go any weapon besides axe. Sword is nerfed and its only good attack is it's 59, pole has bleed and range but it's **** poor weak, fist has nothing but a sub-par aoe sweep kick that has a 6 second cool down. Axes have 3 aoe attacks and one of them stun, but it doesn't matter because they are all nerfed. It doesn't help that every class has a skill to make our attacks weaker than they already are. How pathetic is it that you're role in TW is to run around dying while stunning people so the real workers can kill in peace?

Comically poor, I rate BMs a 2/10. The 2 being that they can stun enemies for a while. Everything else is a joke. No damage, no defense, no HP. That's my tirade for tonight. AVOID BM AT ALL COST. They have all their attributes crippled because they are the hybrid class of failure. Archers are hybrids and do it just fine, so why are BMs such a joke?

Now ignore me and nitpick at my grammar, because the fact stands strong that BMs are the weakest class with no positive points. A weak man with skill has nothing against a strong man with equal skill.
Post edited by Superdead - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    BM is probably the most versatile class in this game. I would not call them weak...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Superdead - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    versatile is a synonym to multi-purpose which then points to my spread out point. We do not excel in anything, we are just par. Par does not make them strong.

ALSO, why use a wooden hammer when there's a steel one right next to it? BMs are only alternatives to the more powerful classes. As previously stated in my topic, all other classes take priority over the certain aspects of the game. There is no angle that the BMs have that would make them first choice. They will always be a distant #2 that are reluctant to be added.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    -Get 70
    -Equip XS
    -Pk 7x people
    -Love warrior till mid 8x
    -QQ again till GX
  • Superdead - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    impressive, BMs are useful for around 15 levels after leveling 70 times. Then they are right back where they are now, useless. I'm thinking it's time to change to a more useful class, one that actually has something to look forward to besides mediocrity.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    versatile is a synonym to multi-purpose which then points to my spread out point. We do not excel in anything, we are just par. Par does not make them strong.

ALSO, why use a wooden hammer when there's a steel one right next to it? BMs are only alternatives to the more powerful classes. As previously stated in my topic, all other classes take priority over the certain aspects of the game. There is no angle that the BMs have that would make them first choice. They will always be a distant #2 that are reluctant to be added.

jack of all trades/master of none :p
  • Superdead - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    no one seems to understand the problem. What good is it if you can be a mediocre tank or mediocre DD, or mediocre aoe grinder? Mediocre is still a failing grade. This class is dead before it even starts. I chose my name carefully and accurately.
  • HeavenzSky - Harshlands
    HeavenzSky - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    actually, BMs are the best solo AoE grinders
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    In my opinion BMs are the of the most overpowered lol, all they need is 4k+ hp and they become impossible to kill, with a possible 20 or so second stun lock, skills that up there magic defences by like 150% and good crit rate there one of the most painful. Sure they can’t hit as hard as some other classes, but who needs to hit hard when you can be stun locked and just battered down with xs lol
  • Superdead - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    power? I think you misread my topic. 4k HP goes fast when your enemy does 1k~2k damage. If they can't stun kill you, then you win, end of discussion, attack power is comical. The magic defense makes your physical defense 0, so that's more than a problem, especially against a cleric or archer, who have both magic and phys. BMs need to hit hard because once stun is over the game will instantly be decided.

You call them overpowered but talk like they're only a nuissence to kill and hurt you a little. What I want BMs to become is something that is to be feared and respected. You see a white-name BM and jump in without worry because you know he doesn't stand a chance against you
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    bms are strong...*looks at bms i know in fear*
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mosz... you still play?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowdragon - Harshlands
    Shadowdragon - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Damn it they deleted my post...
    In my opinion BMs are the of the most overpowered lol, all they need is 4k+ hp and they become impossible to kill, with a possible 20 or so second stun lock, skills that up there magic defences by like 150% and good crit rate there one of the most painful. Sure they can’t hit as hard as some other classes, but who needs to hit hard when you can be stun locked and just battered down with xs lol

I think you need a lil more than 4k hp... Been one shotted for 4.7k... Think by you... lol

And also on the note of sutra, 150% of bad m def is still bad m def. It's not nearly as useful as many believe... Unless you were to say equip LA but who does that???

Axe bm damage hurts, and they're good at stun locking. I agree that the weapon paths could be balanced much better than they are now... However it is true that if you can't kill during a stun you are pretty much dead. And I believe charms and pots work through stuns, correct me if I'm wrong. And it is true that our job is mainly to stun a large group while a mage aoe's everything to hell.

Now that that's said, I love playing as BM. I get sad when I can't help with lower level magic based bosses but all in all we can do lots. Sure we don't do damage, we can't heal, and can't hold aggro as well, but with a bit of practice and a bit of skill we can do just about anything. What was said earlier applies, we are jack of all trade classes.

If the WB loses aggro on one, we go and grab it before the mob kills the cleric. Also we assist damage, and stuns help keep the WB from taking excessive beating. We have cloud sprint for a reason, to catch lone mobs that run by, and maybe even lead it back to the main group for aoes. We can tank with a decent cleric, and we have ranged skills as well. We can't do anything well, but we can do everything if we try. And with that much to do, how can you get tired/bored of playing this class? Which is what a game sets out to do. Entertain.

Just my thoughts
  • GetPurged - Heavens Tear
    GetPurged - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have a 78 BM and I feel useless as far as squad needs go.

I have around 5.7k hp and 14k physical def with class buffs.
    Where we are meant to excel is in TW, AOE Stun ALONE makes us priceless on the battlefield, pair that with a wide range of other AOE attacks we create tons of havoc, we don't have to target any particular foe, just pick one and get to AOE'ing, get a Stun/AOE squad on the battlefront simultaneously ripping off AOE attacks and stuns, priceless.

You have to have strategy being a BM.
    Venos have to bleed you.
    Wizards and Archers pew pew and run.
    Barbs go pussycat mode and try to outlast you.
    Clerics just Ironheart till they build up enough chi to tempest.

As a BM you have to use sutra, marrows, Cloud Sprint and Will of the Bodhisatva, leaps and your stuns effectively.

It's not quite as cut and paste as other classes.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Blade/Axe/Pole/Fist masters have got to be the most spread out, underpowered and downright spat upon class in PW. They cannot take on enemies same level or even 20 levels below them. It's a joke how little use they are in this game. They lack HP, defense, and attack power. I'm not asking for all three to be risen, but give them SOMETHING to make them worthwhile on the battlefield. Want HP? Go Barb. Want Damage? Go Wizard. Want Defense? Go Veno. Give an archer a sword and he'd be better than most BMs.

And don't come in here saying "stun lock" because the only use a stun lock is for is to procrastinate the eventual fate of them dying. Every other class can win a 1v1 fight against something, but BMs lose against everyone. I'm sick of the class that can shine the brightest get sludged on by the devs into something that has to beg for help for everything.

Skill has nothing to do with this. I stun locked a wizard for 5 minutes straight and then it two hit killed me. I'm a pole with bleed maxed, and it doesn't help that our defensive skills are suicide tradeoffs. Wizards get to raise defense AND regen, while we must decide whether our average phys defense should be above average and sacrifice magic, or make our comical magic defense below average and reduce our phys defense to below average.

The skill tree is also horrendous. 4 different trees with 4 different weapons!!! From an experienced standpoint. Never go any weapon besides axe. Sword is nerfed and its only good attack is it's 59, pole has bleed and range but it's **** poor weak, fist has nothing but a sub-par aoe sweep kick that has a 6 second cool down. Axes have 3 aoe attacks and one of them stun, but it doesn't matter because they are all nerfed. It doesn't help that every class has a skill to make our attacks weaker than they already are. How pathetic is it that you're role in TW is to run around dying while stunning people so the real workers can kill in peace?

Comically poor, I rate BMs a 2/10. The 2 being that they can stun enemies for a while. Everything else is a joke. No damage, no defense, no HP. That's my tirade for tonight. AVOID BM AT ALL COST. They have all their attributes crippled because they are the hybrid class of failure. Archers are hybrids and do it just fine, so why are BMs such a joke?

Now ignore me and nitpick at my grammar, because the fact stands strong that BMs are the weakest class with no positive points. A weak man with skill has nothing against a strong man with equal skill.
    BMs are a joke, true. Their damage sucks, they can't kill anything when they are out numbered. Wizards eat BMs like they're sushi, Archers well they get the range advantage, venos...phoenix enough said. Barbs have too much HP bleh.

Tell you what? I'm not gonna tell you how strong a BM can be, I'm not gonna give you tips on that sh*t either. I'm a level 84 BladeMaster in RageQuit, I've been playing this game since Closed Beta. My BM is an all weapon user. I'm a carebear... I don't pk or pvp much mostly because i'm not even 89 yet, real pvp begins at 90.

I use the Hh80 Shinrowtinws, The 69 Calamity axe, The Hh80 stun spear and, the HH80 gold fist. Yeah call me crazy but I just like to experiment. This class us by far the best class for grinding. at 8X levels you can AoE grind and level faster than the others.

*i cropped out the images yes to make them simple*
    So you say wizards are DDs and they kill your BM and you can't kill them? well look at this
    Failrobemage.jpg

So you think a BM can't survive a gank / zerg?
    IRPTOBAIT.jpg
    Thats 4 level 90+ characters trying to kill a level 80 BM

Do you think your BM is weak against archers? you know there's something called Stun lock right?
    SwordLolStunlock.jpg

What about dealing with Clerics??
    whyLAclericssuck.jpg

nowayout.jpg

How about a level 90+ one?
    howmanytimescanyoufail.jpg
    I died eventually there but that's because i'm low level and I'm weak.

BMs are the best characters to solo multiple opponents, I was using a sword here sadly my axes were in the bank.
    punishment1.jpg
    punishment2.jpg
    punishment3.jpg

Spear is by far the best weapon a BM can use.
    whenVenosRun.jpg

Sword Bms > Axe BMs in a 1 vs 1
    notmyluckyday1.jpg

it's easy dealing with barbs too
    notmyluckyday2.jpg

even the godly geard ones.
    http://rqclan.com/forums/download/file.php?id=143

Not even a phoenix can save venos
    justaveno.jpg

the thing is, you are 66. At this level all BMs are weak. Your damage is like 1k ~ 3k which is sh*t. You need to add more strength to deal more damage. Swords are not **** neither are fists, if you learn to combine weapons and use alternative skill combos you'll realize how each weapon benefits you in it's own unique way. but if that's too complex for you, just grab an axe and go full out.

You have alter defense skills, Don't level to to 10. Keep them at level 5 for more benefits. You have tiger leaps... you have ranged skills use them to kite or avoid stuns or move out of range of a wizard's spell.

It's not easy playing this character. My BM is so noob i felt like quitting it everyday, I played an archer, veno, wizard, barb and a cleric but... after playing those characters i realised how hard it is for them to kill a BM. I came back to my BM because it's one of the best characters in the game. You have to build it the right way and you can't stick to a single weapon for ever. The special thing about a Blade master is their ability to swap weapons and be resourceful.

When you hit level 80 you'll be a bit stronger, At level 90 you have access to a wide range of some really powerful weapons. So, have some patience and play on.

Real Fun begins when you get your fairy. You'll realize one day how strong a BM really is.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • chomon
    chomon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just quit the game, you dont realize that BMs are one of the best pvpers..once you get a shietload of hp, 1k damage doesnt hurt. If you're smart, learn how to use ******n marrow. Stop bietching about the class cause you're no where near the part where BMs get good. Its probably mid game where BMs are useless. In PvP, a BM with 7k hp at 89+ is annoying. They don't even need to kill that often, just spam stun and heaven's flame and have other aoe-ers kill. They don't need a nerf imo.
  • AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I dont know how you play your BM buy mine on EN-MY server was a breeze. And FYI a vit build BM endgame with good gear has almost the same HP as a barb in human form (if he gets a barb HP buff). BM is one of the most resistent classes.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • GetPurged - Heavens Tear
    GetPurged - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    You have alter defense skills, Don't level to to 10. Keep them at level 5 for more benefits.
    You have tiger leaps... you have ranged skills use them to kite or avoid stuns or move out of range of a wizard's spell.

I agree, for some reason there is common misconceptions that are spread by non-BM users, low level BM's and BM's who have never got these skills to be able to even criticize them.

Common Misconceptions.

1. "Maxing Cloud Sprint is a waste of SP/Money!"

• Try a 100% speed apoth pot. (max run is just 90% but you will see how much faster it makes you.)
    • Max Sprint will unlock "Will of the Bodhisatva" which only requires 1 level.
    • Which can be used back to back with the Cloud sprint, 30 seconds of 90%~100% running.
    • Will of the Bod also grants immunity to stun and freeze for the duration of the spell.
    • Meaning, Cleric's sleep and arch/barb/BM Stuns wont work during that time, Making them easy prey.

2. "Tiger leap and Leap back are useless!"

• Wrong, you are melee.
    • You need to get in close to do anything.
    • Tiger leap allows you to close a 16m gap from your enemy very quickly.
    • Leap Back allows you to place an additional 16m between you and your opponent if you need to get out of their casting range.

★★ Pro Tip ★★

Try this out, or give it some thought if you don't have the Leap Skills.

• Both leaps work depending on your direction.
    • Face away from enemy and Leap back.
    • Face your enemy and Tiger Leap.
    • You have just closed in on your prey by 32m, Wizards shrink is only 25m.

All BM's should
    1. Max Sprint(and get will).
    2. Work on Maxing the leaps.
    3. Sutra is a life saver.
    4. Level 5 Physical and Magical Marrow, AND USE THEM.

Don't listen to players that don't play a BM.
    Don't listen to low level BM's who can't even get/max the skill.
    Don't listen to BM's that do not have the skills listed.
    How can they criticize the skill if they don't even have it to try?
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Guess what.. You just suck.
    I am a sword BM and have ALWAYS **** almost anybody.
    I don't even stunluck, I depend on DD and know my character and how to play!
    Just quit ******** we aren't underpowered, we just take a little bit of skill to be played well.
  • Superdead - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    this will be my final post on this thread, because I got what I wanted out of this.

I QQ'd on purpose so that people who knew what they were talking about would rageanswer. Thank you severan and purged for your detailed explanations on how BMs can be useful. It still ticks me off that it takes lvl 90 for BMs to become something useful.
    I've already got my marrows and sprints, I've already worked on both blade and pole, and will work on the others when money and SP become plentiful again.
    Call me childish but I did this so I would feel better about choosing the BM path. People like to prove others wrong instead of building up a common idea, you know? So I'll gladly take the strawman position. I'll never see any of you since my friends chose the pve server as their home, but who knows? I may feel a shift at some point.

Until then,
    thanks and apologies!
    Dead
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I took it as I saw it. The thing is BMs are good and there are high lvl BMs that made it to the top. The class is far from nerfed. Keep up the good work and youll not regret chosing a BM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just how good are BM's in pvp? There seems to be very conflicted opinions about how BM perform in pvp.

Some forum topics(some are on this forum others aren't) say that bms are easy to kill while others say that bms are good. For example:

archers: just double spark and 3 metal attacks=dead bm
    clerics: sleep+spark+tempest=dead bm
    barb: beat them till they have half hp and perdition=dead bm
    veno: just bramble and they'll suicide on you=dead bm
    wiz: seal and spark and......=dead bm

or something similar to that sometimes with a "usually easy" added

But then you'll get something like

1.bm have so much hp that with charm they are hard to kill
    2.they stunlock you so you can't even kill them
    3.they got zerk axe

I mean what the heck. So what exactly is the general consensus?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    A BM that goes 3 vit every 2 lvls with good equip engame has over 15k HP with barb buff. A vit Barb will have around 16500-17000 by that time. Archers wont be able to kill a BM until the charm tics again. Clerics may be able to kill but only it one of their skill crits and they get it right the first time. Barbs rarely take on a BM. Both cant kill eachother and BM will grief faster his charm. Wizzies have 1 chance to get it perfect or they are dead. venos with nix are a problem. Endgame BM is a freakin fortress if build right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    PS. Bramble works in duel only. Not in pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtazee
    xtazee Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Skill has nothing to do with this. I stun locked a wizard for 5 minutes straight and then it two hit killed me. I'm a pole with bleed maxed

You sir are an idiot.

Only an Axe BM can stun lock for over 30 seconds! No other build, I repeat! No other build can stun lock for more than 9 secs. You unskilled lying piece of trash, please strip your character and then uninstall.
    Wizards get to raise defense AND regen, while we must decide whether our average phys defense should be above average and sacrifice magic, or make our comical magic defense below average and reduce our phys defense to below average.

Again you prove what a inexperienced player you are.. The BM class has to adjust according to the situation unlike other classes that just spam the same 2-3 hot keys over and over again.

It's idiots like you that end up spreading BS on forums and confusing new players.

I could go on about the other absolutely nonsensical points you've made..but I've got better things to do with my time.

I've got 2 8x BMs 1 on LC and another on HL (real PvP servers, unlike where the OP is from b:chuckle) and I can safely say that we are one of the strongest PvP classes in game as long as the player behind the character is not like the OP of this thread...a failure.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

So, how much did you pay for that account? Either that or you're just amazingly slow. Still haven't pick up how to use a class by 6x.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As a BM you have to use sutra, marrows, Cloud Sprint and Will of the Bodhisatva, leaps and your stuns effectively.
    BM's are fun. My only complaint is that I need so many hotkeys! I've got my main ones, but then tabbing to the other hotkeys can be tricky at times. For example, you're in combat and think you're in row 1, but actually in row 2...ugh.

I've occasionally planned ahead for certain situations and moved my hotkeys around depending on what I'll be facing. Maybe that's my problem - messes with my memory.b:cry
  • Magicz - Dreamweaver
    Magicz - Dreamweaver Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It is very hard for a wiz like me and at my level to kill a bm in a duel, because they can stun me then easily finish me off before I get enough hits to kill them. Personally, they seem very good...
    Member of Dynasty! BTW RBorn died b:sad

ARCANE b:dirty > LIGHT b:surrender!!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Current Goal: SPAM teh_fishey!

Highest PvE Attack: 22k on FB59 Drake Boss, non-sparked, non-critted, BM dragon, Veno Amped debuffed Sandstorm, lvl 62 Attack, ARCANE FTW!!! b:dirty
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I got no problems with my BM and I'm a newb to this game and mmorpgs! I use a single sword. I've beaten clerics,wizards,venos and BMs that were my lvl or a bit higher in duels. I've soloed 90% of my quests so far. My HP is a little over 2k. It helps that I make my own armor and weapons and slot them with HP and Dex. I'm having fun so far so I can't complain.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i think you just suck at being a bm

i have no problem fighting mobs or players that are my level
    or even above
  • Xbloodragex - Lost City
    Xbloodragex - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    BM's are not weak....i lol @ you for even uttering such a statement
    bm's are very versitile and can easily adapt under circumstances that other classes cant
    so think carefully when u dis you own class, they have their strengths and weaknesses like every other class

oh btw dont spread urself out on diff masterys then ule be a crappy BM with a whole bunch of low lvl skills. Axe/Hammer BM's are the best type
    take it from a barb who knows bm's b:chuckle