pvp at ancient wall

Options
Funlolz - Harshlands
Funlolz - Harshlands Posts: 110 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
in our opinions, we rolled crimson. but to not be biased, we would like to know how crimson felt about it. lets open discussion here.

btw we had 4 deaths in total, as opposed to what seemed like a 3 digit death count for crimson. if it wasnt 3 digit, it was really close b:chuckle
Post edited by Funlolz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Disjoint - Heavens Tear
    Disjoint - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Even if you had 4 deaths and crimson had 100, they probably still think they won.
  • Funlolz - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Even if you had 4 deaths and crimson had 100, they probably still think they won.

truth right there. you and uiztrollin are my favorite blue names ever now b:pleased
  • Khaos - Harshlands
    Khaos - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    in our opinions, we rolled crimson. but to not be biased, we would like to know how crimson felt about it. lets open discussion here.

btw we had 4 deaths in total, as opposed to what seemed like a 3 digit death count for crimson. if it wasnt 3 digit, it was really close b:chuckle

Only thing you roll is your eyes and QQ in forums when you lose TW's less than 10mins.

discuss...
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Only thing you roll is your eyes and QQ in forums when you lose TW's less than 10mins.

discuss...

QQ leadership was never in pendulum, how dumb are you khaos seriously? You should just stop posting, you're a freaking moron.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its okay, you know crimson is at a loss when the best they can come up with is bragging about a 40v80 tw that happened when I was still playing..
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its okay, you know crimson is at a loss when the best they can come up with is bragging about a 40v80 tw that happened when I was still playing..

I heard it was 32v80 b:surrender
  • Free - Harshlands
    Free - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i think it was pretty obvious that you rolled us, anyone who would deny it, would be kinda b:puzzled

Its fine, the server is young and we got plenty of time to learn and evolve. Maybe someday we can bring our best ppl vs you guys in a tw and have some fun fights.

Edit: guess khaos dont know which fight, since he wasnt in. he was forced to lvl during that time ><
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i think it was pretty obvious that you rolled us, anyone who would deny it, would be kinda b:puzzled

Its fine, the server is young and we got plenty of time to learn and evolve.

Edit: guess khaos dont know which fight, since he wasnt in. he was forced to lvl during that time ><

Thank you for being reasonable Free.
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    QQme uses "Crimson" tag as an excuse to make themselves feel better about PKing lowbies.

Good for you. b:pleased
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When you are the highest level in the server everyone is a lowbie.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When you are the highest level in the server everyone is a lowbie.

Yep, and they PK a certain group called "Crimson" which are lowbie.

This initially is like whatever, there all 1 hit...why are we so happy?

Apply the Crimson tag and they feel good about what they've "achieved".

Though they've gotten bored as expected with just Crimson so now they 1 hit everyone.

No, I am not complaining. I get it, it is a PvP server.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    QQme uses "Crimson" tag as an excuse to make themselves feel better about PKing lowbies.

Good for you. b:pleased

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/rank/harshlands

According to this, everyone is lowbieb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Go find the Crimson Guild Roster post.

They roll hundreds of 7x coupled with a few 8x sprinkled in the PvP.

We get it, I am sick of hearing about it.
  • Funlolz - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options

discuss...

actually i havent been in a losing tw on this server yet :p
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You guys are lucky I wasn't there, or else you'd all be too scared ever to come out of sz again with my 9k crits...On Mobs
    Wonhalt
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    funlolz rolled me earlier, it was so pr0 it gave me a semi erection just watching him kill me.
  • mprkeller
    mprkeller Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I dunno why every QQmes(and sympathizers) get all so worked up and so excited everytime they kill a Crim. Why do they get special treatment? No need to advertise as in pvp, you win some you lose some. That's life. b:surrender

The hyperbole however is very riculous i.e. 3 digit death count? I mean hello?? I don't think anybody in Crim is that rich to afford dolls or patient(or stupid) enough to stand there fight a losing war. In such situations is always to regroup and recover or move on.

In contrast, I have yet to see any posting made by any Crim member such things even though everyday almost always they roll every guild, every group that comes to mess with it's members. Everyday is action. Just another day in harhslands. b:cute
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Honest response here. I usually don't bother posting on the PWI server-specific forums (which are usually either filled with QQing or large ego-driven boasting threads - just see LC) but might as well post this once to present a different view than that of the frequent Crimson posters (who I highly suspect do not actually reflect the general views/opinions of the average Crimson member). I have no intention of flaming or pulling any Crimson-pride/BS here.

You rolled us. Although generally you were higher lvl than us, you were greatly out-numbered. It was a 20 vs 6 or something "PK war" but you beat us quite harshly. The loss stems from two aspects:

1. Your core group (i.e. funlolz, Nova, Swak, etc.) is very experienced in PKing and very well co-ordinated (most likely on ventrillo the entire time). I myself, previous a PvE pure-mag FAC on LC and now a pure-mag veno'nixer here, pretty much have little to no experience in actual PKing (just learned duelling a few days ago) so this was pretty much my first proper attempt (though it was short as I soon had to leave due to real life appointment). I, lvl 74 veno'nixer, tried 1vs1 against funlolz, a lvl 90 support cleric. As far as I know, ideally funlolz, even being 90, would still die after some time due to being pure arcane against a phoenix. But he won after a bit of struggle. Used plume shell, sleeping, and event pots (and maybe a spark - can't remember). I wouldn't call this being cheap - I call this being experienced. Also later discovered that funlolz is a vit-build so with only 2.6k HP, I was bound to die since I'll be unable to mow down so much HP so fast without being killed (I'm considering restating more vit, but thats besides the point). Apart from funlolz there's the archers and the veno'nixers. Assist-attacking does great wonders in PKing - single people just can't live against archer stuns+crits and veno stuns+bleeds. So we were up against coordinated, experienced PKers - I expected to be rolled and wasn't surprised when we were.

2. Crimson as a full guild is not as experienced in PKing nor as co-ordinated as any small PKing guild (not just referring to QQme). There's actually several acceptable reasons (not excuses) for this. First is of course language and timezone. A large majority of Crimson comes from PW-MS (which, compared to PWI, is much smaller) and invites in people partially based on vouching or friendships. Thus, Crimson is very multilingual and has a lot more Europeans than North Americans. Guild chat today was full of French (though that was probably due to a few drunkies). The last time I got on Crimson's vent, the largest room was full German (I think). Obviously there's the language barrier, so the truth is that ventrillo isn't as well organized as that of a small, English-speaking group like yours. In my opinion, however, that shortcoming is not a weakness but just something that can't be easily solved. As well, during that particular instance, it happened to be night time for most of the Europeans (or very early morning - can't remember). While yes there were plenty of late-nighter Crimsons still up, it just usually isn't a good/energetic time of day for most. Things literally were "Hey, PK war at Ancient Wall - everyone come", then "sure, someone party me" or "damn its late, but party me anyway". The end result were a random handful of people who were in the middle of World Quest (as I was) or bored of grinding. Decent number of people, quite a few 6x/7x/8xs, but not exactly ideal PKing teams. Not to mention people like me who just plain lacked PvP experience. Not surprised that we were pretty disorganized by most normal standards (by standards I don't mean compared to QQme - I mean compared to the guilds I've been in in Lost City).

All in all, my personal opinion is that, as a small, tightly-nit, high lvl and coordinated group, QQme's core group can and does easily roll us, a much larger and not-as-coordinated faction. I may speak for myself or I may also be reflecting other Crimson's opinions, but I personally expect it and am not surprised nor in shock/QQing. A highly-experienced guerilla squad can easily overwhelm large pockets of an army, but an army can still accomplish more and eventually beat the guerillas if coordinated well enough.

Crimson's problem is poor coordination as a large guild, thus lack of strong unplanned PvP capability.
    Crimson's strength is in uncashshopped lvling and general strong leadership/organization of the guild.
    QQme's problem is over-inflated egos, thus spamming of the PWI forums and world chat.
    QQme's strength is in quick, spontaneous PKing and fast attention-attracting/guild-hyping/drama.

Reply however you want but I likely won't bother reading it or responding to trolls/flames. Funlolz asked for an unbiased opinion so here was mine.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mprkeller wrote: »
    I dunno why every QQmes(and sympathizers) get all so worked up and so excited everytime they kill a Crim. Why do they get special treatment? No need to advertise as in pvp, you win some you lose some. That's life. b:surrender

The hyperbole however is very riculous i.e. 3 digit death count? I mean hello?? I don't think anybody in Crim is that rich to afford dolls or patient(or stupid) enough to stand there fight a losing war. In such situations is always to regroup and recover or move on.

In contrast, I have yet to see any posting made by any Crim member such things even though everyday almost always they roll every guild, every group that comes to mess with it's members. Everyday is action. Just another day in harhslands. b:cute

The thing is, they don't lose some.

PS: If you are white named and using dolls in pvp, you are a freaking idiot

HARSHLANDS IS SO CAREBEAR
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thank you for the honest post desiree, some people are so thick-headed
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mprkeller wrote: »

Seeing as Desiree is being reasonable speak to him/her. Crimson had a 3 digit death count. They attacked us with 20 people in 4 waves at the start. Each wave died meaning 80 kills. During each wave as people died they would respawn and come back and die again. At the end they were trickling out and getting destroyed. Easily triple digit if you ask me.
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    Aurian - Harshlands Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Crimson's problem is poor coordination as a large guild, thus lack of strong unplanned PvP capability.

Not flaming but since this is actually true, why do most of ur members including some pathetics 7x's (u guys know who u are) think that because they are in one of the power houses they are PvP and PvE gods?
    Thats the kind of behaviour thats make most people have a taste for ur blood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Funlolz - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Honest response here. I usually don't bother posting on the PWI server-specific forums (which are usually either filled with QQing or large ego-driven boasting threads - just see LC) but might as well post this once to present a different view than that of the frequent Crimson posters (who I highly suspect do not actually reflect the general views/opinions of the average Crimson member). I have no intention of flaming or pulling any Crimson-pride/BS here.

You rolled us. Although generally you were higher lvl than us, you were greatly out-numbered. It was a 20 vs 6 or something "PK war" but you beat us quite harshly. The loss stems from two aspects:

1. Your core group (i.e. funlolz, Nova, Swak, etc.) is very experienced in PKing and very well co-ordinated (most likely on ventrillo the entire time). I myself, previous a PvE pure-mag FAC on LC and now a pure-mag veno'nixer here, pretty much have little to no experience in actual PKing (just learned duelling a few days ago) so this was pretty much my first proper attempt (though it was short as I soon had to leave due to real life appointment). I, lvl 74 veno'nixer, tried 1vs1 against funlolz, a lvl 90 support cleric. As far as I know, ideally funlolz, even being 90, would still die after some time due to being pure arcane against a phoenix. But he won after a bit of struggle. Used plume shell, sleeping, and event pots (and maybe a spark - can't remember). I wouldn't call this being cheap - I call this being experienced. Also later discovered that funlolz is a vit-build so with only 2.6k HP, I was bound to die since I'll be unable to mow down so much HP so fast without being killed (I'm considering restating more vit, but thats besides the point). Apart from funlolz there's the archers and the veno'nixers. Assist-attacking does great wonders in PKing - single people just can't live against archer stuns+crits and veno stuns+bleeds. So we were up against coordinated, experienced PKers - I expected to be rolled and wasn't surprised when we were.

2. Crimson as a full guild is not as experienced in PKing nor as co-ordinated as any small PKing guild (not just referring to QQme). There's actually several acceptable reasons (not excuses) for this. First is of course language and timezone. A large majority of Crimson comes from PW-MS (which, compared to PWI, is much smaller) and invites in people partially based on vouching or friendships. Thus, Crimson is very multilingual and has a lot more Europeans than North Americans. Guild chat today was full of French (though that was probably due to a few drunkies). The last time I got on Crimson's vent, the largest room was full German (I think). Obviously there's the language barrier, so the truth is that ventrillo isn't as well organized as that of a small, English-speaking group like yours. In my opinion, however, that shortcoming is not a weakness but just something that can't be easily solved. As well, during that particular instance, it happened to be night time for most of the Europeans (or very early morning - can't remember). While yes there were plenty of late-nighter Crimsons still up, it just usually isn't a good/energetic time of day for most. Things literally were "Hey, PK war at Ancient Wall - everyone come", then "sure, someone party me" or "damn its late, but party me anyway". The end result were a random handful of people who were in the middle of World Quest (as I was) or bored of grinding. Decent number of people, quite a few 6x/7x/8xs, but not exactly ideal PKing teams. Not to mention people like me who just plain lacked PvP experience. Not surprised that we were pretty disorganized by most normal standards (by standards I don't mean compared to QQme - I mean compared to the guilds I've been in in Lost City).

All in all, my personal opinion is that, as a small, tightly-nit, high lvl and coordinated group, QQme's core group can and does easily roll us, a much larger and not-as-coordinated faction. I may speak for myself or I may also be reflecting other Crimson's opinions, but I personally expect it and am not surprised nor in shock/QQing. A highly-experienced guerilla squad can easily overwhelm large pockets of an army, but an army can still accomplish more and eventually beat the guerillas if coordinated well enough.

Crimson's strength is in uncashshopped lvling and general strong leadership/organization of the guild.
    QQme's problem is over-inflated egos, thus spamming of the PWI forums and world chat.
    QQme's strength is in quick, spontaneous PKing and fast attention-attracting/guild-hyping/drama.

Reply however you want but I likely won't bother reading it or responding to trolls/flames. Funlolz asked for an unbiased opinion so here was mine.

~Desiree

i cant tell who is more awesome, you or walter O_O the ego thing is to break crimson morale :p i tell people to epeen up the forums ^^
  • Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i cant tell who is more awesome, you or walter O_O the ego thing is to break crimson morale :p i tell people to epeen up the forums ^^

You dirty little poser, you. My e-peen is all real.

(Well, except for the "peen" part.)
  • Funlolz - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You dirty little poser, you. My e-peen is all real.

(Well, except for the "peen" part.)

its natural to some people, but when theres a chance to, i tell nova and suwaki to be hoes on the forum. i dont deny that youre really like that o.o'
  • mprkeller
    mprkeller Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Not flaming but since this is actually true, why do most of ur members including some pathetics 7x's (u guys know who u are) think that because they are in one of the power houses they are PvP and PvE gods?
    Thats the kind of behaviour thats make most people have a taste for ur blood.

The great majority of Crimson are actually cool once you get to know them, Aurian. I won't deny there are a few that are just plain idiots. But they are very very few. And unfortunately since sometimes these are the loudmouths, they are the ones that gets noticed and so gives a negative impression of the guild. Crimson does care about image.

It is such a large guild sometimes but even the recruitment process has been stricter now you cannot be 100% sure. Also, some have english problems, so sometimes, they might come across as offensive or cocky although they don't mean it that way just because they cannot express themselves well.

Kingdom members has friends in Crimson and vice-versa and Kingdom still parties/zhens with each other from time to time. You will know majority are friendly, who usually are silent nor posts at these forums.

Cheers.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i have yet to meet a "cool" Crimson.

i was guildless and minding my own business and Maitresse attacks me because i refused party with her (has to be female, boys don't qq like that) after 3 or 4 of her attempts to get me mob killed, we killed her. she starts her BR rant and says she is getting people to come kill me. then says "welcome to Crimson KOS". Rein settled it but i notice that Crimson doesn't boot people from guild who random pk. thought that was a strict rule??

so where do all these "cool" members of Crimson hang out? because all i find are the mouthy, BR ones.

PS Wreck is for sure the servers Best Veno.
    the good Starr
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    noob question, wtf does BR mean, because it's used in basically every single post on this forum?
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    Aurian - Harshlands Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    noob question, wtf does BR mean, because it's used in basically every single post on this forum?

Brasilianb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It means we've evolved our own form of racism here to describe those who suck at English.

Also, on a different note, funlolz killed my alt yesterday. QQQQQQQQQQQQQ.

Nah, all in good fun.

Why is being PKed such a big deal?

Also, even if the death count for Crimson was in the 3 digits, they still think they've won.

"We made em damage their weapons and pay repairs! Crimson for the win!"

Finally, does anyone else think "Death Count for Crimson" would be a good band title? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]