Installation problems please help

wakerider5
wakerider5 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Okay so i tried to download the files doing the 4 download packs i got them all downloaded and then when i go to the perfect world international part 1 thing it comes up says install and i hit okay and then it starts extracting the files. BUT during the process it says on each download pack CRC failed? What does this mean and how do i solve it
Post edited by wakerider5 on

Comments

• Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    Kar_rak - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Are u using an antivirus program? If so, disable it. Also, are u downloading with Wi-Fi connection? If so, try with ethernet connection.
    For a true Daeva's and Nakir's Swords! Sign at the post!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wakerider5
    edited May 2009
    No offense but i didnt understand any of what you said what do i do to do that?????? Sorry not good w/ computers
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Do you have an Anti-Virus program such as Nod32 or Kaspersky or even Norton? If you have them, try disabling them and then try to download the game. If that fails, tell me :)

(WiFi -> wireless connection)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • obliviondanny
    obliviondanny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I Have this EXACT same problem, im trying to download this time from a different mirrior... i have already tried the offical direct link twice and the 4 seperate parts. All have the same problem still. This time im trying from a mirrior to see if this makes any difference.

And just to also answer the questions above, im not on wifi and all anti-virus stuff disabled...

edit: Ive also read all the help topics already and done everythign they have suggested, even downloading the trad chinese files. Lets hope this works on the 4th time.
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    What about downloading from a different computer? And extracting it in other computer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wakerider5
    edited May 2009
    yeah about the antivirus thing yeah i have norton activated how to i disable it temporarily just to download this
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Right click on the icon in the task bar - you should see an option to disable the antivirus (or even quit it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • felgear
    felgear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    antivirus isn't the problem
  • monkeyton
    monkeyton Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    same thing for me...

DMZ failed..
    CRC failed..
    Currupt files..

ive turned off all protection..
    downloaded all the latests things..

still cant get into the game..
    been trying for a week or so now.
  • obliviondanny
    obliviondanny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What about downloading from a different computer? And extracting it in other computer?

This is the only other thing i have not tried yet... However i shouldnt have to try it, espically since so many other people have the same problem.

I have sent in a ticket and Awaiting a reply also.

However, anymore news we have on this would be greatful, thanks!
  • wakerider5
    edited May 2009
    well if antivirus isnt the problem then what is?
  • monkeyton
    monkeyton Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and please keep us updated on the ticket.
  • mattyykun
    mattyykun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A crc error can have a number of causes. Sadly I've never seen AntiVirus programs being one of them.

This isn't exactly my area of expertise however if i remember correctly:
    The cyclonic Redundancy Check (CRC check) is basically a bit of data that is used to varify the 1's and 0's that make up a given piece of data are correct.

That said - the error can have a few different causes:
    1: Corrupted source (Meaning a bad download - is fixed by redownloading the file assuming the file was uploaded properly (In this case it was - as other people install the game just fine) Since you have already redownloaded the game from multiple locations - we can safely rule this one out).

2: Disk Errors (Include corrupted fileing system, excessive fragmentation, bad or damage sectors ect).
    -Based on what has been said so far - this is the most likely cause. It occurs because when you download the data you are downloading it in a compressed form. As you decompress the data it is filling more and more of your hdd. Eventually the following things can happen:

A: The data extracts to a bad or corrupted sector on your hard drive - can technically cause a crc error.

B: The data on your hard drive is overly fragmented - which causes the game data to be physically scattered all over the disk - which can cause read errors, which could be reported as CRC errors.

In order to fix this you should 1: Run check disk, and 2: defragment your hard drive if you have not done so recently.

To run Check Disk:
    Windows xp: Click: Start, Click: Run, Type: "cmd" and press OKAY"
    in the cmd window type "chkdsk"

It should ask you if it is okay to dismount your hard drive, type "y" and hit enter.

It will tell you that is not possible as the disk is in use, and will ask you if you wish to run chkdsk at boot - again type "y" and hit enter.

Restart your computer - check disk will automatically start.

Vista:
    Go to the start menu/button (Bottom left) and in the search bar type "cmd" hit enter.
    in the cmd window type "chkdsk"

It should ask you if it is okay to dismount your hard drive, type "y" and hit enter.

It will tell you that is not possible as the disk is in use, and will ask you if you wish to run chkdsk at boot - again type "y" and hit enter.

Restart your computer - check disk will automatically start.

Defragmenting
    Windows XP:
    Start > Programs > Accessories > system tools > Disk Defragmentor - Run it.

Vista:
    Go to the start button/icon, type "defrag" in the search bar, hit enter. It will automatically start analyzing the disk - once its done follow the instructions, it will tell you if you do or do not need to defragment your hdd.

If neither of those solutions work - then I'm sorry. CRC errors happen at the lowest data level (Literally the 1's and 0's that make up all data on your disk drive) and my understanding of them is not complete.
This discussion has been closed.