clerics soloing fb's??

ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
I'm sure this has been asked, but i went 3 pages back and saw nothing on it
and I am not a fan of the search feature

at about what level would a cleric be able to solo fb19?? or 29??

build is full int with good equips.
im lvl 50 with 1765 health, 4634 mana and 1576 physical defense

and at what point can we just not do it?
Post edited by ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lah - Dreamweaver
    Lah - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't know when a cleric can solo FB19 exactly, but I started soloing at lvl 60.
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't know when a cleric can solo FB19 exactly, but I started soloing at lvl 60.

can you get any good drops at that point though lol??

and at what lvl do the rep badges start dropping?
  • Santra - Heavens Tear
    Santra - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    can you get any good drops at that point though lol??

and at what lvl do the rep badges start dropping?

Yes you can get drops but its low at lvl 57 you can solo fb19
    fb29 would be best at around 65 to 70 i have done both and got 1 drop of molder GL
    Santra
    Attk Cleric FTW b:laugh
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    at about what level would a cleric be able to solo fb19?? or 29??
    fb19 - 4X, fb29 - 6X. What X, depends on equipment and your skill.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Varise - Heavens Tear
    Varise - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm guessing we're all clerics here so need some advise.
    1)how do I do combo
    2)how do cast spells all over the squad
    Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.
    -Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
  • Varise - Heavens Tear
    Varise - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    3)physical defense is zero. What is going on?
    Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.
    -Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm guessing we're all clerics here so need some advise.
    1)how do I do combo

Macros aka combo can be created, go to your spells screen and look low, you'll see a few buttons, push "new" this will open a new window, drag and drop the spells you wanna combine, push "save" and vuala! you now have a combo ;)
    The most important/regular combo Clerics have is Great Cyclone, Plume Shot, Great Cyclone, Plume Shot etc.
    2)how do cast spells all over the squad

Once you have maxed your buffs an aoe(area of effect) version of each will be available to learn, that will happen at your 50s. That's when you're able to buff a whole party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wel i can almsot solo a fb19 now didnt try so hard tho
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    wel i can almsot solo a fb19 now didnt try so hard tho

I did fb19 at 50. fb29 is soloable at 60 i think, i haven't tried to tank the boss yet, I'm not sure but by 50 i had close to 1700 hp but the thing that helps in low lvl fbs is phy def not hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I did fb19 at 50. fb29 is soloable at 60 i think, i haven't tried to tank the boss yet
    29 boss is not hard to tank, it's attack is magical if you do not get close. Getting to boss is another thing though. All these mobs guarding him...
    --
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    29 boss is not hard to tank, it's attack is magical if you do not get close. Getting to boss is another thing though. All these mobs guarding him...

The mobs in front of him die with a Tempest and a Razors, the others are not hard either, ironheart > razors > ironheart till razors is active again (if you wanna play it safe) or ironheart > razors > cyclone/plume shot > ironheart > razors. If I'm not mistaken they need 3 razors to die and they are always close to each other so it's easy to get them at once, I lead the whole party while we were waiting for the tank to come to the boss by myself 2 times the only thing I haven't tried is tanking the boss but I suppose it won't be much of a deal really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    as said above, the boss in fb 29 is not to bad for a magic class. quingzi hits me for around 300-500 damage and with 2500 hp thats not bad at all. use ironheart once and just keep damaging him. throw in just a standard red hp pot if you get behind on your healing or whatever.

the mobs getting to him can be a bit of a problem, but as long as you take it slow and dont get fancy you can pull through relatively easily.

lowest level i would say you can solo this fb... 55, and thats for clerics only. maybe 50 if you are charmed

tips:
    dont rely too much on plume shell in there, most of the mobs use magic attacks even though they are lower leveled.

when you go around the first corner in the dungeon, check your map first. often times you might get caught off guard with 3 rangers that can drain your hp quickly if unprepared.

the mobs have seperate aggression so if say 3 mobs were all in 1 place, if they are all different mobs you wont draw aggro from the other 2 when you hit 1 of them. though you might think aoe'ing is the best way to wipe them out quickly, i find its more efficient to just take them 1 by 1

i wouldnt recommend soloing this as a light armor or heavy armored magic user.

when you get to the mobs right before the boss (8 of them) organized in this formation (::::)
    attack the ones in the lower left or right corners first. this only draws aggression from 3 at a time, repeat on the other side and then there are only 2 mobs left. this way you will never have more than 3 on you
  • AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you can solo fb19 in your 40s i did it at lvl 42 with **** gear i never tried fb 29 but I'm assuming you can in your 60s you might even be able to solo a fb39 in your 70s if you have really good gear
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    you might even be able to solo a fb39 in your 70s if you have really good gear
    67 full mag cleric, robe of blood might +2, all other gear from quests or 1-2* with hp bonuses, about 6-8 g5 hp shards, total hp ~2.1k unbuffed. Not exactly soloed it but tanked 2 and 3 bosses easily, and 1st boss was tankable as well (may be with charm). Other mobs are joke. The only problem is mob formation right after 2nd boss. 5 of them, all close-ranged and exposive... this hurts even through plume shell. Still possible i think.
    --
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    fb39 is a really hard one, i see barbs getting their life to half only from the explosions, i don't think any sort of Cleric can tank that much dmg without a charm or apothecary items, if you have a puller though things change. The best class for fb39 is veno I think, they can possibly solo it easier than the rest, getting mobs one by one makes a difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    67 full mag cleric, robe of blood might +2, all other gear from quests or 1-2* with hp bonuses, about 6-8 g5 hp shards, total hp ~2.1k unbuffed. Not exactly soloed it but tanked 2 and 3 bosses easily, and 1st boss was tankable as well (may be with charm). Other mobs are joke. The only problem is mob formation right after 2nd boss. 5 of them, all close-ranged and exposive... this hurts even through plume shell. Still possible i think.

no you didnt.

my hp is is 2500 and those fb 39 boss melee attacks take out about half my hp. no way any cleric is doing that with or without a charm unless they are well over lv 70 and with excellent gear
  • Blytz - Sanctuary
    Blytz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Earliest I did FB 19 was at 40. Cyclone kited the boss down the clear path I made to the first room (human FB) and then ran through him and kited back to his room,rinse and repeat. It took a health pot everytime I got hit to get to full health. I also got really unlucky on one of the 3 soldier ant pulls (2/3 had inc. life, go figure.) All in all, it took me about 40 lvl 30 health pots and 10 mana pots.
  • Blytz - Sanctuary
    Blytz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    no you didnt.

my hp is is 2500 and those fb 39 boss melee attacks take out about half my hp. no way any cleric is doing that with or without a charm unless they are well over lv 70 and with excellent gear

Sorry for the double post, but I have to note that the dodo boss (forget the name) range attacks with a stacking fire debuff that is no trouble at all for a cleric. Or at least that's what I remember when the veno pulled off her magmite on that fight.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    FB 19 - Easy to solo by level 40.

FB29 - Possible by 50, I think but the Skeletiven lieutenats next to Qingzi can be a hassle if you can't 1 shot them because once they start throwing their AoE, just give up you will 'interrupt' every spell.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree-fb19 is possible in low 40s; I didn't try 29 until the 60s and it was doable then, but could possibly be done earlier.

Just as a note though, it IS possible for light armour clerics to do the fb39 bosses in the 60s. The first boss hits arcane really hard because it has physical attacks, but it's definitely survivable with the extra pdef. I had a really bad party wipe situation at lvl 61 where the mobs around 1st boss weren't pulled correctly and everyone died except a 5x bm. I went back to town while the bm held aggro on the boss. Just as I got back to the boss and started healing, the bm died. I managed to tank and kill the boss [thank god for ironheart]. The other two use magic attacks so they are a bit easier. Also, several 3*** items dropped as well so my lvl wasn't too high to prevent drops.

So yeah, maybe if you wine fb39 it's doable in the 60s.
    edited May 2009
    You can't wine FB39, you need the mobs.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The OP was talking about soloing, so I assumed these runs were for drops and untabbed. In that case, wine on 39 is a smart option.
    edited May 2009
    The OP asked soloing FB, he never mentioned why don't assume.

Wine on FB39 is not a smart option.
    FB39 is not supposed to be soloed.

The OP would have to be extreamly stupid to solo FB 19, 29, or 39 because the Charm usage, time, The fact the MOLDs in those FBs suck.

Why bother?
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Wine on FB39 is not a smart option.
    FB39 is not supposed to be soloed.
    In fact, on my first server fb39 was farmed for wheel of fate molds, most valuable drop in this fb. Now it's pointless of course.
    The OP would have to be extreamly stupid to solo FB 19, 29, or 39 because the Charm usage, time, The fact the MOLDs in those FBs suck.
    Why bother?
    Darkness stamps or how it is called in PWI. Those things that give rep. Killing bosses is not even necessary.
    --
  • DivineReign - Harshlands
    DivineReign - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well for others it could be easy but some clerics i say should be speacialy speced. b:victory
  • Kasiel - Lost City
    Kasiel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, i got 2.6k p.def and about 2-2.1k hp, i am lvl 77, as you can see and full int, so I have 5.4k m.dmg. I can do fb19 without even blinking...and started at around lvl 50ish, fb29 is easy as well, just use some brains to kill mobs that are close together. The boss is a joke, does 160-350dmg to me with around 7k m.def. fb39 is a bit tougher, but right now i can solo it, the first p.dmg boss hits me for 300-400 dmg, so thats not too much, if I cast 2-3 ironhearts and shoot, its fine. With the 5 splodin mobs, clear the area around them and one spark, tempest, razor feathers, run, cyclone, heal, cyclone, heal and kill em one by one.

The explosions are magical, so barbs get a lot more dmg than clerics. I only get about 400-500 per explosion.
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Somewhere in my 40-levels, I'd say late 40s, I soloed the Den of Wolves by myself, untabbed obviously. No charms, and I was STUPID and didn't buy pots before I went (spur of the moment), so I just took it slow and pulled the mobs and meditated to get MP back before continuing. The boss was really no biggie, except that I ran out of MP and I had no more pots so I literally had to run around the room in circles with Rend Razorjaw on my tail while I waited for MP to regen so I could hit him for his last bit of health, haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:cute then im special i soloed fb19 at lv 3x
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    im a cleric and i did fb 19 alone at lvl 50, fb 29.. because of some mess i had to tank fb 29 boss qingzi and yes it is possible but another cleric had to heal me, fb 39 dont think yet im lvl 62 but can only take about 5hits from those boss may be possible if 2 clerics would heal you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
This discussion has been closed.