Herc vs Bosses

Options
slimmaster
slimmaster Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
I was wondering what lvl a herc has to be to take on bosses.
I am mainly talking about quest bosses but also TT ones.
A list of all the quest bosses and the herc lvl needed would be nice. Im looking to help out my fellow faction people.

Thanks
Post edited by slimmaster on

Comments

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    slimmaster wrote: »
    A list of all the quest bosses and the herc lvl needed would be nice. Im looking to help out my fellow faction people.

Thanks

It's not dependant on the Herc's level really...it's your level. Herc will always ( or should be ) your level. Then it depends on how high your pet heal is. There are certain Bosses that are impossible ( at 80th at least ) even with a second Veno helping to heal.

All that to say it's very subjective.

A better question to ask is when can a Veno solo the TT's, which ones, and at about what level. That will give you a better idea of what is possible.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    slimmaster wrote: »

Thanks

Just a list of what I can remember.

@70
    You can do all quest bosses expected eyes and kong.
    you can tank all bosses in TT1-1

@75
    you can tank kong.
    you can tank 3 of 5 bosses in TT1-2

@80
    you can tank all bosses in TT1-2, 3 of 5 in TT1-3 and 4 of 5 in TT2-1

@85

you can tank 4 of 6 in TT2-2

I think you may need to wait until 90+ to tank drum in 1-3 and Ape in 2-2. I do not know if wurlord in 2-2/2-3 and ape in 2-3 can ever be tanked by a herc.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Herc is pretty monstrous even in low levels too, I has pics of him doing quillhog @ 40, and silverfrost @ 68. O: Just make sure you know your limitations lol... i wanna get mine to tank a wb sometime -.-;
  • slimmaster
    slimmaster Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies i tested quillhog yesterday and the herc did well eventhough i dont have lvl 63 heal yet and he was 56.
    I think when i get lvl 63 and the herc is 60 i will go test some more.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    At least one boss in FB it is unable to tank at 94 : Cennequus (FB69)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    swgs wrote: »

@70

@75
    you can tank kong.

@80

@85

I think you may need to wait until 90+ to tank drum in 1-3 and Ape in 2-2. I do not know if wurlord in 2-2/2-3 and ape in 2-3 can ever be tanked by a herc.

I've seen ape in 2-3 done by an 8x herc, you need 2 other venos there with maxed purge who know what they're doing.

Wurlord is pretty much not doable by a herc, you can do it with 3 venos if their heal timing is perfect, but if it gets one-shot you're in trouble.

Pretty much all of 3-1 is cake, though you need DD help for one boss.

BTW, found out yesterday mantavip is easy with a herc, who woulda known.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temptress_Fi - Heavens Tear
    Temptress_Fi - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wow how do you do mantavip?
  • swgs
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've seen ape in 2-3 done by an 8x herc, you need 2 other venos there with maxed purge who know what they're doing.

Wurlord is pretty much not doable by a herc, you can do it with 3 venos if their heal timing is perfect, but if it gets one-shot you're in trouble.

Pretty much all of 3-1 is cake, though you need DD help for one boss.

BTW, found out yesterday mantavip is easy with a herc, who woulda known.

I want to know how to do mantivip please.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wow how do you do mantavip?

Lure him to one of the islands, the herc can stand on shore and tank him.

Cosmo 2-2 is able to be solo healed at 83 I have recently discovered. There's probably a decent amount of luck in not getting back to back max hits, but with a bit of -% channeling from gear and RB you can heal between every swing and keep him up.
  • Sacred - Harshlands
    Sacred - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Any tips on how to lure him? And is any island preferable? He loses aggro so easily when lured. Might ask one of the venos in my guild for help.
  • swgs
    edited May 2009
    Options

Cosmo 2-2 is able to be solo healed at 83 I have recently discovered. There's probably a decent amount of luck in not getting back to back max hits, but with a bit of -% channeling from gear and RB you can heal between every swing and keep him up.

Yes cosmo is 2-2 can be tanked by a herc, but at least at my level, I still can not solo him. I have -15% channeling gears, comso killed my herc twice even I have another level 81 (LA) veno help me heal the pet when I was at level 84. But a level 84 herc with 3 venos should do it. I guess you were really lucky.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes cosmo is 2-2 can be tanked by a herc, but at least at my level, I still can not solo him. I have -15% channeling gears, comso killed my herc twice even I have another level 81 (LA) veno help me heal the pet when I was at level 84. But a level 84 herc with 3 venos should do it. I guess you were really lucky.
    The problem with having 2 venos healing on very tough bosses is that unless you have the same channeling and network lag, the timing of your heals will eventually synchronize. When that happens, both your heals land simultaneously (probably wasting one), then the boss gets 2 free hits in before either of your next heals finish. This can also happen with 3 venos healing, but is rarer (I'd explain it more, but it gets into all sorts of math about rational and irrational numbers).

If you're good, you can watch for this starting to happen and manually insert a small pause in your heals to prevent it. The goal is for both of you to alternate heals - so one veno's heal lands right in the middle of the other veno's cast. The single veno with lots of channeling is easier because once you get enough channeling, you can just hold down the heal button. No need to pay attention to what's going on.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My herc has tanked cosmo in 2-2. We had no barb so I tanked the entire run. Much of the time I was just using my fox debuffs like amp and purge while another veno spammed pet heal, I just needed to toss in a few heals from time to time.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My herc has tanked cosmo in 2-2. We had no barb so I tanked the entire run. Much of the time I was just using my fox debuffs like amp and purge while another veno spammed pet heal, I just needed to toss in a few heals from time to time.
    Not sure if this was intentional, but tactically this is probably the better way to spam-heal a pet if you have 2+ venos.

If the veno who owns the pet spam heals it, and starts falling behind on heals, she has to tell the other veno that she needs help healing.

If the veno who owns the pet is attacking while the other veno is spam healing, the owner can constantly monitor the pet's hp status and toss in an extra heal as needed. No need to even change target from the mob.
  • Duchess - Dreamweaver
    Duchess - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lure him to one of the islands, the herc can stand on shore and tank him. QUOTE]

What lvl should the Herc/veno be to try this & be sucessful b:question?
    "I'm bi-curious! And even that's okay, becase if I'm bi-curious and I'm somehow made from God, then I figure God might be a little bi-curious himself!" Words of wisdom from South Park. Letting everyone know its okay to be 'A Little Bi-Curious' b:mischievous

=^.^=ɷ I'm a lucky cat b:cute
  • swgs
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The problem with having 2 venos healing on very tough bosses is that unless you have the same channeling and network lag, the timing of your heals will eventually synchronize. When that happens, both your heals land simultaneously (probably wasting one), then the boss gets 2 free hits in before either of your next heals finish. This can also happen with 3 venos healing, but is rarer (I'd explain it more, but it gets into all sorts of math about rational and irrational numbers).

If you're good, you can watch for this starting to happen and manually insert a small pause in your heals to prevent it. The goal is for both of you to alternate heals - so one veno's heal lands right in the middle of the other veno's cast. The single veno with lots of channeling is easier because once you get enough channeling, you can just hold down the heal button. No need to pay attention to what's going on.

It is difficult you adjust timing because of graphical lag and network lag. animation dose not usually sync with the heal applied to the pet. so there is no guarantee the adjustment will work, I personally think it is best to have two venos with a big channeling gap to heal pet, like 1 veno with -30% another veno with no channeling. but no mater what there still a chance heal from both venos will land on pet together.
  • Baritomaris - Sanctuary
    Baritomaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

@70

@75
    you can tank kong.

@80

@85

This list is pretty good. But I'd like to add that at level 70, I had no trouble tanking all of the bosses in TT1-2 except Soul and Drummer.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh btw i was about to do all of TT 1-1 including the drummer at lvl 64 with the help of a lvl 58 veno

Can someone plz explain to me how you can do mantavip? i tried the other day at 2 different islands with no luck he just doesnt get close enough.
  • Veekee88 - Sanctuary
    Veekee88 - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    all i know is that my brother was tanking DoD another day after i killed mantavip for him
    we lured DoD on island and herc got him easly
    and he was lvl 60 onlyb:victory
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ill go record it for you kiddies
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yeah if you would that would be great :) and maybe DoD if you could plz