Some advice on classes

Options
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well, I tried blademaster and to be honest it sucks badly =/

I dunno why, but on mobs my own level (24) I hit around 250's and 500's with skills and have to meditate or use potions after like, 3 kills.
My friend, who's a veno, hit's 1k's with spells, never med's and never needs potions.

So, am I doing something badly wrong or do blademasters just suck? O_o It's kinda embarassing being in a squad and spamming potions or meditation for ages every few kills, and extremely slow leveling, as well as poor cash. I've seen barbarians my level taking mobs in the fb-19 quest that would maul me. Should I be a barbarian? A different class? Is there something I can do to make my blademaster decent? Or can someone convince me blademasters are worth the hassle?
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    it's a lvl thing. at 60 you'll feel better
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    nice advice nev ;p

erm well, for the most part magic users will deal more damage than a blademaster per skill. and typically a barb will always have more hp and phd than you do. but you can custumize a bm far more than any other class in my opinion though, and not to mention in higher lvls you can start making a bit more money and exp aoe grinding :3~
  • Varise - Heavens Tear
    Varise - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What about clerics? I was in Llvl19 and got killed by lvl16 mob three times in a row when I used double blades (strenght was 27, attack near 100, weapons damage ...-101), fighting with magic (strenght 33, attack 196, weapons damage ...-106)I had to heal or bless myself cause I lost half my HP. Im not supposed to concentrate only on one attribute, am I?
    Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.
    -Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well as a cleric you shouldn't really be using dual blades ^^;;
    each class gets a different amount of stat upgrades per skill point attribute added per lvl.
    when fighting mobs as a cleric its generally better to attack with your ranged attacks (plum shot, cyclone, etc) and concentrate on adding magic points cause you'll lack in phd compared to a bm =p

and don't forget ironheart heal spamming it saves lives x3
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, I tried blademaster and to be honest it sucks badly =/

I dunno why, but on mobs my own level (24) I hit around 250's and 500's with skills and have to meditate or use potions after like, 3 kills.
    My friend, who's a veno, hit's 1k's with spells, never med's and never needs potions.

So, am I doing something badly wrong or do blademasters just suck? O_o It's kinda embarassing being in a squad and spamming potions or meditation for ages every few kills, and extremely slow leveling, as well as poor cash. I've seen barbarians my level taking mobs in the fb-19 quest that would maul me. Should I be a barbarian? A different class? Is there something I can do to make my blademaster decent? Or can someone convince me blademasters are worth the hassle?

I'm so jealous of BM's solo abilities, omg... b:sad
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Jibbe - Sanctuary
    Jibbe - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    barbs rock man, choose them \m/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What about clerics? I was in Llvl19 and got killed by lvl16 mob three times in a row when I used double blades (strenght was 27, attack near 100, weapons damage ...-101), fighting with magic (strenght 33, attack 196, weapons damage ...-106)I had to heal or bless myself cause I lost half my HP. Im not supposed to concentrate only on one attribute, am I?

b:shocked i suggest reading the beginners guides or generally a guide to clerics ...

as cleric you wont fight succesfully with dual blades - or any close range weapon for that matter.

we are spell users, so use magic weapon and your spells.

and to the op:
    i recently started a bm, and find myself decently able to handle all mobs just with normal attacks.
    to help with the hp loss during fighting: get either a cleric to buff you, or better yet: use your apothecary skills.
    life powder made my bm able to fight nonstop for those 10mins easily, if you get quests for mobs in same area you can do them pretty fast.
    btw: avoid the cleric buff celestial guardian seal after you pop a life powder. (quite a lot of threads concerning this around already)
    i only used fighting skills on increased defense and increased life mobs then, others are just "select - attack - wait till mob dead - next" b:victory

/edit: make sure you have a decent weapon for your lvl (which you should have from fb19 by now)
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i only used fighting skills on increased defense and increased life mobs then, others are just "select - attack - wait till mob dead - next" b:victory

/edit: make sure you have a decent weapon for your lvl (which you should have from fb19 by now)

Yep that's how it works. I also recommend to add another small feature regarding to physical mobs: select/alter marrow phys/attack - wait till mob's dead. Look at your life meter. Now do same again to the same kind of mob without alter marrow physical. See the difference? And it only takes 20MP so it won't be bother.