very important barbian pvp questions

nickcarullo
nickcarullo Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Barbarian
since i always like the tankers in every game cause they always seem to be the best in pvp??

what weapon makes the barbarian do the most damage?

and what class do you guys think is best for pvp in this game??
Post edited by nickcarullo on

Comments

• CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    for barbs, double axe=win. just make sure u SPAM those skills.

barb is the best. for sure. ill show u evidence:

Blademaster: anit-stun pots. all i have to say =\
    Wizard: mage class: low defense and hp. u know what happens. =\
    Venomancer: once again, mage class. pheonixes are a different story.
    Barbarian: watch out, they'll kick ur ****.(unless u are also a barb b:pleased)
    Cleric: another mage class.
    Archer: accuracy pots. all i have to say =\
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009

You still can't kill them...Plus even with anti-stun pots, you're lose more money in charms than they will.

Good mages will distance shrink/teleport back. Plus, because they're range, it's nearly impossible to keep up with them in the air if they just kite around. Endgame mages will be the ones that kill you, given their extreme damage.
    A venomancer can debuff you, amplify you, stun you...
    Try killing a cleric in open PVP when he/she has plume shell on. Plus, they can sleep you indefinitely, bind you, etc. No way to kill them 1v1 unless you get the jump on them, stun and perdition.
    All an archer has to do is stun you/bind you and walk back, and voila, you can reach them with only one skill.

Pking with a barb is all about surprise and speed. Best way to pk is in a team, where often times you'll be ignored. Thus, people will forget to fly away from you or bind you, etc, and once that happens, you can get close and lay down the smack while they're focused on a DD.

In a 1v1 situation where they already know you're there, chances for you are slim. You might not die, but hell, good luck killing anything. Only times you'll succeed are when you're lucky; either you get chained zerks/crits or a berserked crit, or your opponent is just an idiot who thinks they can tank you.
  • Harken - Harshlands
    Harken - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    u make it seen tat barbs ar the worst pvp class...b:surrender
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barbs are the worst damaging PvP class.
    Barbs are the best surviving in PvP.

Under 50 we dont do so bad, except that our accuracy is ****. Post 50 the other arcane classes catch up a bit. At higher levels all that Arravis says is true.
    Our damage is only a real threat to Arcanes and then only when you get lucky with a stun or such.

Was 1v1 with a 86 cleric the other day in cube. I would have killed her, if I could recover from her sleep.

Btw, do anti stun pots cover sleep?
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You still can't kill them...Plus even with anti-stun pots, you're lose more money in charms than they will.

Frankly... you're doing it wrong if you can't kill a same lvl BM with an anti-stun pot ( the 12 second ones)

Wait right till their hiero is about to tic then...
    Antistun+Spark+devour+skill spam after hiero tic = dead bm.

Btw, do anti stun pots cover sleep?

They cover ALL movement debuffs including sleep, paralyze, stun, slow etc
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firefang11
    firefang11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    all i have to say is get the drop on them like run up real close and when they run back away from you they ae most likely gonna try to pk you. so stun then peirce armor then perditation (not the pwi term for it i think) and then if they aren't dead yet...good luck
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    u make it seen tat barbs ar the worst pvp class...b:surrender

Saying a class is the worst still varies on what you mean. Barbs are practically the worst 1 v 1. They wreck havoc when fighting amongst parties.
    Frankly... you're doing it wrong if you can't kill a same lvl BM with an anti-stun pot ( the 12 second ones)

Wait right till their hiero is about to tic then...
    Antistun+Spark+devour+skill spam after hiero tic = dead bm.

That's assuming too many things: 1) You haven't used any other pill recently 2) You have two sparks on you 3) All your skills are perfectly cooldowned to spam after you sparked and right after his hiero ticked.

Using your argument, I could also say a cleric, mage, or archer can solo kill a barb, right? Somehow, it seems having 2+ sparks and a good pot popped right before/after someone's hiero ticked could kill just about anyone regardless of class.

EDIT:

Just a note about the barbarian's sparking...I was once joking around with one of my friends, a pro, up-and-coming battle cleric, and told him, "Once I get my triple spark, THEN you'll see how fast I can take you down!"

He bluntly replied: "YOUR triple spark? You think I stay and fight archers after I see them triple spark?"

To put it in simple terms, what he meant was is that no right-minded pvper would sit still and let him/herself got socked in the head after anyone sparks. Unforunately for us, it's very easy to defy a barbarian's spark eruption; just keep running away from him for a few seconds, and it'll wear off. Likewise with the archer, a cleric would sleep the archer instead of trying to fight head on; either that, or run back until the spark wears off.

Not quite sure what BMs you've been killing with your double spark, but I'd have to say, they probably weren't very smart ones...
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Damn Arravis, with all this well-minded reasoning and debate, using logical well thought out ideas, I forgot I was on the PWI forums.

I think DT is right about being able to kill a BM, but again, you need the element of surprise, and the circumstances need to be just right for it to work. Otherwise BM vs. WB is horrendously boring.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    FYI -- Clerics can beat barbs...you just have to know how to do it b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Saying a class is the worst still varies on what you mean. Barbs are practically the worst 1 v 1. They wreck havoc when fighting amongst parties.

That's assuming too many things: 1) You haven't used any other pill recently 2) You have two sparks on you 3) All your skills are perfectly cooldowned to spam after you sparked and right after his hiero ticked.

Using your argument, I could also say a cleric, mage, or archer can solo kill a barb, right? Somehow, it seems having 2+ sparks and a good pot popped right before/after someone's hiero ticked could kill just about anyone regardless of class.

EDIT:

Just a note about the barbarian's sparking...I was once joking around with one of my friends, a pro, up-and-coming battle cleric, and told him, "Once I get my triple spark, THEN you'll see how fast I can take you down!"

He bluntly replied: "YOUR triple spark? You think I stay and fight archers after I see them triple spark?"

To put it in simple terms, what he meant was is that no right-minded pvper would sit still and let him/herself got socked in the head after anyone sparks. Unforunately for us, it's very easy to defy a barbarian's spark eruption; just keep running away from him for a few seconds, and it'll wear off. Likewise with the archer, a cleric would sleep the archer instead of trying to fight head on; either that, or run back until the spark wears off.

Not quite sure what BMs you've been killing with your double spark, but I'd have to say, they probably weren't very smart ones...

Just a note about anti-stun pots on a wr:
    A lot of warriors will try to stunlock after your spark, rather than run. Also, many won't notice the anti-stun icon on your char until you resist them once or twice. So a lot of warriors will be pretty screwed when you use anti-stun. I noticed a few times too that when i stun a warrior back, and break up their timing, it takes them a little while to get back into it, and gives me a nice opening to beat them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    ...you need the element of surprise, and the circumstances need to be just right for it to work. Otherwise BM vs. WB is horrendously boring.

Enough debate, I think that pretty much sums up the truth of it all b:surrender

Saying that a BM won't realize you're going to pop an anti-stun on them in a clear 1 v 1 would make that BM a pretty stupid one, imo.
  • Everix - Lost City
    Everix - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:victory I've never used any sort of PK pot in pvp or duels. *Shrugs* I rely on my skills and my heiro....

Personally I hate fighting a blademaster, just some long drawn out grudge-match made in hell.

Stacked Heals > WereBeast
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I saw a lvl60 heavy armor Cleric in fox form beating the **** out of a lvl67 barb, she was even using that bee-like pet, no phoenix and such. I could never thought that a barb would lose to a fox in a melee combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _focker_ - Lost City
    _focker_ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LOL a EP in foxform?
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2009

EDIT:

I never see you pvp, I know why now. You obviously don't know much about it.

Why the hell would I try to attack a warrior if I didn't have or had close to 2 sparks 1v1? Let alone if I was 1v1 a wr why wouldn't I have all my skills ready to use? Your argument makes 0 sense tbh

Bm's are heavy and 99% of them truly believe they can tank a double spark form a similar level melee.

I've killed people like Centurion, Jamay, Razorstone, Cbastor( haven't fought him since he hit 90 though) etc.

NOTICE I said to spark in kitty form? There is no animation so people are usually stupid enough to not pay attention.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I never see you pvp, I know why now. You obviously don't know much about it.

Figured you'd say something like that about me sooner or later.

And no, I do not PVP all that much anymore because GZ lacks fun KOSes ever since we ceasefired RQ. The only real pk fights we get these days are vs all the 95+ cash-shop wh-res from Spectral.
    Why the hell would I try to attack a warrior if I didn't have or had close to 2 sparks 1v1? Let alone if I was 1v1 a wr why wouldn't I have all my skills ready to use? Your argument makes 0 sense tbh

And if that fails, there's no longer any way to kill the BM then? Exactly going back to what I was saying earlier. If you have two sparks ready with the right pots and all your good skills cooldowned, it doesn't matter what class you are or fighting against, you'll probably kill them anyways. Proves nothing.

I've killed people like Centurion, Jamay, Razorstone, Cbastor( haven't fought him since he hit 90 though) etc.

None of these are really much good tbh...cbastor has always failed, and Razorstone just has nothing but gears he gets from being Leader of Integrity.
    NOTICE I said to spark in kitty form? There is no animation so people are usually stupid enough to not pay attention.

Again, you're making blatantly stupid assumptions about other people. If someone was terrible enough not to notice the barb freeze up with extra buffs pop up under his name or see a resist, that's because they're fail, not because you're superpro.
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Good mages will distance shrink/teleport back. Plus, because they're range, it's nearly impossible to keep up with them in the air if they just kite around. Endgame mages will be the ones that kill you, given their extreme damage.

A venomancer can debuff you, amplify you, stun you...

Try killing a cleric in open PVP when he/she has plume shell on. Plus, they can sleep you indefinitely, bind you, etc. No way to kill them 1v1 unless you get the jump on them, stun and perdition.

All an archer has to do is stun you/bind you and walk back, and voila, you can reach them with only one skill.

Pking with a barb is all about surprise and speed. Best way to pk is in a team, where often times you'll be ignored. Thus, people will forget to fly away from you or bind you, etc, and once that happens, you can get close and lay down the smack while they're focused on a DD.

In a 1v1 situation where they already know you're there, chances for you are slim. You might not die, but hell, good luck killing anything. Only times you'll succeed are when you're lucky; either you get chained zerks/crits or a berserked crit, or your opponent is just an idiot who thinks they can tank you.

Actually, GriminflameZ proved the fact that WB can kill BMs. It isn't really that hard just takes a small amount of luck and good timing. Any class can kill ANY class. Just depends on amount of money spent on gears and skill.
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Actually, GriminflameZ proved the fact that WB can kill BMs. It isn't really that hard just takes a small amount of luck and good timing.

Flamez was Flamez, and that's still only him, no other. That's like saying archers pwn everything because Yoshiki can, or phoenix-less veno's can kill anyone because Cancer can do it.

Funny how the say it isn't all that hard...Maybe it isn't, but I'd assume the sheer luck involved would be rather hard to keep up with.
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Flamez was Flamez, and that's still only him, no other. That's like saying archers pwn everything because Yoshiki can, or phoenix-less veno's can kill anyone because Cancer can do it.

Funny how the say it isn't all that hard...Maybe it isn't, but I'd assume the sheer luck involved would be rather hard to keep up with.

Dude it is NOT hard. Dual spark with some XS when they're at like 51% and hope for some serk/crits. That's ALL that FlameZ and Deity did against eachother. If you paid attention you'd know that. I watched 90% of their fights and laughed at them not using many skills after 9x, then I noticed that one still won at the end. They Furied many times, like I said 1v1ing other WB or BM's is not impossible. Just expensive as hell.
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Dude it is NOT hard. Dual spark with some XS when they're at like 51% and hope for some serk/crits. That's ALL that FlameZ and Deity did against eachother. If you paid attention you'd know that. I watched 90% of their fights and laughed at them not using many skills after 9x, then I noticed that one still won at the end. They Furied many times, like I said 1v1ing other WB or BM's is not impossible. Just expensive as hell.

Allow me to rephrase myself. I did not state that it was hard in skill, I stated that it was hard in luck. Button-mashing itself is not very difficult at all. Quite clearly, that hasn't gotten into your head yet, but I don't think you would understand, seeing that you haven't even reached a level to wear the XS yet.

Again, using both Flamez and Deity as examples is just ridiculous, seeing that both had GX which were dual-socketed, with Flamez's at +9 and Deity's at +10. Flamez was a good pvper, but still had average hp shards in his armor and was a dex build, which could equate to him losing; Deity's was stacked, but still a terrible PVPer. A BM not using skills to try and take down a barbarian is just dumb.
  • Unconquered - Lost City
    Unconquered - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Arravis its not hard hell spark + devour and auto swing for zerk crit b:chuckle
    pop anti stun for warrior, if you have duels like flamez vs diety where kiting isnt allowed it will come to an end, just may take a while and neither of them cared how much charm was spent in the 1v1. Also, deity could spark dragon with chi pots and wait for zerk. Melee's tend to shy away from melee fights, those two could care less.

Also, months ago when they were the higher levels they seemed tough, now I'm sure most people would eat them alive. Athran for example has comparable gear (with Deity) and he doesnt have the same intimidation factor people had months ago when most were undergeared or not even 90.

with heavy phoenixes (or even light with decent gear) flying everywhere now, flamez and diety wouldnt manage to do anything, im not even sure they could kill Shameless, one of the worse heavy venos atm.

b:bye
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited May 2009

Again, I did not state it was hard in terms of button-mashing. A monkey could do that, but luck and chances will vary.
    ...where kiting isnt allowed...neither of them cared how much charm was spent in the 1v1...those two could care less.
    My point exactly. Watching those two fight doesn't make you understand how WR vs WB pvp works.
    Athran for example has comparable gear (with Deity) and he doesnt have the same intimidation factor people had months ago when most were undergeared or not even 90
    But I have yet to see a WB down him 1 v 1 in open pk b:bye Again, Deity was not that great of a PVPer.
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    pop anti stun for warrior, if you have duels like flamez vs diety where kiting isnt allowed it will come to an end, just may take a while and neither of them cared how much charm was spent in the 1v1. Also, deity could spark dragon with chi pots and wait for zerk. Melee's tend to shy away from melee fights, those two could care less.

Also, months ago when they were the higher levels they seemed tough, now I'm sure most people would eat them alive. Athran for example has comparable gear (with Deity) and he doesnt have the same intimidation factor people had months ago when most were undergeared or not even 90.

with heavy phoenixes (or even light with decent gear) flying everywhere now, flamez and diety wouldnt manage to do anything, im not even sure they could kill Shameless, one of the worse heavy venos atm.

b:bye

Thank you. You actually make sense on this matter.
  • AooAoon - Heavens Tear
    AooAoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ....This post almost made me cry because it made it sound like Barbs will have the hardest time to 1v1 with any class.

Wizard = unless its +9 with massive hp, give me a break.. they need to read a whole book to cast one magic on you.

Cleric = come on now..

BM = ...... come on now.... sunder will solve all the problems... no anti pot nothing,,, just sunder.

Barb = ... who ever gets most lucky stuns.

Veno = Very Very Very hard......

I think from hardest to easiest (generally, +8~+9 cash shop wh-res not included)

Veno -> Barb -> BM -> Cleric -> Wizard.

The order will change as soon as if any of those class gets +7 ~+9 items..

Thus.... for 1v1, its matter of whos the better cash -shop lover.

Once again.. I've only dueled a lot and not 1v1 (pk).
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    Bolinhas - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009

So that's why you're not counting the hiero, that's what makes us Barbies close to invulnerable.

Once again, I'll just say this: the outcome of the battle depends on the skill of the player

I won't trash in the forums anyone I've defeated in PvP, but I'll tell you this: you can beat anyone that sucks at the game the same way you can't someone that owns (except if they're of a much lower level, which is the cowardly choice)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ....This post almost made me cry because it made it sound like Barbs will have the hardest time to 1v1 with any class.

Wizard = unless its +9 with massive hp, give me a break.. they need to read a whole book to cast one magic on you.

Cleric = come on now..

BM = ...... come on now.... sunder will solve all the problems... no anti pot nothing,,, just sunder.

Barb = ... who ever gets most lucky stuns.

Veno = Very Very Very hard......

I think from hardest to easiest (generally, +8~+9 cash shop wh-res not included)

Veno -> Barb -> BM -> Cleric -> Wizard.

The order will change as soon as if any of those class gets +7 ~+9 items..

Thus.... for 1v1, its matter of whos the better cash -shop lover.

You've forgotten about Archer, can you tell me how well we'd do against them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    Bolinhas - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You've forgotten about Archer, can you tell me how well we'd do against them?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92401&page=2 check this thread and the other pages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimjawinflamez
    grimjawinflamez Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Actually the cycle was wait until 55ish% and then triple fury followed by "Devour" to tick their heiro and reduce physical defense by 50% and you tried to do this all at the time when they forgot to throw up their sutra, all in all u let it auto swing after that... but good try war nub b:angry
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    for barbs, double axe=win. just make sure u SPAM those skills.

Barbarian: watch out, they'll kick ur ****.(unless u are also a barb b:pleased)

haha while barbs are a great pvp class you're really over-exaggerating.
    Blademaster: if you anti-stun pot i'll just switch to pole and farstrike/drakes ray then kite you, even if i just stand there and fight you unless you get lucky you wont deal enough damage to get through my charm
    Wizard: wizards can tele... they only need a couple hits to own you
    venomancer: since you're a big bad barb why dont you own them while they have bramble hood on :D
    cleric: plume shell, they can heal, kite, and still do great damage
    archer: -30 seconds later- miss miss miss miss

when you bring pots into the picture it really makes it complicated, like what if i use an invincibility pot, doesnt mean bm is the best class -_-
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2009

when you bring pots into the picture it really makes it complicated, like what if i use an invincibility pot, doesnt mean bm is the best class -_-

I believe having and USING apothecary pots still means skills. Which means any class can own any class if the player has the right skills. Which means I didn't really get to the bottom of this. b:shutup