New HUMAN flying mount

Options
Zeonus - Heavens Tear
Zeonus - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, so we have had a sneak peak via the ads, about the three new flying mounts. So far we can easily identify the Dragonfly http://www.ecatomb.net/flight-b.php

However, we have not had ANY picture of the wings, so rule them out.

As for the human mount..does anyone have ANY insight? It doesn't match any MY-EN or China aero mounts from what I know, and I can't even begin to paste together what it could be. Any ideas? I mean the one from the ad..I have no ******' idea what it could be.
Post edited by Zeonus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Gau - Dreamweaver
    Gau - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sorry I have no Idea but that site is cool so thanks for that
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what ad? i haven't seen an ad O.o
  • Zeonus - Heavens Tear
    Zeonus - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what ad? i haven't seen an ad O.o

The Genie Ad. The barb (I think it's a barb) is on the dragonfly. The (Wizard?) is on the Unknown.
    Top pic in http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/2661
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    there is a 'mount' similar to this in EtherSaga...silly thing looks like a gourd, and you stand on it and it flies. go figure. the cloud my son got in that game makes way more sense than any flying veggie! b:laugh

The Genie Ad. The barb (I think it's a barb) is on the dragonfly. The (Wizard?) is on the Unknown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im glad Im human, I hate bugs, lol

Ok judging by the trailer one of the new flying mounts for human will be the Urim's Light.
    For untamed the Two-Headed Wurm and apparantly the Colossal Dragonfly.
    The wings (black and red) I have no idea what they are called and cant seem to find
    info or pictures of them online either.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I dont know, all i know is that it looks horrible xD
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok, so we have had a sneak peak via the ads, about the three new flying mounts. So far we can easily identify the Dragonfly http://www.ecatomb.net/flight-b.php

However, we have not had ANY picture of the wings, so rule them out.

As for the human mount..does anyone have ANY insight? It doesn't match any MY-EN or China aero mounts from what I know, and I can't even begin to paste together what it could be. Any ideas? I mean the one from the ad..I have no ******' idea what it could be.

dude.... shut up u guys just got your req lvl 20 flying blade, u are not going to get a new flying mount, not for awhile, not until they put in the req lvl 20 flying mounts in for the other classes

plz close this i just gave him the answer
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Quite possibly, we can get a new set of flying gear for each faction with the new release - the red wings for elves and the gourd for humans suggests as much. Also, looking at the title-picture of this 'ere expansion preview page, the barbarian isn't riding a dragonfly. The dragonfly is grey/brown/black, and also has a flattened head. The untamed mount here, I'd say, looks more like a wasp or bee - a brand new aerogear.

The gourd, over most of the world, was and is used as a container. Take a gourd, let it dry, cut a small hole at the top, then put a cork into it and you have a very very functional container for liquid. You'd actually be surprised at how many small 'wooden' bottles that are actually dried gourds.

According to a chinese story, a emperor once attained several magical weapons he could use in combat to defeat his enemies. These included a gourd containing ten-thousand firebirds, and two floating swords. Yet another story, this time one about creation, states that Pan Gu (creator god) created the world by throwing down two gourds, and that carrying a gourd bestows long life as a result. And finally Buddah carried the Wulu Gourd, which was soft yellow in colour and was aligned with metal and was the symbol of the Heavenly Doctor.

So, no, it's not just the developers who had a brainspasm and decided to put flying veggies in the game.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LoL Rogue no need to shout at the guy!
    And even if they do release a new flying sword, we should be pleased, not angry!

• Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wait is that human flying around on a glowing potato?
    edited May 2009
    Options

LoL an organic potato! xD
    Ooyaaa if he/she goes into a guy/girl on a nakirs judgment, will it make chips? LOL

edited May 2009
    Options
    LoL Rogue no need to shout at the guy!
    And even if they do release a new flying sword, we should be pleased, not angry!

u say that cuz u a human character and already have your lvl 20 req flying mount lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I want that two headed thing. It looks awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I want that two headed thing. It looks awesome!

the 2 headed dragon thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    u say that cuz u a human character and already have your lvl 20 req flying mount lol

Well << cant you see from my level that i dont need a level 20 flying mount?
    And a flying mount isnt even needed to do quests until 30+ anyway

• Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It looks more like a sake jar and a spaceship looking sword. New wings are in the trailor too.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the 2 headed dragon thing?

Yes that thing. Shame we can't battle with them. Would be cool to have flames coming from their mouths killing things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Would be cool to have flames coming from their mouths killing things.

As a BM myself, i dont think it would be cool because i wouldnt be able to stand the roasting xD

• Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

ive seen the human one on youtube its not even a sword its liek a giant flying vaise (im bad at spelling :P
    )
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    dude.... shut up u guys just got your req lvl 20 flying blade, u are not going to get a new flying mount, not for awhile, not until they put in the req lvl 20 flying mounts in for the other classes

don't be mad cuz u couldnt get a new mount cuz ur only lvl 28 >.> and who knows they might put a new flying mount for the human classs :P
  • Santra - Heavens Tear
    Santra - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

That would be a magic GOURD that the human is flying on
    Santra
    Attk Cleric FTW b:laugh
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As a BM myself, i dont think it would be cool because i wouldnt be able to stand the roasting xD

It would only hurt for a moment and think of it as a... free tan.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ....And still there's no Wings of Seraph to be seen.... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ....And still there's no Wings of Seraph to be seen.... b:cry

watch the next wings they put in is "plume god" (req lvl 90)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i could understand this gourd being popular in the orient, with it being part of their legends. but i truly dont see how many people here would want to buy that, unless perhaps they are of oriental background themselves and grew up with the story. its just so weird looking, and even given how useful a gourd can be, for americans/canadians/mexicans, it would be like our thinking of a 7Up or Coke bottle and wanting to fly on it, or (gourd-as-container)taking a box, standing on it and taking a fly on it...

*virtual head shaking*.....i dont get it. so many other mounts they could have chosen, and this is what they chose??

Quite possibly, we can get a new set of flying gear for each faction with the new release - the red wings for elves and the gourd for humans suggests as much. Also, looking at the title-picture of this 'ere expansion preview page, the barbarian isn't riding a dragonfly. The dragonfly is grey/brown/black, and also has a flattened head. The untamed mount here, I'd say, looks more like a wasp or bee - a brand new aerogear.

The gourd, over most of the world, was and is used as a container. Take a gourd, let it dry, cut a small hole at the top, then put a cork into it and you have a very very functional container for liquid. You'd actually be surprised at how many small 'wooden' bottles that are actually dried gourds.

According to a chinese story, a emperor once attained several magical weapons he could use in combat to defeat his enemies. These included a gourd containing ten-thousand firebirds, and two floating swords. Yet another story, this time one about creation, states that Pan Gu (creator god) created the world by throwing down two gourds, and that carrying a gourd bestows long life as a result. And finally Buddah carried the Wulu Gourd, which was soft yellow in colour and was aligned with metal and was the symbol of the Heavenly Doctor.

So, no, it's not just the developers who had a brainspasm and decided to put flying veggies in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i could understand this gourd being popular in the orient, with it being part of their legends. but i truly dont see how many people here would want to buy that, unless perhaps they are of oriental background themselves and grew up with the story. its just so weird looking, and even given how useful a gourd can be, for americans/canadians/mexicans, it would be like our thinking of a 7Up or Coke bottle and wanting to fly on it, or (gourd-as-container)taking a box, standing on it and taking a fly on it...

*virtual head shaking*.....i dont get it. so many other mounts they could have chosen, and this is what they chose??

*pouts* Hey...I'ma wantin' one of those gourds, and I'm not oriental...just looks cool... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    Kytari - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Ummmmm.....they will eventually release the req lvl 20's for untamed and elves. And when they do they will most likely release a req lvl 50 blade for the human class.

It all comes out at the same time. And plus there is not guarentee the next set of flying mounts will include the lvl 20 req mounts for untamed and Elves. It could be a whole set of Req 40 mounts. They aren't going to hold off putting in any more mounts for the humans till they release the lower level req mounts for other classes. That would be obsurd.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It would only hurt for a moment and think of it as a... free tan.b:laugh

I LoL'd at that post!

• Kytari - Heavens Tear
    Kytari - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

xD i would want one too sadly. lol. It makes me laugh.
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I LoL'd at that post!

Still waiting for you in Sanctuary Axe.. LOL Im sure a few of my pets would love to eat..er..I mean meat.. umm wait.. MEET you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?