im level 4 now!! any quick level up tips?

aundrea2010
aundrea2010 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
So ive been playing for a few hrs and im now a lvl 4 archer. Ive been using any armor or wepons i find on the ground and npcing furs for arrows. Im still so poor because i dont know what to keep for a private shop and what to sell to npc. anyone have any tips for leveling and what is rare that i should keep for shop. well ty.
Post edited by aundrea2010 on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It would of been best to post this in Archer forum just get the quest and look and see what you need to keep and then sell the rest.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well as for being poor all I can say is pick up everything and then sell what u dont need to NPC's. For leveling kill mobs as much as you can, but quests will give you the most EXP. So do as many as you can. Also have a look at this. Its a PW made guide to all you quests up until lvl19 Quest Guide
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    quests should level you up to 40 no problem
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Do quests until 40+ then you will have to grind a bit
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Foxybeast - Dreamweaver
    Foxybeast - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your attitute towards the money will change soon. When I started, I leveled so fast and had to buy new equip after the levelups and I thought: "OMG, I am leveling so fast and have no money!". But this changed when I reached around level 10. Then I had around 30k gold which was enough. A few tips:

- Sell everything you do not need
    - do the quests, ONLY THE QUESTS
    - with a quest chain you get your first complete equip with level 2. DO IT!
    - with level 5 you get your crafting skills. Harvest everything except the herbs and sell it.
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and another thought on the money...

You're level four. you're killing monsters that barely scratch the skin on your headlices nits. You don't seriously expect to be collecting millions in rewards and drop loot, are you?

rewards are small but you don't need to fork out that much for gear either.

-collect all
    -sell almost all
    -definitely don't keep excess armour just because it makes you look different.
    -get a Pickaxe from the Merchant (2000 coin) and start harvesting materials
    -manufacture your own gear. no need to buy it anymore.
    -sell possible excess materials on for a good price if you want, but get a feel for the value by checking player stalls.

You'll make money soon enough.
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    SOLO all of your quests. Do not squad up with a bunch of noobs so you can get your missions done fast. You want to maximize your XP from each quest. Do not seek help unless you absolutely need it. You will level much faster. Trust me.
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just quest until 40, I started a alt character and got to 30 in a week playing 3-5 hours a day
    edited May 2009
    why is this guy all panicking if hes only level 4 thats kinda stupid :|
    edited May 2009
    Exactly my thought!

• Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Maybe he feels that it will be like that for the rest of the game. Also if its the first time hes playing PWI then the info is a good thing anyway. (even though we have a newbies section he could of checked)
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
    edited May 2009
    Maybe he feels that it will be like that for the rest of the game. Also if its the first time hes playing PWI then the info is a good thing anyway. (even though we have a newbies section he could of checked)

yeah i guess you are right, i was fortunate when i started PWI, as i had a very close friend who told me what i should and shouldnt do

• Foxybeast - Dreamweaver
    Foxybeast - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, let's see if he/she gets enough money. Be optimisticb:laugh
  • Asdleree - Heavens Tear
    Asdleree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Dont sell your stones or shards, bank them as they are worth a lot more later on, also quest efficiently by gathering them all up and then working your way through them, you will level a lot faster this way over doing 1 quest then returning to town to hand it in,

loads of other useful tips and advice can be found in the beginners forums
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    for lv1-20 I'm beginning to learn a little ^^ Just started myself recently.

-Pick up everything. Especially coin, it really adds up. Hotkey the "pick up" action. If another player leaves coin/items and runs off, claim it. I've probably made 50k+ off stuff people left behind.
    -As soon as you can, dig up herbs and mats. Herbs seem worthless, but a lv1 apothecary can make life powders and other such items which are worth more.
    -Browse player shops before you NPC a full inventory. Some people buy mats and herbs. Logs for example, I always seem to find someone buying at 700-1k, much better than 120 npc'd. Herbs too, nectar always sells well.
    -Keep anything rare. Celestones and revive scrolls and stuff you get in quests. Learn the prices and sell in a player shop later. Too much to hold? Talk to the banker and keep it in the safe till later.
    edited May 2009
    Also make sure you farm all of the mats/herbs you can get! and then sell them to me xD

• AUNDREAnight - Heavens Tear
    AUNDREAnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ok. so im level 14 now. Im finding it very hard to keep getting exp from these quest when i cant kill a lvl 14 monster. They just hit me too hard and im trying to stay on that archer build from the guild, which is low str and the rest dex. So my armor kinda sugs with like 19 str. Im about to say just forget the quest and go grind.
    edited May 2009
    if they get close to you, wear fists or lower level swords. punch them to death, seriously. all low level archers do it until ~50+ when their skills start to get more useful.

archers are a pain in the **** until then
  • AUNDREAnight - Heavens Tear
    AUNDREAnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Maybe i should make a Venomancer then?
    edited May 2009
    stick with archer, it gets better, if its not your cup of tea, try cleric.
  • Minyo - Dreamweaver
    Minyo - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Maybe i should make a Venomancer then?

Make sure to check out the Archer Forum. As you've realized, Archers just plain suck at the early levels. We're squishy, we don't have knockback (once you do it's a bit easier to level), and it's just too easy to die. Things start to get better, but you don't really notice it until 50+ (more 60+ really). It's something you just have to stick with and realize or else try a new class.
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why is this guy all panicking if hes only level 4 thats kinda stupid :|

People always do though. They haven't even started the game and already want to know more than they'll need to know for the first 30 level. By that time you should be able to help yourself, but some people just want to know eariler.
    edited May 2009
    Make sure to check out the Archer Forum. As you've realized, Archers just plain suck at the early levels. We're squishy, we don't have knockback (once you do it's a bit easier to level), and it's just too easy to die. Things start to get better, but you don't really notice it until 50+ (more 60+ really). It's something you just have to stick with and realize or else try a new class.

thats the reason i quit my archer!

• nocturnalbastard
    edited May 2009
    ok. so im level 14 now. Im finding it very hard to keep getting exp from these quest when i cant kill a lvl 14 monster. They just hit me too hard and im trying to stay on that archer build from the guild, which is low str and the rest dex. So my armor kinda sugs with like 19 str. Im about to say just forget the quest and go grind.

Just read the Archer guide and follow what it says. Buy lots of pots. Archer is pretty easy to level up if you've played any other character.

Take Aim> Frost Arrow > Lightning > knockback

Don't buy skills that are worthless, read the guide. (I like Take Aim, cause if you wait it will do additional damage... while it's not all that much, as a lowbie it's a nice first shot.
  • nocturnalbastard
    edited May 2009

Wow... my archer has kicked **** from the beginning. There are only a few mobs/quests that ever gave me any problems, but gettting to lvl 30 was a breeze.
  • Minyo - Dreamweaver
    Minyo - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wow... my archer has kicked **** from the beginning. There are only a few mobs/quests that ever gave me any problems, but gettting to lvl 30 was a breeze.

Part of it is just learning how to play and that took me awhile (then again it was my first character...) b:chuckle
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You're worried about levelling fast at lvl 4? b:shocked
    I like pie
  • Inxii - Heavens Tear
    Inxii - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You're only level 4, don't worry. b:chuckle Quests alone will breeze you up until at least 40-44 when the grind kicks in.
    And don't worry about starting private shops at that level, either - it's more worth it to sell unneeded drops to NPCs for quick cash rather than to sit and wait for people to buy things.