Update Error

evertorn01
evertorn01 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Hey all,

I just downloaded the client and installed it. Now when I try to run the game, it needs to update, but it gives an error. My gameversion is version 1. When the update is running, it takes a few minutes before it gives the following error: File download appear error, try again?.

The next thing I did, was downloading the patch manual. I saved it on my harddisk, and when I select this patch from the updater, it says: Reading the new patch......Update server connection fails, please try other update server. So any update via this way wont work either.

Ive turned off my firewall / virusscan, still it gives the same errors. Ive also got the east language packs installed (since I can see the characters when the updater is trying to retrieve an update).

I also tried to forward port 29000 to my local ip, still, no succes.

Any of you have an idea of how I can fix this update problem?
Post edited by evertorn01 on

Comments

• AtsWarrior - Lost City
    AtsWarrior - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lots of people are having this problem, including me.
    I have seen many topics about this problem and I made too.

I need help too!
  • chibitara
    chibitara Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm also getting the update error and i'm furious because i wasted hrs of my time waiting for the installation.. then having to go through the second installation.. only to get stuck at this part because the update is broken. geez -.-
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Have you tried installing the East-Asian language packs?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• evertorn01
    evertorn01 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    Have you tried installing the East-Asian language packs?

Yep, I installed both the packs given in the link, still no succes. Im using Windows Vista x64, maybe this is the problem?
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Have you disabled UAC and/or ensured that Perfect World has full permissions to run? Also, are you running the game through an administrator account?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• animeangelsakuno
    animeangelsakuno Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi, i m having the same problem! x.x
    i rlly dont know wat to do.. i tried everything that was suggested here in the forums... still it says the same thing.. idk wat to do!! >>.<<
  • forager
    forager Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you run Vista you'll have to run it as an Adminstrator. So, just right click and click on "Run as Adminstrator". Should work, I think :P.
  • deviane
    deviane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i rlly dont know wat to do.. i tried everything that was suggested here in the forums... still it says the same thing.. idk wat to do!! >>.<<

same problem here...i hear if u run the manual patch as administrator works...but dont know how to do that...
  • Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The "Administrator" account has been disabled by default Vista setting.

To login as Administrator, you have to enable the "Administrator" account.

My Computer (right click) --> [Manage] --> [Users and Groups] --> Users --> Administrator --> Properties.

Then, you should use turn on Adminitrator in logon menu by this site.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

You should can logon as "Administrator"
  • deviane
    deviane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009

i download the ime
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=B91AC197-FFA7-45A7-B1E1-C3457E1B0C1F&displaylang=EN

then download the chinese language pack

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DEB6731A-CA36-47A3-B4A0-2A1D19EEFA05&displaylang=en

then run the manual patch

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242

then just wait like 10 min and done...game version 124
  • Kyokoy - Dreamweaver
    Kyokoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i had the same problem
    so i started re-downloading it at the part were it wants the administrators password and keep down loading from there
    then once its finished then put a check in all three boxes and continue
  • grimkreg
    grimkreg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i had to back out of that page( x out) then go back and wait til it asks me about the update start again and then hit continue from where it stopped. it will stop again probally but keep doing that its working for me so far
  • beny669
    beny669 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well actually i have the same problem and i am using Vista i enabled the admin thing but now it still doesn't work and i really don know wat to do now???Can someone pls help me??
  • beny669
    beny669 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    grimkreg wrote: »
    i had to back out of that page( x out) then go back and wait til it asks me about the update start again and then hit continue from where it stopped. it will stop again probally but keep doing that its working for me so far
    The "Administrator" account has been disabled by default Vista setting.

To login as Administrator, you have to enable the "Administrator" account.

My Computer (right click) --> [Manage] --> [Users and Groups] --> Users --> Administrator --> Properties.

Then, you should use turn on Adminitrator in logon menu by this site.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

You should can logon as "Administrator"

I've tried this already the only thing is that i don know how to turn on administrator and where is the logon menu???all of this just makes me mad.b:angryb:angryb:cry
  • Meichin - Sanctuary
    Meichin - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    For some odd reason my computer wont let me update the game. Its still stuck on game version 123 and it wont update it.. So if any of you have any ideas please tell me.
    These i have already tried:
    1. i deleted the whole game and uploaded it again.
    2. i uploaded every patch again (1-52, 52-135, 123-124, 124-135)
    3. it starts to update they game but then it stops to gshop.data
    4. im trying to make it update it everyday with new patch (but some times it says that they have new patch and im trying to upload that new one -.- )
    5. i have tried to update it manualy and automaticly and i tried to verify it

I just dont know what to do :( i hav tried every ways that i know for every days in 2 weeks.. I have never had this problem so dont know what to do anymore.. So please tell me what to do T.T
    Lets warm up our lips <3
  • uneven
    uneven Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I running my comp as a admin and having the exact same problem, runing it on Vista.
    I thought if you downloading the patches it should run as a setup.exe?

Not through the gameclient? wtf? :S And its trying to connect to the server? omg? XD

Well **** this, seemed as a really nice game though ..
  • sayurihanako
    sayurihanako Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I had this problem too, but if you're running Vista, what worked for me and got mine moving again was right clicking the PW icon > Properties > Compatibility > Run in XP compatibility mode.
This discussion has been closed.