Question about refining

benjabob
benjabob Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Ok Ive havent done any refining yet, but I know that dragon orbs will give you 100% success rate depening on the level you're refining to, my question is, if i want to get a 1star item to a level 5 star item with 100% success rate, along with the amount of mirage celestones do I also need a level 1 dragon orb, a level 2 orb, level 3 orb level 4 and a level 5 orb? Or is it possible to refine directly from level 1 to level 5 using just a level 5 orb and x amount of mirage celestones?
Post edited by benjabob on

Comments

• callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Don't bother using a 1-star orb, level 1 refining is nigh on 100% success anyway. You might be lucky and be able to hit level 2, but after that, you will have to use dragon orbs, the chances of success really diminish.

You can't just use a 5-star to get from level 1-5 with x mirage stones, you have to use each individual orb (i.e a 2*,3*,4*,5*).

After 5* (I think), you have to combine existing orbs to create 6*,7*, all the way up to 12*, an EXTREMELY expensive thing.
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • benjabob
    benjabob Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thank you, I thought this would be the case. I just wanted to check and confirm it.
  • ketzer
    ketzer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    another question about refining
    where 2 get an chienkun stone for refining transfer?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ketzer wrote: »
    another question about refining
    where 2 get an chienkun stone for refining transfer?

Not in the game yet.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • rottweiler
    rottweiler Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    100% for 1st refine? i used 14 mirages on 1 weapon i tried, i gave up cos i ran out of stones on that particular weapon and ive failed 1st time numerous times on other stuff. i must be very unlucky
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    rottweiler wrote: »
    100% for 1st refine? i used 14 mirages on 1 weapon i tried, i gave up cos i ran out of stones on that particular weapon and ive failed 1st time numerous times on other stuff. i must be very unlucky

Same here, tried twice (4 mirages) with level 1 and failed both times. Just bought the damn dragon orb next time. It's only about 30k. With mirages going for ~20k, if the success rate with the first refine is lower than 50%, it's worth the cost of the first orb.

Just think of it as buying insurance. With it your cost for the first refine is fixed at 70k. Without it your max cost for the first refine is potentially unlimited.
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My success rate on refining my first weapon went:

1st try - Fail
    2nd try - +1
    3rd try - Back to 0
    4th try - +1

So it seems to have about a 50% success rate for me at least, however, since mirage stones go for 20-25k (on sanctuary at least) and since the first dragon orb goes for about 30k or so. I would suggest just getting the dragon orb.
  • godheadslament
    godheadslament Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    25% success rate on gear refined to level 1.
    10% success rate on gear refined to level 2.
    4% success rate on gear refined to level 3.
    1.67% success rate on gear refined to level 4.
    0.77% success rate on gear refined to level 5.
    0.47% success rate on gear refined to level 6.
    0.25% success rate on gear refined to level 7.
    0.13% success rate on gear refined to level 8.
    0.07% success rate on gear refined to level 9.
    0.04% success rate on gear refined to level 10.
    0.02% success rate on gear refined to level 11.

Source
  • Xueling_ - Heavens Tear
    Xueling_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't understand, how can refining fail with 100% success rate when the item is at the +0 refining level? b:puzzled
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    omg don't necro. if a thread is on page 3 and beyond, don't post.
  • Xueling_ - Heavens Tear
    Xueling_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    omg don't necro. if a thread is on page 3 and beyond, don't post.

How do I know if a thread is on page three or beyond if I do as everyone asks and use the search function, and only a few posts come up?

I probably figured out the answer anyway, but accusing someone of blatantly necroing a thread? Seriously, you people either complain about new threads being started without people searching, or complaining about people "necroing" threads because they do search.