Gah, Etherblade Leap quest

Options
wolfeh
wolfeh Posts: 35 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well, my character is a wizard and is doing the leap quest, but I can't find the box ANYWHERE. I checked the east gate and did find one, but couldn't open it, so I doubt its that one.

If it is, why can't I open it? And if not, where in the heck is it? >_< I checked all the gates when I had failed the quest, and still only the east gate had a box, but again I couldn't open it. BUT I also tried opening it when the quest was active, and nothing. Oh and I didn't check the second east gate, cause I found it near impossible to get to =_= I could only get to the first by jumping on a sign type thing, and then onto the gate.

Help plx? ;-;

~~Edit~~

By the way, what I mean by "I couldn't open it" is theres no icon that says I can open it, just the standard arrow, no pickaxe icon, nothing.
Post edited by wolfeh on

Comments

• wolfeh
    wolfeh Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Nevermind, found the right box. I was just looking for a "Box" not a "Chest of trial" lol =x For those who wanna know, its at the south gate, up on a bridge.... now I gotta figure out how to get to it =_=
  • mactepok
    mactepok Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Just ask a winged elf to fly you to the bridge and you'll get it :) Make sure the elf is opposite sex or it won't work... (You can only embrace and carry people of opposite sexes).
  • monarch
    monarch Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    if your inside the city, facing the south gate, double jump up onto the rocks and onto the roof of the lower portion of the gate. Double jump again up to the left and you'll see a little round area of mountain that you can stand on. Run off from here and double jump (space your jumps for maximum length) and you can get onto the roof at the top. Go to the edge, jump, and fall past the roof then jump again into the middle area where the box is.

The human jump quest is the hardest I hear.
  • jam3sj
    jam3sj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ive never figured out why everyone thinks its so hard.... if you've played any adventure game for a console it should be that difficult you just have to time your jumps....
  • poison
    poison Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Aside from the rocks you can also jump to the building in front of the bridge, stand on the top of the highest point, walk slowly forward till you are in the air, aim for the corner of the bridge and jump forward, jumping again half-way across. Either way works, but if you can't figure it out from the rocks, give the building a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dantex
    dantex Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    jam3sj wrote: »
    Ive never figured out why everyone thinks its so hard.... if you've played any adventure game for a console it should be that difficult you just have to time your jumps....
    In fact, it's very easy to me. It should be easy for anybody who has ever played a platformer in their life.
    mactepok wrote: »
    Just ask a winged elf to fly you to the bridge and you'll get it :) Make sure the elf is opposite sex or it won't work... (You can only embrace and carry people of opposite sexes).
    You make it sound as if girls can carry guys....which they can't.
  • iau
    iau Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    jam3sj wrote: »
    dantex wrote: »
    In fact, it's very easy to me. It should be easy for anybody who has ever played a platformer in their life.

No offense, but I've played everything from the original Nintendo Mario Bros, to QfG, to Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and Two Thrones. It only took me a week to finish Two Thrones, and not in an obsessed 18h/day Evercrack way, but 'I'm bored so I'll kill a few hours" way. And I still can't get up on the bridge. This quest is as pointless as making you manually climb the cliffs of logic.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    iau wrote: »
    No offense, but I've played everything from the original Nintendo Mario Bros, to QfG, to Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and Two Thrones. It only took me a week to finish Two Thrones, and not in an obsessed 18h/day Evercrack way, but 'I'm bored so I'll kill a few hours" way. And I still can't get up on the bridge. This quest is as pointless as making you manually climb the cliffs of logic.

The quest is complicated but at the same time easy. You have to climb on the rocky hill next to bridge. After, You will position yourself close to the bridge as much as posible.

Please, notice that "as close as" posible means that you will be actually "standing in the air" a bit away from the hill (this is the part hard to understand) you will not fall unless you get to far away from the hill.

If still this does not work you can try my tip.

My tip for you is when you find this closest location is to jump towards the bridge, when you are starting to go down press "x". This will make a flip and you will last additional time at the same height without going down while doing the flip.

Jump again as soon as you finish the flip and when you start going down you do another flip.

In other words, Jump, flip, jump and flip.

I think in keyboard language is= "Space bar" (jump), "W" (foward), "X" (flip). "space bar" and "X" again.

I did it like this and it looked fancy for people but it was actually a necesity from my part.:-)
  • iau
    iau Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thanks Granrey, the flip finally worked. Wow, I spent more time on leap than I spent on Mask of Eternity b:shocked
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    when you are starting to go down press "x". This will make a flip and you will last additional time at the same height without going down while doing the flip.
    Most people try to jump the 2nd jump too early, or don't continue holding forward as they're jumping.
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The quest is complicated but at the same time easy. You have to climb on the rocky hill next to bridge.

I remember doing both of my leap quests without me having to climb any rocks (and I did not know that using flip would help me, I need to try that! Thank You!). In both cases, you have buildings that you can leap from and if you wait long enough before you use your second leap, you can get there with a few tries.
  • guyoriginal1
    guyoriginal1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    mactepok wrote: »
    where do you start the elven leap quest????
  • Helcaterian - Sanctuary
    Helcaterian - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My Suggestion to anyone doing this little quest is too PRACTICE the jump before you actually take the quest. It will save you lots hallse of having to get the quest again from the Elder if you run out of time (you only have 5 mins from gaining the quest to returning to the Elder with the contents of the Chest).

The Elven quest obviously is started by talking to the Elven Elder, but the Chest is located on a platform more or less straight above where you are, you wont be able to see it untill you get up into the air, again explore this area above where the Elder is located so you know where to go once you take the Quest.

Same thing goes for the Barb/Veno Leap Quest, Find where the Chest is at, then PRACTICE your jumps then go get the quest.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I guess as soon you get a mount and you are around etherblade. It's not a bad idea to check if somebody is doing the leap quest.

I have helped couple people(embracing/flying) that way.
  • samson2606
    samson2606 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
  • ChiaoLin - Dreamweaver
    ChiaoLin - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok, I have read all of the posts, I have tried jumping from the rock by standing on the "air". I have tried jumping from the building behind. I have tried using the spin. I have watched all of the YouTube videos. In essence, I have attempted everything that anyone had suggested to do in order to make this leap. I simply can not do it. I have played games like Tombraider with no real problems, but this one is simply beyond me. Hahaha...I have even tried to get flyers to carry me up there, but even that has failed.

I am on the Dreamweaver server; female blademaster. If anyone would be willing to help fly me up there, let me know. I am at the point of simply wanting to give up on the quest.

Thanks guys.
  • ChiaoLin - Dreamweaver
    ChiaoLin - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Someone IG was nice enough to show me an easy way. I had tried jumping from the top of the hill by going out onto the "air" and nothing could work. This person showed me that you have to drop down about 3 or so "levels" of that "air" and jump from there, aiming for the corner protrusion on the roof. That way was very simple.

Thanks to everyone that posts tips and tricks in these forums. They have been a great help.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i always help people to do their jum quests
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wait, why is this thread still here? It's been necro'd like 4 times?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.