Dual Blade/Sword Archers.

CornHilario - Heavens Tear
CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
so..i saw a dual sword/dual blade archer in her 90's the other day in west arch. if you are hear, please speak up b:bye. anyway, i wanna know if they are a good way to run an archer. ty
One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
Post edited by CornHilario - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lvl 90 archers have enough base str to weild level 40-50 or so swords and level 60 fists. The archer probably took them out to look cool walking around arch like how other players break out their cool pets. They have no practical use in combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pure looks and they **** people in duels b:chuckle

http://i39.tinypic.com/ek2fx5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Pure looks and they **** people in duels b:chuckle

http://i39.tinypic.com/ek2fx5.jpg

First... nice character devoted :)
    Second.. WTF! Nefarious is on Lost City? What's the relation to the Sanctuary guild of the same name b:puzzled
    I don't see Nefarious in the top 50 lost city level / pvp ranks...
    *confused* -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    got a random guild invite after i left cq b:chuckle

im the only 80+ xD
    edited May 2009
    Heh and you made Exec no less XD
    Keep at it and maybe you can work your way to marshall ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mint_sage - Heavens Tear
    Mint_sage - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    melee archers would sort of be ESO rogues of PWI. :) ish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Forsaken :D
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ohhh devoted! You has such hawt pixels! b:dirty
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lvl 90 archers have enough base str to weild level 40-50 or so swords and level 60 fists.

Some demon archers can do crazy things with fists.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As a sword wielding, heavy armor wearing archer, I'd have to say that the concept has merit. While not optimal, it is far from broken. I certainly don't feel crippled or under-powered.

The sword mainly comes into play against phys mobs, where rather than trying to keep them at bay, I just switch to melee when they get too close. Even though my bow has substantially better refines and shards than my sword, I still deal about 75% of my normal damage in melee. My bow deals enough damage to need to be wary of stealing aggro during boss fights so so I hardly feel inferior to a pure dex build here, they just get to sit around idle more. If I do manage to draw a bosses attention, my high phys def allows me to take hits that would fold a standard archer. Shards and ornaments bring my mag def to over 80% of what what my LA wearing contemporaries would have so even elemental attacks aren't too bad.

The biggest problem with this build is that it is fairly gear intensive. In addition to needing two weapons, one also needs to manage 5.5 points of stats every level to keep current with both bow and heavy armor, requiring the extensive use of +stat and -req gear. It took a bit of finagleing, but I managed to equip my TT70 bow, sword and complete HA set at L70.

As far as PvP is concerned, I don't know, don't care. It might suck, it might not, I have no idea, I don't do PvP. My biggest concern is to be entertained while I play and this build more than fits the bill for me. The added flexibility of going melee makes for a much more interesting experience than the monotonous pew-pew of a standard build.
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Well... I did not really mean "using only fists". But I do like big beats?

She did use demon spark, of course. But if she had opened with short range quickshot...
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    lol that archer was just playing around, the fists she was using was lvl 60ish annihilator of souls (which i would totally not wield even if i could cuz it looks like pom poms)