Which genie will/did you get (and why...)

eleasar
eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
skills are described there:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=229421

1: What type of genie will you use?

2: What skills will you aim for. Did not look into how "expensive" the skills are but

skill 29 (really awsome for tight situations, AOEs, ...)
skill 4 (solo aeo grinding and for bosses - most important the damage reduce and dodge, attack speed not usefull for aoe skills)
skill 6 (bosses, pvp, duels, larger mobs, ...)
skill 7 (also great for solo aoe grinding, also TW if its enabled there)
skill 10 also great
skill 20 (tanking bosses and again solo aoe grinding when the mobs close in)

Would like to hear your opinions :)
Post edited by eleasar on

Comments

• Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The ice one, 'casue it's smexay.

There are loads of skills, can't decide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i just want the prettiest one...the purple fairy
    b:shocked
  • eleasar
    edited May 2009
    So all just decide on the look - skills unimportant? b:chuckle
  • Exavior - Dreamweaver
    Exavior - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    are the genies something you need with a credit card, something you buy, or something you earn? And, what is so special about them?
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm going to wait a week or so and read all the comments on how effective some skills really are, which ones are junk, and let everyone else make mistakes before I do a single thing.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm going to get the prettiest one xD
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm going to wait a week or so and read all the comments on how effective some skills really are, which ones are junk, and let everyone else make mistakes before I do a single thing.

I sense that a lot of people are thinking this, but I'm not sure if it's happening in a week. It's not a bad idea to throw yourself into building your own, unless you intend on having a level XX genie with no skills.

Not sure if a guide exists from other versions though, so you may not even have to wait.

As for my own BM, I'm looking at skills 5, 20, 21, and 26 among others.
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I sense that a lot of people are thinking this, but I'm not sure if it's happening in a week. It's not a bad idea to throw yourself into building your own, unless you intend on having a level XX genie with no skills.

Not sure if a guide exists from other versions though, so you may not even have to wait.

As for my own BM, I'm looking at skills 5, 20, 21, and 26 among others.

I meant a week or so after genies are released. There should be some decent input on which skills take how much mana/chi/spirit/whatever to cast, which of the skills are more effective, ect...

Everyone thinks they'll be able to pick all the skills and spam them as often as they like when we don't even know that much yet. And a description of how and what the skill does means little when it comes down to actually USING the skill and seeing how effective it is.

Tiger Maw and Blood Draw both sound nice. Bet you have them maxxed? lol
  • Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear
    Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    are the genies something you need with a credit card, something you buy, or something you earn? And, what is so special about them?

I read we will be getting one for free after completing some missions...though I kinda suspect boutique items for better performance of the genies
  • Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear
    Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I meant a week or so after genies are released. There should be some decent input on which skills take how much mana/chi/spirit/whatever to cast, which of the skills are more effective, ect...

Everyone thinks they'll be able to pick all the skills and spam them as often as they like when we don't even know that much yet. And a description of how and what the skill does means little when it comes down to actually USING the skill and seeing how effective it is.

Tiger Maw and Blood Draw both sound nice. Bet you have them maxxed? lol

I read somewhere that we'll be entitled to 3-4 genies each,so I think it'll be ok if u just grow one the way u want-u'll get ahead of the others too if ur choice of skills turns out to be successful XD
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well you can have as many genies as you want, that I know. However it takes (1) lots of spirit and exp from your own character to level and build one, (2) a lot of luck to get the perfect genie with random stats that everyone wants, and (3) a lot of money and time to build one to perfection, not to mention that they take perfect stones to power. Furthermore you only get 3 skills to start (8 eventually). This is why I am doubtful that there will be credible information within only a week or two of their release.

I do have draw blood maxed (spear warrior) o_o
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wel as much as i know ur genie wil be visible only to u until a certain lvl(lvl of the genie) so i wil preety much have any of em just if the skills are usefull b:laugh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009

No you don't need credit card and you won't have to buy.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No you don't need credit card and you won't have to buy.

actualy yes u wil have to buy 3 mirage celestones for a genie (exept the first 1 u get it for free)

and there wil be some sort of xp stones at least thats what i heard
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    actualy yes u wil have to buy 3 mirage celestones for a genie (exept the first 1 u get it for free)

and there wil be some sort of xp stones at least thats what i heard

Plus perfect stones will be needed
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Either ice one to go with my overall white-blue theme for my char (future fashion/future mount/future flying mount/future lvl 89 white fairy) or the purple one cuz it has complete arms and legs (the other genies lack legs, arms, or have incomplete arms and legs).b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • eleasar
    edited May 2009
    ok - so now that they have been out for a good amount of time - which one do you >>use<<

Which stats and what skills do you >>use<<

- For TW
    - For Godless Valley
    - For AOE Grinding