Almost lost contest whoaa

Options
Paulita - Dreamweaver
Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Ok so first of all i spent $90 on cards and im proud because i won, however the first $50 i actually used on CUTIETOES, my main. I made $40 of card purchases more on my current character Paulita. As i read the winners, i noticed my main won the 9tails (with just 50 bucks) and my second character won 2nd place (40bucks)

ooh ok whoa so if you actually use the gold you purchased in total on a certain character here and there, it counts as two different submissions? never knew, so then i won ninetails with only 50 bucks rather than the full 90 because the other 40 i used on paulita, which is why she made it to 2nd place.

point im making is, i hope no1 spent the same amount of money as me and lost out on the contest because of the distribution system between characters b:cry anyway im happy i got both prizes anyway, love you all gratz to all of us with fox mounts!!b:dirty
b:shocked
Post edited by Paulita - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• takaidira
    takaidira Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok so first of all i spent $90 on cards and im proud because i won, however the first $50 i actually used on CUTIETOES, my main. I made $40 of card purchases more on my current character Paulita. As i read the winners, i noticed my main won the 9tails (with just 50 bucks) and my second character won 2nd place (40bucks)

ooh ok whoa so if you actually use the gold you purchased in total on a certain character here and there, it counts as two different submissions? never knew, so then i won ninetails with only 50 bucks rather than the full 90 because the other 40 i used on paulita, which is why she made it to 2nd place.

point im making is, i hope no1 spent the same amount of money as me and lost out on the contest because of the distribution system between characters b:cry anyway im happy i got both prizes anyway, love you all gratz to all of us with fox mounts!!b:dirty

that is kinda stupid if u think about it u got 2 mounts meaning u took 1 from someone on the server, if the gms did it truely random that shouldnt be possibley....

this event was a failure
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    takaidira wrote: »
    that is kinda stupid if u think about it u got 2 mounts meaning u took 1 from someone on the server, if the gms did it truely random that shouldnt be possibley....

this event was a failure

Main won the 2nd prize

Read more, B**** less b:victory
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No, main won the 1st (Ninetails Mount) and alt won the 2nd prize (10 black dyes).
  • takaidira
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Main won the 2nd prize

Read more, B**** less b:victory

so dosent matter means they didnt random it>< u ***** more since u won>< bring on the flam
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh no i didnt get 2 mounts, I won the first prize (nine tails) with my main CUTIETOES because i paid 50 bucks and obught an item on boutique or two. Then about 2 days later i bought 40 dollars more but I bought boutique items on Paulita, my second character. What I noticed is in total it ewas 90, but because i used the actual gold on different characters, I won 9tails on my main and the 10 pure black dye on my second character.

Which means it was divided into 2 different winning possibilities for me. What I was wonderiing is, what if someone bought 50 bucks also and COULD'VE made the top 5 BUT didn't make it because they bought gold on a diferent character...anyway i wish i was wrong but winning both 1st and 2nd prize with both characters seems to show that
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    so dosent matter means they didnt random it>< u ***** more since u won><

I could be mad I didnt win both.

b:byeb:bye
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Each card was supposed to be an entry, supposedly meaning that if you bought 8 $10 cards thats 10 chances.
  • takaidira
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Each card was supposed to be an entry, supposedly meaning that if you bought 8 $10 cards thats 10 chances.

think u mean 8 how do u get 10 form 8 cards?
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options

Ahh okay so it was a random choice depending who bought the gold, okay okay. So then i got super lucky lol thank you for explaining that. All this time i thought the contest was who bought the most cards lol
  • Vallerie - Lost City
    Vallerie - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    9/9000 = .001% chances of winning 1st

you splitting the cards between 2 characters doesn't change the chances, it only changes the chances of you getting 2nd

if you win 1st, usually you can't win 2nd. since you split between 2 characters you now have 9 - x where x is the amount split to 1st prize winning character. you now have a 4/8995 chance.

4/8995 = .004%

you are one very, very, very lucky person. also, my math is very basic on this, there are more variables on a random drawing with multiple winners. >_<
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    think u mean 8 how do u get 10 form 8 cards?

My bad, 8 $10 cards = 8 chances. Thanksb:chuckle
  • pwnboy6
    pwnboy6 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thats so weak.. this guy gets 2 prizes... and i spent 50+ and get sht ... sweet sweet event
  • infrared02
    infrared02 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if it was whoever bought the most wins, then i highestly doubt u'd win with a mere 5 lol
    im sure the rich people would have 20s 30s maybe even more entries
  • pwnboy6
    edited May 2009
    Options
    a mere 5? wtf thats 50 bucks i put into this weak FREE game .... o well never again will i spend money on something so 1 sided....b:bye
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    pwnboy6 wrote: »
    a mere 5? wtf thats 50 bucks i put into this weak FREE game .... o well never again will i spend money on something so 1 sided....b:bye

lol, if you think the game is "weak" why would you play AND spend money on it. Just go to bed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Save the 50 gold to buy the mount when it's inevitably going to be released for everyone to buy.

You lost a random drawing. Did you think you were guaranteed to win?
  • infrared02
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thats what random event are like, dun like it, dun enter just simple as that.
    like buying lotto, waste of money for most, but not for the ones that wins.
  • takaidira
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hawk wrote: »
    Save the 50 gold to buy the mount when it's inevitably going to be released for everyone to buy.

You lost a random drawing. Did you think you were guaranteed to win?

u shouldnt get there hopes up several mounts not avi. and will never be
  • hawk
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'll eat my hat if the ninetails isn't released in the cash shop at some point in time.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'll eat my hat if the ninetails isn't released in the cash shop at some point in time.

i hope its another color or somethin b:sad
  • pwnboy6
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol, if you think the game is "weak" why would you play AND spend money on it. Just go to bed.

ok this is comin from some1 who won.... fk offf......
  • infrared02
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ok this is comin from some1 who won.... fk offf......

happy? =) im not a winner btw
  • takaidira
    edited May 2009
    Options

u do realize alot hasent been released thats been said to be, and others put up for such stupid prices then yanked out jsut as fast? seems to me ploys to make them more money
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    infrared02 wrote: »

happy? =) im not a winner btw

Bang-a-rang!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • hawk
    edited May 2009
    Options
    u do realize alot hasent been released thats been said to be, and others put up for such stupid prices then yanked out jsut as fast? seems to me ploys to make them more money

What's been "said to be" released that hasn't been released yet? And if you don't like what something costs, don't buy it. Easy, right?
  • takaidira
    edited May 2009
    Options

i see u cannot answer>< its ok we know how the game works>< its alright if u cant realize how much a failure that is
  • takaidira
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What's been "said to be" released that hasn't been released yet? And if you don't like what something costs, don't buy it. Easy, right?

ok so u really think its better to spend over 3000 ur money on this game jsut to get things? funny id love to see ur cc bill><

whitch btw in order to get +12 u have to spend 3,000$ >< so do the math
  • pwnboy6
    edited May 2009
    Options
    bla bla bla... like make a good event ... not who can buy the most cards .. wtf is that...... come on...... make a event who can kill the most mobs or sumthing... sumthin every1 can get... not for the rich ones thats bull.....the makers of this game ripppp offf
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If only I could blacklist people on the forums :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    bla bla bla... like make a good event ... not who can buy the most cards .. wtf is that...... come on...... make a event who can kill the most mobs or sumthing... sumthin every1 can get... not for the rich ones thats bull.....the makers of this game ripppp offf

FYI i just bought 2 cards b:lipcurl

So give up
This discussion has been closed.