better drop rates for crafting mats

Aliceskywing - Heavens Tear
Aliceskywing - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Suggestion Box
Dear GMs of PWI

Could you please increase the drop rates on crafting mats such as glue, leather and oil? Even a 3% increase would be very much appreciated, i have no problem with grinding but it shouldn't take an eon to get a few peaces of leather. please take this into consideration in your next patch please
Post edited by Aliceskywing - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    never going to happen.
    not this life time :P
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    o God i have so much strong glue its ridiculous. a lot of the 5x quests involve killing some variation of tauroc, taurox, aerox, whatever. MAN...my glue to leather ratio is so off lol
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i second that - also those azureworm silks ... and no oil - lol
  • Aliceskywing - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    look all im saying is that is that mat farming should be a little more efficient
  • Tanell - Sanctuary
    Tanell - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What would be nice is if different days of the week had different material rates, like:

Monday- herbs +5%
    Tuesday- Ore +5%
    Thursday- Mob materials group A +5%
    Friday- Mob materials group B +5%
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    IMO The drop rate is fine. What i'd really like to see is an expansion of the mobs that actually drop mats. Silly that purified oil drops only from about 3 mobs on DC or that once you are above X level, you can kiss your chance of compound thread goodbye.

This would give us some more options about *which* mob to grind, rather than necessarily just increasing the drop rate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    edited April 2009
    Quote:(IMO The drop rate is fine. What i'd really like to see is an expansion of the mobs that actually drop mats. Silly that purified oil drops only from about 3 mobs on DC or that once you are above X level, you can kiss your chance of compound thread goodbye.

This would give us some more options about *which* mob to grind, rather than necessarily just increasing the drop rate.)

another problem i have is this stupid lvl loot penalty as if the drop rate weren't bad as is they have to make even harder to get the mats needed to make items so it will take 500 years just so you can get your blacksmithing skill to lvl 4

there are different mobs to grind for the same mats the problem is that the drop rate blows **** b:angry
  • dk41
    dk41 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, im level 42 and i have to grind low levels for animal fur, so i decided to make a diff character to farm the mats for me. its ridiculous, the mat drop should be added to more mobs that are in a large level range
    edited April 2009
    never going to happen.
    not this life time :P

b:angry and why not? its a reasonable request they could make the drop rates better. it would really help improve the game i think a lot of players would appreciate quicker farming
    edited April 2009
    have any of you seen how low the drop rates on these crafting mats are its ridiculous. Example the monster with the best drop rate of compound oil is 4.3358% thats low enough as is with out the stupid lvl loot penalty that reduces it down to 0.20% for the love of god it just crafting mats not a legendary weapon mold or a mount sheesh
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The reason this will never happen is simple: you can buy these mats from the Boutique. I'm sure no one ever does because it costs about 3X buying them from other players, but they're hardly going to make it even less likely by making the mats more common.
    edited April 2009
    Yes i know that but i am not talking about the cash shop and if you ask me that's a sign of weakness i don't mind using the cash shop in a way i like it but when players feel forced to use the cash shop because they cant get the item in the game or cant buy it off other players case they want too much for it thats a sign of weakness now i know that the game company needs to make some money it just seems a bit unfair to me and i feel like a small increase in the drop rate wouldn't case any trouble

you may hate what i saying but this is my opinion and i am sticking too itb:cool
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I dont mind the dropping rate, I just want the mat to still be farmable couple levels up.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Oh, I don't mind what you're saying at all. I'm just saying it won't actually happen because it would cut into the company's profits (does anyone actually buy them from the CS anyway?).
    edited April 2009
    thinking about it i don't think that it would cut their profits too much considering all the other stuff they make money from like hp&mp charms, flying mounts, reset scrolls,all those spiffy clothes, ground mounts, xp scrolls , bride & groom sets, mount upgrades, the limited edition stuff like the Celestone Box and the hellhound mount
    so ya i really don't think it would case too much trouble to have an easier time farming mats in the game b:lipcurl
    edited April 2009
    why do so many people hate my suggestion?b:puzzled too much grinding doesn't make a game fun am i the only one that gets frustrated grinding for 2 hours and hardly getting anything out of it?
    edited May 2009
    b:infuriated come on i have a point don't i?
    edited May 2009
    why doesnt anyone agree on this this is a major problem they don't have to be as super easy as WOW is but they shouldn't be this hard to get b:irritated
    edited May 2009
    anyone have anything to say? b:bored
  • bladeblades
    bladeblades Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi everyone i'm new to this game only started a few days ago but my way of getting mats is just grind tell i get 100k+ then buy the gold from the auction house and then buy the mats from cash shop it still means u had to work for ur mats so u feel like u do some thing not just ran to mummy or daddy for money to buy the mats and it just as good as grind for mat drops apart from u can train on high monster instend of low lvls all the time.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've actually had to resort to logging into a lower level alt, to farm the mats I need, and then transfer them later back to my main. I too would like to see more mobs of various level ranges dropping mats we need. But I suspect it will never happen, due to the fact they make too much damn money selling mats in the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • d2ks
    d2ks Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree and sometime for 1 hour only get about 2-5 the mat that im grindin for
  • elevon
    elevon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I agree, the drop rate of items is very low, especially the building materials ones.
    It's very difficult to get the items needed to make the 2 star items the blacksmith wants for level 4 blacksmithing. By the time you get that quest it's almost impossible to get the items any more from the monsters because your level is to high.
    Silk Thread and oil especially. I find rough fir lying around from other players from time to time but the silk thread and oil are usually scooped up.
    One trick you can use to get those lower level items when you get up there is to make another character and get it up to the level with the highest drop rate.
    Then keep letting him get killed before leveling up. Then find a way to transfer the items to your main character with the help of a trusted friend in the game. Just hand the items to your friend and then bring your main character into the game and your friend can pass the items over to you.
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    GohanX - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    elevon wrote: »
    Just hand the items to your friend and then bring your main character into the game and your friend can pass the items over to you.
    Or to transfer the items you can stop being cheap and use the postbox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    elevon wrote: »
    I agree, the drop rate of items is very low, especially the building materials ones.
    It's very difficult to get the items needed to make the 2 star items the blacksmith wants for level 4 blacksmithing. By the time you get that quest it's almost impossible to get the items any more from the monsters because your level is to high.
    Silk Thread and oil especially. I find rough fir lying around from other players from time to time but the silk thread and oil are usually scooped up.
    One trick you can use to get those lower level items when you get up there is to make another character and get it up to the level with the highest drop rate.
    Then keep letting him get killed before leveling up. Then find a way to transfer the items to your main character with the help of a trusted friend in the game. Just hand the items to your friend and then bring your main character into the game and your friend can pass the items over to you.

ever heard of a little thing called shops?
    leveling an alt to farm a mat is stupid, in the same time you could make enough money to buy all the mats you need
    moreover, dying to lose exp? level genies, you could get lucky
    last but not least nice necro
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ever heard of a little thing called shops?
    leveling an alt to farm a mat is stupid, in the same time you could make enough money to buy all the mats you need
    moreover, dying to lose exp? level genies, you could get lucky
    last but not least nice necro

Farmable mats, rates should be the same as grade 2 mats imho. but it should be more rare when mobs change to green.
    Who buys crafting mats in cash shop?
    I'd rather buy dragon orbs b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Farmable mats, rates should be the same as grade 2 mats imho. but it should be more rare when mobs change to green.
    Who buys crafting mats in cash shop?
    I'd rather buy dragon orbs b:bye

lol, mats in hte boutique is a total rip off
    i mean the cat/cow/mermaid/tiger/etc shops xD
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Jesus, 'tis a necro.

Bring out the Necro Busters! b:cute
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • eugen961
    eugen961 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i don't think they are going to increase the drop rate or ad mobs that drop mats or anything else, just because the mats can be bought with cash so higher drop rates = less ppl buy mats from cash shop = less money for them. perhaps they will do something just if that thing will increase their incomes. a good idea is to buy mats from other players, if you have money, if not, lvl up by killing mobs at the lvls the mats drop or make another char, but it's extremely boooooring