Will or are there going to be any prepaid cards outside of America??

Dalgon - Lost City
Dalgon - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Hey
I've noticed there has been a lot of talk about the new pre-paid cards for Zen.
Yet I live in Sydney Australia and haven't found any...
So I figured that they weren't any Pre-paid cards outside of america.
I'm asking will PW ever bring out to down under?
Thx
btw i no the name is dumb lol i didn't try to make one up or anything while i was regestering
PPS: I've my english sux thats because i got to a german school
go figure....
Post edited by Dalgon - Lost City on

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    They don't care about Australia, deal with it.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • featherfear
    featherfear Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was wondering the same for the UK. Its very unfair that the game is 'International' but yet they run competitions using these cards that only people in America can enter!!!

yay b:sad
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hey
    I've noticed there has been a lot of talk about the new pre-paid cards for Zen.
    Yet I live in Sydney Australia and haven't found any...
    So I figured that they weren't any Pre-paid cards outside of america.
    I'm asking will PW ever bring out to down under?
    Thx
    btw i no the name is dumb lol i didn't try to make one up or anything while i was regestering
    PPS: I've my english sux thats because i got to a german school
    go figure....

I hope so..
    I wouldn't think it'd be as easy as it would be to sell in the country they are based out of. Give it some more time.
  • Vallerie - Lost City
    Vallerie - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    don't know if any of you have actually done international business but getting things across borders is a lengthy process. you may wonder why would they hold contests that only deal with the american population. its because it could be quicker way for them to get their product to other countries. if target/7-11 sees that these cards are profitable, they may be willing to shell out the cash to get the cards cross borders for PWI.

i worked with a up and coming router company in the u.s. and this is pretty much the same process they went through. they got into a major brick and mortar on a trial basis. once we showed that we were profitable that major chain bought more and more routers and started shelling out their own dough for marketing and getting more of our products into each and every store.

so be patient young ones. there will be a day that this contest will be more than just for americans.
  • Darksky - Heavens Tear
    Darksky - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    They don't care about Australia, deal with it.

.. sigh ..

Anyways, i agree, that Pre-Paid cards would come kinda handy, a lot of peeps outside America want it right to the next door =) ..

Think of it GM's ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh noes...my avatar is bald b:shockedb:shocked <
    WTF b:laughb:laugh
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Americans tend to think their 50 states are "International" they even name some comps "World Championship" when its US teams only. Same goes with this game, its ment for US but named Int.

I've read somewhere that there will be a EU version of the game coming later anyways.
  • Free - Harshlands
    Free - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Americans tend to think their 50 states are "International" they even name some comps "World Championship" when its US teams only. Same goes with this game, its ment for US but named Int.

I've read somewhere that there will be a EU version of the game coming later anyways.

u fail pretty bad :)

there is an official european version, which lost alot of customers due to an f**ed up contract. Harshland is more or less the server to attract the europeans and also got most europeans playing. though ur on harshlands u didnt recognize, that Crimson is at least 75% european?
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i wish they would bring some out in the UK =[
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Americans tend to think their 50 states are "International"

Since the game's origin is China, the version for the Americas is (one of) the international versions relative to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Will or are there going to be any prepaid cards outside of America??

Whenever the PW staff officially announces that they are.
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    Gau - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks guys,now I feel bad for being an american..you all suck b:cry
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    thx guys for the responses
    i guess it would be a very stupid marketing project for perfect world because only like 5 people play in australia...
    i guess im gonna have to wait for a couple of years till i can get a credit card...
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    Gau - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Or Dalgon,do you have any real good american friends that you trust,you could mail them $10 USD and have them give you a pre-paid card code
  • Intrinsic - Lost City
    Intrinsic - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i guess it would be a very stupid marketing project for perfect world because only like 5 people play in australia...
    i guess im gonna have to wait for a couple of years till i can get a credit card...
    I've played a variety of games and it's always the same, I've never seen pre-paid cards in Australia.
    ..and FYI Target Australia is actually a different company to Target in the USA.
    Or Dalgon,do you have any real good american friends that you trust,you could mail them $10 USD and have them give you a pre-paid card code
    This is a great idea. Alothough using a money transfer service like WesternUnion might be more advisable than sending cash. Those services have a fee, however. But at least its secure.
    Also, I've seen some people selling various pre-paid game cards on eBay.

Presuming you don't have a credit card...

PayPal allows you to draw from your funds in a bank account to make your purchases. You need to wait a few days for your bank funds to clear, but its better than no gold!!

I don't know how old you are but people under 18 used to be able to get a Pre-Paid debit card. It works like a VISA (it IS a visa) but only spends the money you put on it, and you don't need to attach it to a bank account. I think they cost $20 to purchase and after that you reload it. The main company doing this was called Bopo and has unfortunately gone bankrupt, so I cannot recommend another service.

Failing this... You could ask a friend or relative really nicely if they could use their credit card if you gave them the cash =D
    _ _ _ _ _

I feel you on this - Australia gets left out of alot of the gaming world. We are further away, there are less people in the country in the first place and therefore less people to buy products and use services. This makes it alot less viable for overseas companies to meet our needs (and wants!) But this is also where PayPal comes in handy.
  • Rahyven - Heavens Tear
    Rahyven - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree with Dalgons comments. I use PayPal to get my gold but it does seem unfair that being from a country where the cards are not available that this makes it impossible for us to be eligible to enter these contests. I understand that PWI wishes to promote the use of these cards in an effort to make them available to a larger amount of people and from different countries. I am also from Australia and can not see these cards ever making their way down under. I just don't think the market is there for them to be viable here.

Til then it is nice that PWI occasionally has promotions like last weekend where we get bonus ZEN. This goes a long way to appeasing disgruntled punters.

Visa debit cards are now available from nearly every major bank nowadays so if you go see your branch you should be able to get one. It wont be too long before PayPal will be your friend also....
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I have a Debit card
    but ur not allowed to get a debit card that u can use on the internet unless ur over 18...
    and the only people i no in america are the ones that are in my guild or friends in PW
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The GMs said they are working on some similar contests for areas outside the US, not sure if it'll be prepaid cards.

I'd like to see something like: Everytime you charge 1000 zhen your account is entered into a contest to win a special mount(Nine/Panda/Boa/HH or w/e) with weekly drawing.

Also can't all debit cards be used for online transactions?, I've had one since I was 14 and it's always been able to do that.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Davechapelle - Sanctuary
    Davechapelle - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have a Debit card
    but ur not allowed to get a debit card that u can use on the internet unless ur over 18...
    and the only people i no in america are the ones that are in my guild or friends in PW

just use paypal mate, you can link it to your bank account and bang, instant cash...i'm from Aus too, i'm pretty sure there's a few of us around
  • Orfina - Dreamweaver
    Orfina - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why not use MOL Point game payment system? I know MOL is global, it even had a MOL SG for my country so i just buy its prepaid card to redeem an epin for some online game that i played. b:victory
  • Matt_ - Sanctuary
    Matt_ - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    not true, theres plenty from aussie (including myself)
    in fact, theres a whole guild with all aussies on sanctuary
    Sanctuary's worst and poorest bm! b:victoryb:surrenderb:cry
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    hey guys
    thx again for ur comments uve really helped me :)
    ive just seen that u can soon charge ur zen over the phone...
    for me i think that that would be the best option because a credit card is not required (unlike payment options listed by PW) an i don't need to have a pre paid card
    thx again for ur comments
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    in most Asian based games, international is actually based for north americans, but still can be played around the world but without some comforts that the north americans get such as the prepaid cards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear
    Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There are more Australians playing this than most of you think

I'm one of them

And yes, I also do wish that prepaid cards would come out here...

But I guess that will remain a pipe dream, at least until i hear an official GM response as to whether prepaid cards will come out to Australia
    Once a Ninja
    Now a Samarai
    Always a BladeMaster

I am SonicSlashar and I have spoken
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    haha
    with only 5 players from down under i mean not many
    i no there is a fair bit but not enough for PW to bring out Pre-Paid cards^^
    lol no harm was intended
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    u fail pretty bad :)

there is an official european version, which lost alot of customers due to an f**ed up contract. Harshland is more or less the server to attract the europeans and also got most europeans playing. though ur on harshlands u didnt recognize, that Crimson is at least 75% european?

wait im from europe but why would i need to play harshlands? ( i live in Europe Slovenija
    > http://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenija click the language you want on the left side )
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    well b4 they bring out pre-paid cards outside of america
    they should first put a server in europe an australasia
    THAT would make more sense^^
  • Dark_Tiger - Lost City
    Dark_Tiger - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    will this prepaid card come to sweden?
    or when can i buy zen with my cell phone?