Call of Duty for Radiance

2»

Comments

• Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Rad should know this better then anyone. Most 90+ travel in groups... and sometimes big groups. If you are asking even one to go back, be prepare to accept a whole group. There are two ways for Rad to recover. Kick the low levels and beg the high levels to go back. Or lose most of its land and start over from scratch. But whatever you guys do. Better do it quick. At where it stands, Rad will lose 2 lands per week, soon to be three.

And kelly, ask yourself this. Why would most of the people who joined rad before it have any land leave? Why would most of the people who fought for rad's domaniance leave? Why would they all leave and never look back. heck, some of them are even after rad's blood. This is no isolated incident. But from beginning to end, rad probably lost its entire core tw team.

You are underestimating just how small Rad is right now :P

Not to mention the inactives like me who they keep around for novelty value.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You are underestimating just how small Rad is right now :P

Not to mention the inactives like me who they keep around for novelty value.

From what i am hearing, rad is going to get a lot smaller once the pay is gone. My earlier days in rad was fun thou... although it sucked toward the end. I donno, maybe there is even a piece of me that'll be sad to see rad go.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You know, a lot of people are not too fond of Raw, but he doesn't bother me. He's a bit rough around the edges and can sometimes take things too far, but that's a trait I find perfect for being my director. If only he would give me leadership so we can turn Radiance around together...

Many of the old school Radiance left before Raw was even considered for any leadership position. And now that basically ALL of what us old Rad would call Rad has left, the "new Rad" is left wondering why we all just can't come back. It's funny. Quite funny. I wouldn't blame Raw, I'd blame earlier leadership. Rewind a few months ago to where the collapse could have been prevented.

Tell someone who was in Radiance before these last 2 months that Raw was leader and please was marshal and they'll immediately say "WTF" or "LOL" before they said anything else.

I'm not trying to flame them, but that's reality. And why do the old members say WTF or LOL when I tell them about the new Rad leadership? I'm not even going to attempt to explain.

Hell, if I had stayed, I probably would be leader for real - despite everyone knowing I'm a jerk.

I just had a great idea... brb... going to try to make it so all of the original members of my faction leave.

Gotta note that i perfectly agree with this post, even with part of ya as leader, that may have been interesting :D exactly same views as mine, but yeah, have to underline that rad isnt the same as it was, and i see it is way worse currently than before
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    Lleela - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sigh,

Et tu thehate...

sadly you chose to leave, your current in exile status only grants you rights to gripe about what was wrong while you were still in Rad. Now that you no longer have a presence it holds as much water as any other non faction member on the server. Sorry =( really was happy to be in a faction with you.

Regarding welcoming back folks, sure would love to see some people come back if they regret getting caught up in the drama of a few disgruntled people and quickly hit the bail out button. Id be on list of people glad to see them come home.

The other, and I use this term loosely, so called "CORE" who felt the guild revolved around them and their small clique. Id rather they just continue to split apart and marginalize themselves until completely forgotten as having stood for anything other then their own self interest.

oh, regarding Bookman's sig file, while ever so Ironic. its in incredibly poor taste to air faction dirt in the forums. Since he sees fit to open up a bit, I wonder if there are any screen shots of him lifting Enrage's guild bank in his oh so funny joking way. There was much concerned expressed in allowing Bookman to join/rejoin Radiance, but his friends, Edya and gang, vouched for him. So in a one week stint, Bookman arrives, disrupts TW by just doing his own thing, and drags dirty laundry in public, not to mention his oh so funny joked pulled on Enrage. Wow busy beaver... hope your as much an asset to your new faction(s) as you were while in rad, if so I suspect competing guilds have little to be concerned with you.

G'Day
  • DrowRanger - Heavens Tear
    DrowRanger - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009

oh, regarding Bookman's sig file, while ever so Ironic. its in incredibly poor taste to air faction dirt in the forums. Since he sees fit to open up a bit, I wonder if there are any screen shots of him lifting Enrage's guild bank in his oh so funny joking way. There was much concerned expressed in allowing Bookman to join/rejoin Radiance, but his friends, Edya and gang, vouched for him. So in a one week stint, Bookman arrives, disrupts TW by just doing his own thing, and drags dirty laundry in public, not to mention his oh so funny joked pulled on Enrage. Wow busy beaver... hope your as much an asset to your new faction(s) as you were while in rad, if so I suspect competing guilds have little to be concerned with you.

G'Day

You serious? That's the joke of the year. Rawthorne is the winner. Bookman did well on that.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    g/d double post, my bad.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I lol'd .

Why would you use forums to contact them, if you were truly an old Radiance member, wouldn't you be in contact with all the "oldies" of the faction? If anyone had any interest in coming back, don't you think you would know? It'd be better for the faction to stay gone, having more forces fighting in TW will make it that much more fun.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why would you quote your self?
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Why would you use forums to contact them, if you were truly an old Radiance member, wouldn't you be in contact with all the "oldies" of the faction? If anyone had any interest in coming back, don't you think you would know? It'd be better for the faction to stay gone, having more forces fighting in TW will make it that much more fun.

The OP is unknown to me, its certainly not official guild policy to be asking for people to reconsider choices made and return on the PW forums.

Speaking for myself, I still group with folks who left, I still PM friends and chat regardless of their reason for leaving. The conversation is not, please will you come back, more of how you doing, want to get together and do something, or need help with your alt.

Drowranger
    "You serious? That's the joke of the year. Rawthorne is the winner. Bookman did well on that."

Yeah, im serious, I think its in incredibly poor taste and was intended to hurt.

For interest sake and comparison, Leroy Jenkins videos were planned events pulled off by a tight guild and a few friends. They were humorous because we've all had party wipes due to some idiot behaving like the infamous Leroy. Leroy Jenkins is a parody and went viral in MMO's and spawned many copycats.

Bookman just wants to continue creating a wake of havoc on all things he comes in contact with.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    After reading all these posts I forgot who was saying what but to those of you who are so proud of yourselves for still being in Rad because of "guild loyalty" I'll have to tell you this:

Guild loyalty is shallow. That's right, it's shallow. What truly matters in a guild is its people, what it valued, what brought the guild together. Heck, you might even be loyal to just the leader! But lingering in a guild with the same name but completely different ideals/people is not guild loyalty; it's laziness. I'm sure the Enrage members who remained from the old RoC days are considered "loyal" but they held on to the values and the people of RoC, not the guild tag. Would you accuse them of not being loyal because their tag now reads Enrage instead of RoC? Even though Enrage and RoC are not the same, I'd call any active player with RoC's tag silly. And yea, stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    -_- Let me explain something.

You stay in a guild not for it's name, but for the people you become good friends with. Most people who left Radiance didn't leave cause they were losing or on the verge of it - their friends decided to leave and they followed. Your guild name isn't anything to you really if you feel out of place and want to be somewhere where you feel more at home - it's plain and simple as that. That's why I left because most of my friends split and i personally didn't agree with leadership and how they handle a few things even before the new one was appointed. And i'm pretty sure most people felt like this.

I find it kinda of messed up/funny most Rad members who left [myself] included get alot of **** for leaving cause we decided to join friends eslewhere. Is that wrong? No it isn't. I have someone in Radiance mad at me [she knows who she is] because I left and took my wife with me and said I didn't believe in leadership. It's my right to choose where I feel best at - regardless what faction it is or who the leader is ; my game my choice no offense.

Bottom line [not trying to quote or be funny] Guild loyalty isn't much if you don't feel with it. Explains the guild power splitting apart [don't you notice most of them are together in another guild?] it should be respected. b:byeb:kiss
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    You can blame the individual when one or two leaves a guild. But there is something wrong with the guild when half of its fighting force leaves in a matter of weeks. Whats more is that the majority of those who left are now fighting against their former guild.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    honestly, i dont know wat u guys on about u have to stay loyal to radiance, u guys not there when radiance still lvl 1 guild, u not there when radiance had 1st tw, u cant talk loyal to ppl like us, we stayed loyal long enough, we havnt see any reward from staying loyal to radiance, and i do have to agree with torm on the fact that charity was the one to blame for for the down fall, raw was just another factor. when all the factors adds up, it was really time to leave.
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and plus. if every1 is blaming on raw.. charity should show some balls to kick raw out.

oh wait.. charity is a girl.. nvm forget i said that b:chuckle
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • Slamer - Heavens Tear
    Slamer - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Believe it or not there are still people in Rad who were there at the first TW and when Rad was a level 1 guild. Not many, but still a few. Anyway I understand, and most of the original Rad members who are still in Rad with me, why people have left Radiance so there is no need for discussion here.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Regarding Charity, she is still MIA and has been so since she gave leadership to KymKat. Rawthorne was appointed guild leader by default. There was a poll for Radiance members to vote for the next leader. Edya won the votes and was originally appointed leader. But, for some reason only known to her, she forfeited leadership back to KymKat. The runner up in the poll was Rawthorne, and to hold true to what the poll said, he was appointed. KymKat could not remain in a leadership position due to health reasons that take a lot from her, we all know and respect her decision. I will admit that Rawthorne is a bit untolerable at times, but so far, as guild leader, he has done everything he can to keep Radiance together and strong. As I have said in a seperate post, guild morale is much higher than I have seen it since I joined Radiance. I have seen many positive changes in guild activity and major improvements in faction inter-activity. Rawthorne is far from the dictator that many see him as. He has delegated responsibilities out to the officers and discusses major decisions with the officers before anything is implemented. The guild now has the voice to say "Hey, I don't like the way this is done" and that voice is heard. To any ex-Radiance members out there, you have your reasons for doing what you've done, I understand and respect that. But, if you wanted to return, then yes, the door is open. In regards to the comments of guild loyalty, I am loyal to my friends, my friends are still here in Radiance, so I will remain here until either they leave or we have a falling out. The name above my head means nothing if I don't have people to share it with.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Xsabbyx - Heavens Tear
    Xsabbyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    After reading all these posts I forgot who was saying what but to those of you who are so proud of yourselves for still being in Rad because of "guild loyalty" I'll have to tell you this:

Guild loyalty is shallow. That's right, it's shallow. What truly matters in a guild is its people, what it valued, what brought the guild together. Heck, you might even be loyal to just the leader! But lingering in a guild with the same name but completely different ideals/people is not guild loyalty; it's laziness. I'm sure the Enrage members who remained from the old RoC days are considered "loyal" but they held on to the values and the people of RoC, not the guild tag. Would you accuse them of not being loyal because their tag now reads Enrage instead of RoC? Even though Enrage and RoC are not the same, I'd call any active player with RoC's tag silly. And yea, stupid.

I agree with this gentle man.. Sir i salute you.

Faction is friends who pew pew, hug hug, and palyfight with each otehr.

We aint power rangers were not lvoey dovey and stay together cuz ere pwoer ragners.

Wre Mercernaries of Loooooooveeeeee

We stay were we feel loved. When we dont feel loved we gooo like superman saving Lois Lane.

Factions is a group of love

So feel the love spread on jam and eat it. Dont like the taste spit it out and get a new jam you like b:pleased
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree with this gentle man.. Sir i salute you.

Thank you, but I'ma girl b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2009

So feel the love spread on jam and eat it. Dont like the taste spit it out and get a new jam you like b:pleased

mmmm nothin like jam covered love in the morning b:pleased
  • sixsigma
    sixsigma Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Leader has to be a person who u can trust
    Leader has to be a person who can selfsacriface to do best for guild
    Leader has to try to do the best and right most of the time

But i dont see any of this thing on Raw

LadyofReal: u told me the samething when u were in RoC and left before it disband. And u obligate a person leave TW because u cant join TW? that's the way to act as an official? "I'm Marshal, Executor or.... quit TW because i cant join in TW, because there is no room" Rolf!!!

Lleela: I supported u to join Rad from Radiant, but u stopped answered me when i left Radiance (where is the loyalty or "Friend", do you think u can talk about loyalty?

Raw: u dont do any TT runs unless the best item is for u, and not for Guildy who really need it (i did with him 2 times, no more because i decided not to do it)

How can u trust a leader (Kymkat) who make candidate as she want? vote??? where is the result on web page? if u want to do right all process must be opened not just "pm me ur candidate" who knows....

Leader must gain respect not just saying "Respect me!!!b:angry" Go to hell b:laugh
  • Elicobacter - Heavens Tear
    Elicobacter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im Elicobacter,i posted the previews one
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Elico I haven't seen you in game as you or you Alt for a couple days.

Seriously, Im not ignoring you, been wanting to check in.

I'm sorry if I missed you.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    rad isnt what it used to be, i for sure as hell know that. but do people honestly expect a constantly growing guild to stay the same? if you do, your an idiot. stuff changes. im not flaming the old rad members, infact most of the ex rad members and i who were friends before i quit are still friends, ive got friends in enraged, caesar and tao. all the power to them. i flame the flamers that are butthut about rad and quit, then come to the forum and QQ and flame at rad, when before they left they were so proud to be a rad member.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    roflmao.

I cant believe ladyofreal became a Rad officer.

You know what she said before she left Enrage?

I think it was something like...
    "Hey guys my app to radiance just got approved. kbye"

Radiance might as well fire her now cus I'm pretty sure her new application is already on queue with another guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • stuffeds
    stuffeds Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That should work just fine. This way Sticky can take her spot as an officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    stuffeds wrote: »
    That should work just fine. This way Sticky can take her spot as an officer.

I vote defected leader and sticky as director!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
    edited May 2009
    naw, i gotta be leader... think of it..... me as leader... woooooooot awesome right? free beer for everyone on vent! wewt! and ill use our hard earned land coins and blow it on hot sexy strippers. ftw?

and stuffedds is that an insult or compliment? o_O

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaishi - Heavens Tear
    Kaishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I vote defected leader and sticky as director!

Only if Cat gets marshal's seat!
    Whenever I fail...
    I make it epic.

Be nice to your local fail veno before it becomes nice to you.
    edited May 2009
    cats seat will be on my lap :D ftw!!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    roflmao.

I cant believe ladyofreal became a Rad officer.

You know what she said before she left Enrage?

I think it was something like...
    "Hey guys my app to radiance just got approved. kbye"

Radiance might as well fire her now cus I'm pretty sure her new application is already on queue with another guild.

I think Rad got the short end of the stick on that trade. Lady gambled on Rad and lost... thats all there is to it.