Staying stationary?

Ashieka - Sanctuary
Ashieka - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I know this might be a dumb question, but there are so many details about this game I still don't know. b:cute

Is there some way to stay stationary while clicking, or fighting? For example, when I try to click skeletons, they are so skinny I tend to miss and start running after them. When I use knockback arrow, I push them so far back, I start running after the mob and loose shoot time. Is there a way to keep me from moving? Was thinking something like holding shift while I click or shoot?
Post edited by Ashieka - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    try holding shift, thats how i works on diablo idk lol
  • Ashieka - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    lol You can hold shift? I was just mentioning it, I didn't know you could really do it. b:cute
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    nah just recommending trying it. theres a few stupid hard to click mobs like golden edges, skinny freakin rapier mobs. just get a steady hand and practice if shift doesnt work
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You're the reason people are inventing toilet seats with automatic *** wipers...
    I kid of course. Its just that we need more people willing to experiment than to have everything done for them ;)

Anyhow, what I find a useful tactic is keeping a finger on the wasd keys.
    If you misclick and notice you're about to move somewhere you'd rather not, then just tap one of those keys and you'll stop moving! (Thats given you don't keep trying to click the mob and continually miss).
  • Ashieka - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Hmm? Well ,that isn't very helpful. I use knockback in a macro. If I hit any of the wasd keys it would end it. And yes, sometimes I do keep clicking to try to get a mob if I am in a hurry.

Besides, all I really needed was a yes (with explanation) or a no. I take it the answer is there isn't a way...nuff said.
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know this might be a dumb question, but there are so many details about this game I still don't know. b:cute

Is there some way to stay stationary while clicking, or fighting? For example, when I try to click skeletons, they are so skinny I tend to miss and start running after them. When I use knockback arrow, I push them so far back, I start running after the mob and loose shoot time. Is there a way to keep me from moving? Was thinking something like holding shift while I click or shoot?

just click on them once before you attack. . after that your always clicked on them, knock back arrow or not there always highlighted
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If a mob moves beyond your range, you will always chase after it. You can't, however tempting it is, stand in one spot and keep firing if your knockback has knocked the mob out of your range. However, there is a slight variable in that your character has an 'action range'.

Take, for instance, a party. Your little squad of archer, cleric and barbarian comes under assault from two mobs. The barbarian grabs one mob, the other mob starts hitting on the barbarian as well, the cleric throws a heal at the barbarian, the second mob (who haven't been hit by anything yet) gets angry at the cleric and chases after the cleric. The cleric, being sufficiently sane, runs away with the monster in hot persuit. You, the brave, dashing archer, immediately channels a powerful shot to ensure you get aggro in the first hit.

Now, when you start channeling, the monster is within your skill's range. However, the cleric can't stand still and wait for you to finish channeling, so keeps moving. The monster, still unaggroed (let's assume the barbarian is dumb and continues hitting the same mob), keeps running, bringing the mob who still follows said cleric outside of your skill's range. However, the mob is still within your character's variable "action range", which is about 5 meters BIGGER than your skills' max range.

As long as the monster does not move beyond this action range, your skill will continue channeling and you can attack the monster. Upon executing another attack, you will move towards the monster until it is within the range of your skill, upon which you will execute the new attack. If the monster moves beyond your 'action range', however, the channeled skill is interrupted.