Those stupid random pigments....

Options
Keliahar - Sanctuary
Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
I'm going to try not to sound rude but this is getting ridiculous. Who decided adding random pigments to the hot colors pack was a good idea? Because I would love to have some words with them let me tell you!

Isn't there a way you guys could take them out of the pack or at least make the chance you'll get them significantly less?

I just bought six hot color packs and got 5 random pigments and 1 aquamarine. Not one, not two, but FIVE random pigments? There has to be a line somewhere surely. b:cry
Post edited by Keliahar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Archwind - Dreamweaver
    Archwind - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I agree!!!! b:cry
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    While I don't generally bother with fashion, I do think that random pigments should be completely removed from the color packs. You can already buy random pigments by themselves, I think it's a safe bet that if people are buying color packs then they want actual colors.

*Edit*
    Probably won't happen, though. People will still buy them, and the more random it is the more people will HAVE to buy to get what they want.
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ... I'm about ready to stop buying pigments from the cash shop period.

Of the last 12+ hot packs I've bought only 3-4 of them have been actual dyes, the rest have all been random pigments.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Seconded, there's no reason for them not to change this. None. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ya i only buy random now... its actually easier than you think to random dye until something is black b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ya i only buy random now... its actually easier than you think to random dye until something is black b:victory

Too bad not everyone wants black.b:bye

Most of the female fashion look kinda meh in black on my computer. Especially the vixen.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    That's because solid black is all R0/G0/B0, all the time. XD It doesn't even look real. If you want an actual realistic look with some shine on it, you need to get a randomized, near-black color. :P

Buuuut tell that to the suckers paying 500k per black pigment. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If I was still trying to put together an outfit, I wouldn't even bother with pigments. (On Sanctuary at least) there are always tons of people selling clothes from the cash shop ... in the auction house and in their cat shops. Decide what you want and keep a patient eye open. You can get a completely matching outfit for a reasonable price if you are not in a complete hurry.

Also, if you see something you want in a cat shop for several days or even a week or longer, just leave them a message, offering a lower price. I have done this a few times with favorable results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sanctuary's economy seems to be really bugged up right now and I'm not even sure as to why any more.

Between the prices for items and the way gold has been fluctuating it's crazy really.

I had heard selling pigments was a good way to earn coin on the side and since I was after dye colors I figured hey, two bird with one stone right? Well it worked fine for a while and then seemingly the dye market practically crashed so... back to about where I started now. Largely because I spent so much on what ended up being random pigments + getting an outfit together for my veno. Oh well.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I agree, there's no reason why the random colors are even in the hot colors pack, you can already buy them seperately and the sell in a catshop for so much less than an actual pigment, so you have even a harder time of selling the pigment you have in order to buy the one you want.