General Summer's Longbow

Artemys - Dreamweaver
Artemys - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Archer
As you can see, I'm currently a level 48 Archer on Dreamweaver. I've checked into current market prices for the Perfect Iron Hammer it takes to open the level 50 Supply Box for the General Summer's Longbow (GSL):

430-797 physical attack
+has chance to decrease target's physical defense per hit
Requires:
STR 29
DEX 152

At the moment, the average asking price is about 700k coin. At 5 gold, that's an exchange rate of 140k coin per gold.

My questions, then, are:
Does this seem like a reasonable price for the GSL?
Would it be better to wait a bit to see if market prices drop? If so, what price should I wait for to make a purchase?
Will it last me to TT60 or will I need to find another weapon in between?

Thanks for the input! b:pleased
Post edited by Artemys - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Honestly, I've gone from 42 to 55 with Sinister Shooter, and that Lv50 bow seems equal at least. I think Sinister Shooter has dipped in price because of this. It is totally your choice... but the hammer will pay off the most in the short and long run.

What weapon inbetween can there be? The only thing inbetween to even look at is The Penetrator (Lv53), and that is way, WAY overpriced for what it is.

Edit: Ok, I have the GSL, it is better than Sinister Shooter lol.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Remember that in buying the key, you not only get the GSL, but you also get the Lv55, 60, 65, 70 and 75 boxes unlocked, and the opportunity to pay to unlock the Lv 80 box.

I would say yes, definately worth it.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You will be opening it anyways for all of the goodies later on. In that case, you might as well open it now while the bow is still useful for you.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    that bow is pretty crazy much better than a sinister shooter and probably a tt60 as well. Too bad u cant refine it
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    take it from me, i've been using it at level 56 and it ****. Well worth it for 10 levels of use. hell i'm just using it for 4 levels and i think its worth it.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Artemys - Dreamweaver
    Artemys - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Seems to be a pretty universal consensus on this. I hadn't even considered the opportunity cost of Supply Boxes 55-75. When you think of it like that, it's an obvious bargain. Glad to hear it lives up to the hype.

Anyone that already has it mind posting a jpeg or something to show it off? I don't think I've actually seen one in game yet. b:thanks
  • Minyo - Dreamweaver
    Minyo - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You probably have seen it and didn't know. It looks exactly like the Bow of Goddess b:chuckle

I'd also ask around for the Perfect Hammer. I ended up get a great deal of 550k (much better than 700k...) Certainly worth it especially since Sinister Shooter isn't cheap on Dreamweaver although I've never tried the Sinister so I don't know how it compares to that.
  • Mythril - Dreamweaver
    Mythril - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    damn, im sold, i was considering getting the hammer anyway...
  • Missvenom - Heavens Tear
    Missvenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    can anyone show me an image of it i can't find one on the internet
  • Minyo - Dreamweaver
    Minyo - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    can anyone show me an image of it i can't find one on the internet

Go to Ecatomb's site and look at the VioletFalcon Bow. It looks exactly like that. Or, as I said earlier, if you've seen the Bow of Goddess, it looks just like that one too. It doesn't glow or look any different b:sad
  • gildorn
    gildorn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I saw already two threads ppl questioning about stats on other General Summer's weapons from Stash Supply Box. I was looking for them too cuz I wasn't sure if I want spend 5 golds to open it. I'm a cleric so my choose was obvious. So I took a risk and I was like... WOW!

magicsword1f.jpg

It's strong, it's beautiful, get it! Nothing else to add ;-)

magicsword2.th.jpg

Someone asked if it has +1 attack level, yes that's true.
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    why GSL doesn't glow??
    it's not fair, magic sword glow...
    b:angryb:cry
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Not even the crickets are chriping
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Not even the crickets are chriping

b:surrender
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender
    please dont bump old theads to state something meaningless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • gabrielgrey
    gabrielgrey Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Due to where I put stats early on I won't be able to use the bow until level 59 when my dex /agility reaches the requirement (barring some sort of stat enhancement from some other piece of equipment). With that in mind is it still worth it?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Due to where I put stats early on I won't be able to use the bow until level 59 when my dex /agility reaches the requirement (barring some sort of stat enhancement from some other piece of equipment). With that in mind is it still worth it?

I hasn't been worth it since late 2009 due to the price of the hammer itself. Also, necro.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    please dont bump old theads to state something meaningless

Good point.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    laloner wrote: »
    Good point.

Plus they are now timed