when should i cap my vit

GuardOfPeace - Sanctuary_1363839238
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
i just wanna no so im rdy i like to no about stuff before i do it and im a dual axes & dual hammers blademaster
Main: axe Blademaster
Build:
-even lvls 3 str 1 dex 1 vit
-odd lvls 2 str 3 vit

Others:archer,venomancer,barbarian

my moto is just go wit the flow and if that dont work let your rage out with all your strength and DESTROYb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
Post edited by GuardOfPeace - Sanctuary_1363839238 on

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When you have around 80~100.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You shouldn't even be thinking about VIT that early in the game, you can easily survive without worrying about VIT probably 40~55. Use your points for dealing damage till you get to a point where HP becomes a factor.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I personally think having vit is more of a factor at the beginning of the game. I capped my vit at 3 and I haven't found a reason to raise it :)
  • Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There is a very wide variance because it depends on what you do with your character and the specific build you are following as well.

Just as sort of an illustration, a claw BM that uses heavy armor will only be able to practically get 1 vit every other level if they plan to keep up with their gears, and as such, will never be able to cap it at 80~100.

On the other hand, something like an axe build that is getting vit every level will have much more control over it, but it really comes down to... is there anything that is more worth the points than vit?
  • Schism - Harshlands
    Schism - Harshlands Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yup, 80-100 is the way to go if you want to be efficient at aoe grinding, mine is currently 81 and if i ever get misty rings i will buy a reset note and reset 10 points of dex and chuck them into vit, i have 91 vit with my calamities equipped 81 base vit without, im axe/hammer btw.
  • GuardOfPeace - Sanctuary_1363839238
    edited May 2009
    thnks for answering guys.
    so 100 vit it shall be.
    good huntin dudes and dudets.
    Main: axe Blademaster
    Build:
    -even lvls 3 str 1 dex 1 vit
    -odd lvls 2 str 3 vit

Others:archer,venomancer,barbarian

my moto is just go wit the flow and if that dont work let your rage out with all your strength and DESTROYb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I personally think having vit is more of a factor at the beginning of the game. I capped my vit at 3 and I haven't found a reason to raise it :)

Yes...but you are Uber.

Going back to Fist at 90th or so Khaos? Or keeping it as secondary/tertiary?
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Personal choice. However, the term 'capping' is a bit of a misnomer... you shouldn't ever cap your vit, however when you get 8x-9x you can restat, leaving only 50-60 vit and putting the rest of the points on dex.

I did the 3s 2v / 3s 1v 1d every two levels, but I found myself missing a lot when I reached the mid to high 40s, so I started adding more dex. What good is your spark skills if you have a high chance of missing? By my 60's I had my points distributed as if I had gone 3s 2v /3s 2d and it was a nice balance that worked well.

I made the mistake of restatting DEX at lvl 70. While it may be feasible for pole or blade to restat dex at 70, AXE, not so good. So at higher levels you may consider restatting for DEX, but probably not before lvl70 for blade/pole or lvl80 for axe.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i stopped at 50 vit
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I did the same but I only do PVE.
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes...but you are Uber.

Going back to Fist at 90th or so Khaos? Or keeping it as secondary/tertiary?

I wouldn't call myself "uber" lol. Its merely a play style choice.

And what do you mean "going back"? I always have fists with me and use them quite often, even while aoeing. Yea, I really don't have the option to add more vit because I use both fists and axes. But if i only used axes I would still go 3str/2dex per lvl.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have been going on the Axe route (3 str, 1 vit, 1 dex) and at level 46 my vit is 61.
    My gears have boosted my Vit high! xD
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am building this Bm with a 6str/3dex/1vit every two levels, with the thought that I will never stop adding to my Vit. And that build gives me the option to use 3 of the 4 trees efficiently. Just my own personal opinion.

We will see how it goes
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Imo you will have too little HP to AoE grind

• DETH_BROKER - Dreamweaver
    DETH_BROKER - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My BM is a sword BM that is focused on DD I am curious to know if I should cap my vitality at 50, 55 or 60?

Thanks for you help. b:thanks
    edited May 2009
    I have had a level 68 BM. I capped vit on that BM at 55. I was a sword BM and was trying to switch to axes, even though I didnt have the STR at the time to carry the latest axes, but didnt have HP issues. I did have to manage sutra and usually was charmed.

I am expecting to have a bit of a HP issue through my 50's and 60's, but hope that with gear refinement after that, and gems, I will be able to.....

Only time will tell
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, capping your vit really depends on how you play, i really want to just focus on AoE'ing so i will need a large hp pool. That is why i dont think i will ever stop adding hp

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I wouldn't call myself "uber" lol. Its merely a play style choice.

Fine fine fine...you are still one of the best BM players I know. Chalk it up to skill.
    And what do you mean "going back"? I always have fists with me and use them quite often, even while aoeing. Yea, I really don't have the option to add more vit because I use both fists and axes. But if i only used axes I would still go 3str/2dex per lvl.

I have a baby BM I'm leveling up now. I'm going to cap my Vit at 40 or so and see how that works for a while. I know the axes are more efficient for grinding later but I may just go Pole to keep myself awake. b:laugh
    edited May 2009
    Fine fine fine...you are still one of the best BM players I know. Chalk it up to skill.

I have a baby BM I'm leveling up now. I'm going to cap my Vit at 40 or so and see how that works for a while. I know the axes are more efficient for grinding later but I may just go Pole to keep myself awake. b:laugh

Good luck with your baby BM xD

• DETH_BROKER - Dreamweaver
    DETH_BROKER - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have had a level 68 BM. I capped vit on that BM at 55. I was a sword BM and was trying to switch to axes, even though I didnt have the STR at the time to carry the latest axes, but didnt have HP issues. I did have to manage sutra and usually was charmed.

I am expecting to have a bit of a HP issue through my 50's and 60's, but hope that with gear refinement after that, and gems, I will be able to.....

Only time will tell

What was charmed and what is "sutra"? lol b:surrender
    edited May 2009
    I meant I used a HP charm when I say charmed. The HP charm refills your HP when it dips below 50%.

Sutra, it your Heal skill, actually called Diamond sutra. It requires a spark, but gives you an instant 20% heal. It can be a life saver
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Good luck with your baby BM xD

Thanks! I find it helpful to play through all the classes if only to understand thier strengths and weaknesses.