Few Cleric questions.

Rowin - Dreamweaver
Rowin - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
My cleric is level 15, just have a few questions to see if this is the right class for me.

Is there any attack difference between a party cleric and a Full Attack cleric?
--(My friend is a party cleric (well, his build is 1 str per 9 Int) but we've partied with Full Atk and Light Armor clerics and they have less MP and Magic Attack than he does...He also does more damage than my archer, and his criticals are like 2 times my criticals...He is maxing his attack skills and his buffs the best he can...Is this good or should he just pick a side and stick with it? Last i checked he was 22 and had like 2-3 skills he wanted to get but didnt have the spirit.)--

How well can clerics solo (mag) bosses? And compared to Wizards?

Is it really true that Clerics are better than mages until level 100-ish?

Are battle clerics wanted more or less in factions/parties/TWs?

Thanks.

******...forgot to switch my portrait...sorry...b:sweat
Post edited by Rowin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My cleric is level 15, just have a few questions to see if this is the right class for me.

--(My friend is a party cleric (well, his build is 1 str per 9 Int) but we've partied with Full Atk and Light Armor clerics and they have less MP and Magic Attack than he does...He also does more damage than my archer, and his criticals are like 2 times my criticals...He is maxing his attack skills and his buffs the best he can...Is this good or should he just pick a side and stick with it? Last i checked he was 22 and had like 2-3 skills he wanted to get but didnt have the spirit.)--

Thanks.

******...forgot to switch my portrait...sorry...b:sweat

1) Many say there is, but in fact there isn't. You are a cleric, and only have different priorities at lower level for skills, while later that priority disappears. Yet the build question is what determine your spell damage/healing capacity, it isn't something that makes you a "party cleric" or "Full Attack". Btw, Full Mag clerics will deal more dmg then archers and wizards at start, but later it gets worse...

2) Yes, they can tank mag bosses, like Qingzi (yes I tanked him on an alt with 37 cleric <.<), Dismal, Krix, Suzerix, etc etc. Compared to wizards... well, they have more Def, while we heal, thus they can't tank it without a cleric either xD

3) Really circumstantial. When you meet total clueless players from both sides, you can only say its a "tie"...

4) Quite wanted, just need experience, and patience...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Yeah... higher lvls the tables will turn.
    It doesnt mean your attacks get worse tho, cleric attack will still be nice really. It just means the others get better cause archers and mages are the original DD and their potential will start showing in the higher lvls. Archers probably crit every other hit. The stats naturally get better and the extra on the gears do too.

IF there is no one healing the wizards... id bid money on the cleric >.>
    DD wise wizards probably show their potential at a lower lv than near 100s but i guess it would depend on how the individual plays it out.

What Aneemah said XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009

We can do just as good as Wizards or better since we can heal ourselves, Wizards would need a Cleric or a charm to keep them alive while the Cleric can stand alone.

Clerics are better on any lvl before lvl100 and at lvl100 they are equal. That's the conclusion I've come to by reading cleric and wizard forums (I have two chars, a Wizard and a Cleric)

Only people that read forums know about "FAC" and "FSC" nonesense, those things don't exist, after lvl60 (when you're no longer a "noob") you will be good at both supporting and attacking if you are not then something's wrong with your Cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    after lvl60 (when you're no longer a "noob") you will be good at both supporting and attacking if you are not then something's wrong with your Cleric.

HAHAHA... that made me laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    HAHAHA... that made me laugh.

...and the reason is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]