All Class Pet for Archer

Elfaria - Dreamweaver
Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
So, a lot of people recommended that I buy an all Class pet.
Is it really necessary?
Right now, I can kill anything before it gets to me so no problem.

What is the benefits?
Do they give buffs/healing?

And if yes I should get one, then which is best?

Also, any info if we can equip and all class pet with a Genie?
Post edited by Elfaria - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear
    Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    to the best of my knowledge, all class pets are just eye candy and do not battle/buff or w/e... I've read they're important though -the bigger and fluffier the better- in pvp so that the others can't target u easily (click on u)
    but again that's what I've heard ^^ hope it helped....^_^;
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    Annondae - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So, a lot of people recommended that I buy an all Class pet.
    Is it really necessary?
    Right now, I can kill anything before it gets to me so no problem.

What is the benefits?
    Do they give buffs/healing?

And if yes I should get one, then which is best?

Also, any info if we can equip and all class pet with a Genie?

Necessary - no.
    Benefits - not counting the "hide under/in pet" factor, none.
    Buffs/Healing - no.

Actual Benefit: you don't have to feed All Class Pets. They hatch with a full HP/Loyalty bar, and even if you're being chewed on by a gazillion mobs, nothing will happen to your pet. As far as I know, and have experienced, it cannot die.

As Dragoniaseh above me said, they just look cute. For an archer, or any character that flies around a lot - depends on play style, I guess - I'd recommend a flying all class pet. My Cleric has a Baby Fire Fairy that I'm really in love with; it's cute, it purrs, and you get some newbies asking how the heck a non-Veno class can have a pet.

That said, since the All Class Pets do esssentially NOTHING, they can get in the way sometimes. They stick very close to you, and I found that flying around on my Cleric, if I'm not using auto-path, ends up with me staring at the BFF's butt a lot of the time. This can be annoying if you play the game zoomed close in to your character.

Since I'm on a PVE server, I'm really glad I ended up getting the Fairy, too, because it's relatively small - I don't need a pet to hide under from other players, and I think that by now, anything bigger than the BFF would've started to seriously annoy me. The only one that's even smaller is the Frogling, afaik.

This website here has pictures of all the All Class Pets. Alternatively, go visit Mrs. Zoologist in Archosaur, she has pets all around her ( attack them if you want a nice surprise :P ).
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ah, thanks a lot you guys.
    Now I realize why they're so much in TW. b:chuckle

I appreciate the info.
    Thanks again.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The Archer would of been the best if was able to use an attack pet as they can pull the best with thier bow.This would give them the ablity to us an attacking pet aswell as make the class more attractive to play.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    The Archer would of been the best if was able to use an attack pet as they can pull the best with thier bow.This would give them the ablity to us an attacking pet aswell as make the class more attractive to play.

Eh, then they'd be a veno with wings, just with arrows instead of magic attacks. O.o
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Necessary - no.
    Benefits - not counting the "hide under/in pet" factor, none.
    Buffs/Healing - no.

Actual Benefit: you don't have to feed All Class Pets. They hatch with a full HP/Loyalty bar, and even if you're being chewed on by a gazillion mobs, nothing will happen to your pet. As far as I know, and have experienced, it cannot die.

As Dragoniaseh above me said, they just look cute. For an archer, or any character that flies around a lot - depends on play style, I guess - I'd recommend a flying all class pet. My Cleric has a Baby Fire Fairy that I'm really in love with; it's cute, it purrs, and you get some newbies asking how the heck a non-Veno class can have a pet.

That said, since the All Class Pets do esssentially NOTHING, they can get in the way sometimes. They stick very close to you, and I found that flying around on my Cleric, if I'm not using auto-path, ends up with me staring at the BFF's butt a lot of the time. This can be annoying if you play the game zoomed close in to your character.

Since I'm on a PVE server, I'm really glad I ended up getting the Fairy, too, because it's relatively small - I don't need a pet to hide under from other players, and I think that by now, anything bigger than the BFF would've started to seriously annoy me. The only one that's even smaller is the Frogling, afaik.

This website here has pictures of all the All Class Pets. Alternatively, go visit Mrs. Zoologist in Archosaur, she has pets all around her ( attack them if you want a nice surprise :P ).

whats a baby fiery fairy and how do I get one?
  • AzureAshura - Harshlands
    AzureAshura - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As the ppl above me stated and as you will see in the Territorial Wars videos players often let out Elysium Fowl birds to make it harder for other ppl to click on them. Its quite useful if ur a runny-jumpy class like archer and BM.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Poleblade mastery at its finest. (coming soon)b:pleased
    -Lord AzureAshura of the Frozenlands of North and keeper of the Ancient Warriors Mausolem. ("Blue ghost dude" for shortb:laugh)
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    whats a baby fiery fairy and how do I get one?

Click on the website link in my post, and scroll down. The round, orange thing with the big mouth, that's a Baby Fire Fairy. Unless you have a veno friend who's high enough in level to make one for you, try catshops or, better, the Auction House. If memory serves right, you'll find them under Pets/Eggs --> Baby Pets. Buy the egg, take it to a Pet Manager, hatch it, tada.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Eh, then they'd be a veno with wings, just with arrows instead of magic attacks. O.o

I don't see why not only certian pets though and no to herc and the pheinox(sp).
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I don't see why not only certian pets though and no to herc and the pheinox(sp).

Well, go make a petition in the Suggestions forum. I'm not against the idea - at the very least, people would whine about another class being overpowered, instead of just the venos. XD
  • Masodaf - Sanctuary
    Masodaf - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, go make a petition in the Suggestions forum. I'm not against the idea - at the very least, people would whine about another class being overpowered, instead of just the venos. XD

W00T yeah, lets make archers over powered xD b:chuckle
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why not give archers like a pet falcon or eagle ;P. idk sounds fun to me >_> my former MMO gave my archer/hunter/sniper a pet faclon :\
  • Limshutian - Sanctuary
    Limshutian - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    to make archers op....give us atk rate buff >,<