cant update client !!!

samurii
samurii Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
when i update the client like half way pop out comes up and it says " file download appear errow"
WHAT SHOULD I DO ???b:shocked
Post edited by samurii on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Try updating using the manual patch.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• samurii
    edited May 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    Try updating using the manual patch.
    which patch i need ???? because iam sitting on my pc for 3 hours trying to get this game updated.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The one corresponding to your gameclient?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samurii
    edited May 2009
    The one corresponding to your gameclient?
    how do i know which is my client???
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Should tell you on the launcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samurii
    edited May 2009
    Should tell you on the launcher.
    luncher is the window were u update ur client ???
  • Faeia - Dreamweaver
    Faeia - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    correct. But I have this same problem and the manual patch isn't working either. I even tried reinstalling the game, to no avail. It gets stuck updating "console_cmd.txt" so I might copy that file from my fully patched version on another computer and see if that works. In the meantime, I'm open to other suggestions...

edit: the error I get with the manual update is "update server connection failed" which seems odd as one would assume that with the manual update, no server connection would be necessary.
  • ladydeuchar
    ladydeuchar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    HI
    Im trying ot sign in this morning and I did then I lost all my icons in the game so I was unable to fly or kill etc..I was in the middle of speaking to my friend who is no longer going to be Playing so I am extremely angry as this was our way of communicating and now she is gone and PW have ruined it. I am trying to click on update and nothing happens as this is where my start key would be. This for PW seem to be going from bad tro worst with lag issues and lost of funtion keys to not even being able to get in and play the game. I have sent a ticket via email and with no response. I would like this to be a priority as I have spent alot of money on this game over the months and do not expect this on a game especially not being able to even get in and play.
    I would like this sorted or compensation for this inconvenience
    LadyCann
  • ladydeuchar
    ladydeuchar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi
    I am extremely angry that I am unable to sign into this game. I have spent alot of money on Gold and now I have had to just leave the game as all my icons to sign out or fly or kill just disappeared. I now cannot sign back in as its asking me to update (where the start button should be) and I cant even update the game. Please sort this out as soon as possible as I was in the middle of an extremely important conversation with a friend whos leaving the game and now she probably has gone and thanks to PW I wont be able to speak to her again.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Try the Verify button on the patcher. This will take several minutes but should fix the issue with your icons.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• deviane
    deviane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    samurii wrote: »
    when i update the client like half way pop out comes up and it says " file download appear errow"
    WHAT SHOULD I DO ???b:shocked

have the same problem and the manual patches dont work
  • AtsWarrior - Lost City
    AtsWarrior - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    deviane wrote: »
    have the same problem and the manual patches dont work

You must download the chinese language pack:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DEB6731A-CA36-47A3-B4A0-2A1D19EEFA05&displaylang=en
  • Faeia - Dreamweaver
    Faeia - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009

That worked! Thanks a bunch b:thanks
  • deviane
    deviane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009

didnt work looks like u need IME before even think of installing the chinese pack

when i do that the language worked and the manual patch well is working now... maybe the admins should add the IME too that way the ones that cant make the manual patch work may have the same problem as me...

im on Vista ultimate....damn this is complicated...i remmeber the good old days of XP
  • felgear
    felgear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    deviane wrote: »
    didnt work looks like u need IME before even think of installing the chinese pack

when i do that the language worked and the manual patch well is working now... maybe the admins should add the IME too that way the ones that cant make the manual patch work may have the same problem as me...

im on Vista ultimate....damn this is complicated...i remmeber the good old days of XP

i got also ultimate, and i have looked for IME but couldn't find it. can you place here a link for the IME update.
This discussion has been closed.