AOE grinding

Options
GuardOfPeace - Sanctuary_1363839238
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Ok I am planing to AOE grind and also pvp alot when I get to a higher lvl.
So my question is should I stay wit my current build 5 str 1 dex 4 vit every 2 lvls or should I change it. I am planing to go sage at lvl 89 and im gonna cap my vit at 100 and my dex at 60 and put the rest into str and if I have more dex then I need I will add that to vit so wat do you guys think will I be any good at pvp and AOE grinding.
Main: axe Blademaster
Build:
-even lvls 3 str 1 dex 1 vit
-odd lvls 2 str 3 vit

Others:archer,venomancer,barbarian

my moto is just go wit the flow and if that dont work let your rage out with all your strength and DESTROYb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
Post edited by GuardOfPeace - Sanctuary_1363839238 on

Comments

• Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well yeah your build is okay i guess.
    But dont you think you are planning a bit ahead of yourself, you are level 23, and are planning on which path you will choose at level 89 =O
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think u have a vit point over limit. To wear the best weapon u need 6str 1dex for axes, 5str 2dex for polearms, 5str 3dex for swords every 2 lvls. Armor requirement is 5str 2dex every 2 lvls. Im going for vit build and im 3vit 5str 2dex every 2 lvls. But u do as u like.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So my question is should I stay wit my current build 5 str 1 dex 4 vit every 2 lvls or should I change it. I am planing to go sage at lvl 89 and im gonna cap my vit at 100 and my dex at 60 and put the rest into str and if I have more dex then I need I will add that to vit so wat do you guys think will I be any good at pvp and AOE grinding.

well noticed mate

• GuardOfPeace - Sanctuary_1363839238
    edited May 2009
    Options
    so should i only put 3 vit in every 2 lvls and add that extra point to str and im an axe build and so far that build was workin
    Build:
    -odd lvls 2 str 3 vit

my moto is just go wit the flow and if that dont work let your rage out with all your strength and DESTROYb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Decus - Heavens Tear
    Decus - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Aoe grinding does not require you to put a ton of points into vit. Any pvp axe build can aoe grind efficiently, not to mention u should be aoe grinding with a cleric anyhow. The way your build is going you will just have a lot of str, decent amount of vit. FYI If you cap dex, you wont be hitting anything, not mobs nor in pvp. Str should be just enough for all of your equipment, thats it. Vit u should have lower cap and rest to dex.
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    NO you are not good at AOE.. your CHARM is.. lets face it a BM without a charm tring to AOE is like a veno without its pet.. you will die..
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    FYI If you cap dex, you wont be hitting anything, not mobs nor in pvp. Str should be just enough for all of your equipment, thats it. Vit u should have lower cap and rest to dex.

That's not 100% true. I capped my dex out at 80 and I rarely miss. The only issues I ever have is with Archers in PvP, and a simple Apoth. Accuracy pot fixes that in a jiff. Stat distribution for Axe needs to meet the minimum requirements for Axe/Heavy armour usage, after that your extra points can go to any stat you wish, it just depends on your play style and what you want more of, Str for damage, Dex for burst (1% crit every 20 dex, high crit rate=high burst), or Vit for survivability.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    NO you are not good at AOE.. your CHARM is.. lets face it a BM without a charm tring to AOE is like a veno without its pet.. you will die..

LoL that is true, as i learnt yesterday xD

• KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Except the little fact that if I collect a bunch of mobs and sit there then they don't die and I don't gain any exp. Charms suck pretty bad at aoeing imo. They can't collect mobs, or kill them. BUT a charm really does help while aoeing, although not a 100% necessity. The more skilled you are at aoeing the less your charm ticks.

And you don't need a specific build to be able to aoe well. You need your str/dex high enough to use your weapon then whatever you want to do with the rest of your stat points will work. My vit is 3 base and I've never had any trouble aoeing solo.
  • Decus - Heavens Tear
    Decus - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    That's not 100% true. I capped my dex out at 80 and I rarely miss. The only issues I ever have is with Archers in PvP, and a simple Apoth. Accuracy pot fixes that in a jiff. Stat distribution for Axe needs to meet the minimum requirements for Axe/Heavy armour usage, after that your extra points can go to any stat you wish, it just depends on your play style and what you want more of, Str for damage, Dex for burst (1% crit every 20 dex, high crit rate=high burst), or Vit for survivability.

Theres zero reason u should be putting more str just for dmg. Dmg should come from your weapon and skills thats it. Vit understandable but u can get life from refining equipment. Dex should be your main priority if you want to be effective in pvp plain and simple.
  • GuardOfPeace - Sanctuary_1363839238
    edited May 2009
    Options
    so wat you are sayin is just put enough points into str to be able to use the next wep and then use the other points for dex or vit
    Build:
    -odd lvls 2 str 3 vit

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Early levels dex is more useful than str. You get enough from mastery and the 1 multiple given that str difference isn't that much.

But later on, with acc% boost rings, str is much better than dex, and deals over 25% more damage easily depending on build distribution.

Your weapon is not responsible solely for you damage, your total phys atk plus your level is multiplied by 2/3 of your str, plus your mastery (i.e. 75% is .75) + 1. So the difference becomes noticeable when everyone is hitting all the time anyways. And the 5% crit doesn't mean as much when taken over time and the fact that both builds can easily have 20% crit normal, boosted with skills to 30-50%.