FB19s bugged?

Annondae - Sanctuary
Annondae - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm having a really big problem with FB19 quests. Both my cleric and my blademaster made lvl 19 today, so I did their cultivation quests and then went to the respective elder to get the Call to Duty/FB quests. And I do get them.

The problem is that the Xenobeast quests solve themselves as soon as I get them in my quest log, meaning that I'm left with the tabs in my inventory, the "kill this mob in FB cave" quest in my quest log... and no quest itself to use the tabs. I've tried relogging, speaking to the Elders again ( "no suitable quest for you" )... nothing works. I did not help anyone with their FB. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a fluke, but now it just happened again with my BM, and I'm a bit pissed off, to tell the truth.

I know I can go in there, tab, and do the quest despite not having it in my quest log ( that's what a guildie told me, at least ), but there's no chance for me to get my hands on the FB19 weapons.

Any ideas?
Post edited by Annondae - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You just have to kill the mobs to get the weapons... Your party just won't get XP. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hm, try submitting a ticket. If your quest does end up having to be done without the party getting XP, just toss me a PM in game (see sig for character names) if your alts are on Sanc, and I'll help you out ^^
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hopefully I'm understanding what you're saying... There is no quest to use the tab. At 19 you should have Gate to the Dark Lands in your quest log, and it should be asking for you to kill 8 of each Molten Chrysalis and Molten Chilpod. After these mobs are dead the quest will auto-advance and you will now be required to kill Throm the Mighty.

In order to receive the quest from the tab, The Call of Duty, you will need to be the squad leader and "talk" to the pillar either at the entrance to Firecragg Grotto, or at the boss himself.
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    There is no quest to use the tab.

There is. O.o You get the Call to Duty: Xenobeast ( tabs ) quest from the Elder of your respective home town, as well as the quest to go into the FB to kill mobs ( no tabs ). And I did get both quests - it's just that both in the case of my Cleric and my BM, the "Call to Duty: Xenobeast" entered my quest log and then 'solved' itself a few seconds later. I actually got a 'Call to Duty: Xenobeast - COMPLETE' message while still standing in front of the Elders, without ever having set foot in either FB.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There is. O.o You get the Call to Duty: Xenobeast ( tabs ) quest from the Elder of your respective home town, as well as the quest to go into the FB to kill mobs ( no tabs ). And I did get both quests - it's just that both in the case of my Cleric and my BM, the "Call to Duty: Xenobeast" entered my quest log and then 'solved' itself a few seconds later. I actually got a 'Call to Duty: Xenobeast - COMPLETE' message while still standing in front of the Elders, without ever having set foot in either FB.

Yes that's the quest to receive the tabs, which you said you have. There is no quest that stays in your log and tells you to use them. Get a squad and go talk to the pillar, based on the info you have provide it will work just fine.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There is a known thing (it's intentional I think) if you are lvl 30 and go back which it does exactly as you mentioned. It's to prevent queuing of FBS (which is what I am attempting on an alt for giggles).

You will not have the entry for the Xenobeast CTD. It has to do with having to get the tabs within 10 lvls of the FB. If you are 19 though I would submit a ticket. I have also heard though many report doing the current quest (just kill the monsters) and then going back to collect the reward sometimes triggers the CTD. Might be another option as well. If you do a search there' a few threads about the FB 19 issue.
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Okay. The weirdness has ended. Thanks to everyone who replied - especially Daerys, I appreciate your patience.

I have no idea what was wrong. After doing the FB19s for both my Cleric and my BM ( squad did get XP/Rep ), and not getting the weapons for either, I logged back in today to find my Cleric's weapon to magically have appeared in her inventory.

My BM's still wasn't there, but for some reason, my BM now had the "Gate to the Dark Lands" quest again although I'd done that one yesterday. I'd also done the tabbed FB yesterday. So, long story short, grabbed a guildie, killed the mobs and Throm all over again, and got the weapon.

So, yeah. No clue. O.o But, problems solved. Thanks again!