HERC AND PHOENIX FAQ; No more repeat threads!

Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Venomancer
READ HERE / POST Q'S ABOUT HERC AND PHOENIX HERE PLEASE.
Every other thread seems to have their names in the title somewhere...
Just remember each of these pets are fairly expensive to obtain and are not for the casual gamer (~19-22m coins)

First off, how do I even get this items to get these pets?(Obsessed)
From the cash shop, battle pet tab or from people who have already bought and opened some. Theyre 50 silver each and can give from 10-50 forces or feathers at one time.

Can I trade these if I dont get the ones I want?
Of course, Pet manager NPCs trade them in units of 100 (100 Feathers = 100 Force)

What is a hercules?
Hercules - Made explicitly for tanking bosses and instances, out damages golems in long DD fights, easily gets 20k+ pdef in later levels. Takes 9999 source of force.*

What skills does he come with, what do they do, and do any need change?
Skills -
Pounce (level 2): Stuns target, and if stun connects increases attack speed by 25%
Reflect (Level 5): reflect 70% of melee damage back at attackers.
Strong (Level 5): Increase Pdef +150%
Protect (Level 5): Increase Mdef +150%
Skills needing replacement: Bash should replace pounce, in which scrolls for 100k to forget, 200k to learn, and 1m to max all five levels are avaliable via Mrs Zooligist in South East Corner of Archosaur.

What is a Phoenix, how is he different from herc?
Phoenix- Amazing PVP pet, great power leveling pet, has highest stats in game. Cannot be used in dungeons. Requires 9999 Phoenix feathers.*

What skills does he come with?
Skills-
Pounce(Level 2): Stun and Increase Attack Rate by 25%
Blessing Of The Pack(Level 5): Increase Maximum Health by 30%
Claw(Level 5): Increase Attack Damage by 30%
Skills needing add or replacement: There is controversy over which skills to get. Due to glitched pvp damage, most players get Flesh Ream for PVP. Not knowing if there will be a fix in the future or not, add at your own discression. Pounce can be used for pvp too, or replaced by bash for further killing techniques.

Why do people say the Phoenix is bugged/broken in PVP?(Peritia)
Actually, the Phoenix itself is perfectly fine. The issue arises from the skill Flesh Ream not having its bleed effect reduced like most other skills in PVP. Whether this is a bug or intended has not been formally declared, however the issue lies with the skill itself and not the phoenix - it's simply more noticeable with such a powerful pet.

What are their stats like? What Level can I get one?
You can acquire one at any level, listed below are their stats by level 90, which are higher than most pets. (herc has lower attack than a few)

Stats by level 90: Note these are with out buffs
Herc
HP Atk P.def M.def Acc. Dodge Atk/s m/s
4135 2672 8952 7161 2297 1225 0.8 8.1

Phoenix
HP Atk P.def M.def Acc. Dodge Atk/s m/s
3446 4096 8952 10742 2603 1531 1.0 10.9

Which order should I get them in?
A majority of venos will recommend you get herc first, run TT, and buy phoenix with the loots. Phoenix can be gotten first, if you prefer to use it to just level non stop and collect loot for $, only downside is phoenix cannot level in cube of fate quickly like herc can. Once herc is in his 70's he can tank MOST quest bosses cept ones with nasty pdef debuffs like Cennequus Polearm in FB70.

What do they eat? (Obsessed)
Herc - Meat (30 Loyalty), Fine Meat (60 Loyalty), Martins Nest (150 Loyalty), Venison( 250 Loyalty)
Phoenix - Hay (50 Loyalty), Ginseng (200 Loyalty)

Takes 500 loyalty to become the "Loyal" status for +150% exp and 120% atk.

Those sound expensive! Are there any other ways to feed them? (Obsessed)

They can be fed automatically (but not increase their loyalty) via Arcane Pet Books from the cash shop, or in game Mystical Tome items. Arcanes cost 2 gold, and last a week. (This tim runs when you are logged off too)

A level one mystic tome needs 4 one gold mystic tome pages, and 3 mystical tome fragments. From there you can make it in Thousand Streams, in which you can get a +4/3 stat combo (+4mag/+3vit example) or a +5 stat one (+5 mag example.)

Hopefully this will prevent future repeat threads and help -you- decide which to get. More questions to be covered will come soon as they are asked :P.
Post edited by Tearvalerin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Good idea, if enough posts are made covering the whole range of issues that seem to come up about these two, this might make a good sticky. The whole Nix-flesh ream controversy should be left out tho, as it would make it devolve into a useless thread.
    Edit; I stand corrected, Peritia did come up with a simple, neutral way to address this.
  • Baritomaris - Sanctuary
    Baritomaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This thread is a great idea and should be stickied.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Add in how to get feathers/source, and note average costs.

Also note the foods they can eat/-need- to eat, and arcane book/xmas blessing.

Perhaps a special note about Flesh ream/Phoe

And it says FAQ but it's just a fact sheet. Maybe you can arange it in question format, or just change the title. :P (Whats the stats, how do I get one, what level can I use it, what do they eat, etc etc.)

Good thread idea though.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I figured it more to be a group collaboration, so if anyone has more information to contribute, set it up in above question format like he/she stated, and youll get your credit O:?
    edited April 2009
    yay double post. is the color out of place, or is the highlighting of the questions make it a little easier to divide subjects?
  • nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I like the highlighted questions. Good work.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As tedious and annoying as it is, you might want to add:
    Why do people say the Phoenix is bugged/broken in PVP?
    Actually, the Phoenix itself is perfectly fine. The issue arises from the skill Flesh Ream not having its bleed effect reduced like most other skills in PVP. Whether this is a bug or intended has not been formally declared, however the issue lies with the skill itself and not the phoenix - it's simply more noticeable with such a powerful pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Add in that source/feathers comes in battle pet packs, that are 50 silver in cash shop. Or from other players for 2-3k each.

Add in Phoenix only eats Hay/Wild Ginseng, Herc only eats Meat/Fine Meat/Venison.

Add in Arcane book/ Mystical tomes, make pets not need be fed(except for loyalty)

The colors seem fine, though you colored Herc and Phoenix the same as the question color, would be better changed to a different color, or uncolored and bolded perhaps.
    edited April 2009
    yeah, changes made, credit given. Keep adding ideas :D
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You have the source of force and feathers price wrong. It's not 50 gold for a battle pack. It's 50 silver.

Average pricing for either is 2500 coin per source/feather. You can trade feathers for source or source for feathers straight across at the merchant.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
    edited April 2009
    Fix battle pet pack pricing, you said 50-gold- and its silver.
    You said phoenix can eat fruit and fungus, which is wrong. (or mine cant anyways)

Cant think of anything else right now.
    edited April 2009
    yeah accidents, couldve sword the fungus and fruit fell under the same thing as hay...
    Can anyone confirm what phoenixes can and cant eat?
    edited April 2009
    Well I can confirm for sure fungus is a no, since I have one on me. Pretty sure I tried fruit before and didnt work, neither are listed as hay type.

Fungus is "Greens" and Fruit is "Fruit".
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think Wild Ginseng can be fed to a Phoenix, fairly rare tho it increases loyalty by 200.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Why do people say the Phoenix is bugged/broken in PVP?(Peritia)

I thought the pheonix did full damage to ground mobs whilst it was a flying mob?
    isint that bugged in a way?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
    edited April 2009
    I thought the pheonix did full damage to ground mobs whilst it was a flying mob?
    isint that bugged in a way?
    All flying pets do normal damage to ground mobs. It's intended that way I assume. Certainly not limited to the phoenix.
  • Joria - Sanctuary
    Joria - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    All flying pets do normal damage to ground mobs. It's intended that way I assume. Certainly not limited to the phoenix.

I think that's more for players flying and attacking mobs that can't attack back. A ground mob will still be able to hit a flying mob when they fight in mele, so it's not a problem.

Also, you could consider adding the christmas blessing in the food section, or make it clear that any item in that slot has the function of an arcane tome: pet
    edited April 2009
    I think that's more for players flying and attacking mobs that can't attack back. A ground mob will still be able to hit a flying mob when they fight in mele, so it's not a problem.

Also, you could consider adding the christmas blessing in the food section, or make it clear that any item in that slot has the function of an arcane tome: pet
    That is already addressed, it's the question right after the food question.
    edited April 2009
    yeah an xmas blessing is a mystic tome -.-; cept other tomes are way better than dumb blessing lol.
  • bellaberri
    bellaberri Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Your post just reminded me to ask some questions I've been meaning to ask...

Q: How many meat does it take to max out a herc's loyalty?
    They can be fed automatically (but not increase their loyalty) via Arcane Pet Books from the cash shop, or in game Mystical Tome items. Arcanes cost 2 gold, and last a week.

Q: Is that one game week or 1 real life week? If I buy the arcane pet books and decided to spend 2 days playing my cleric instead...would that be a waste of 2 days worth of arcane pet book?

...and does the arcane pet book work like the HP charm that once you start using it you can't take it off or can you pick and choose when you use it?

Can anyone answer? Thanks for your help!
    edited April 2009
    bellaberri wrote: »

This is a silly question... Do the math yourself, though you only need to get it to 500 loyalty. Meat gives 30, Fine meat 60, Martin nest 100, Venison 200
    Q: Is that one game week or 1 real life week? If I buy the arcane pet books and decided to spend 2 days playing my cleric instead...would that be a waste of 2 days worth of arcane pet book?
    It's real life week, so yes it would be a waste.
    ...and does the arcane pet book work like the HP charm that once you start using it you can't take it off or can you pick and choose when you use it?

You can take it off... but it doesnt stop the timer, so no you cant choose when to use it.

It gets used up in a week. period. Just like piggy smiles.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bellaberri wrote: »

1 real life week, and the time ticks whether or not it's equipped. If you use a herc or phoenix for more than 6-7ish hours a week, you're better off buying an arcane tome since that is, roughly, the point where the cost to feed those pets by buying the pet food from other players starts to exceed the cost of simply buying the arcane tome. In essence, it's a matter of considering how much you intend to use the pet in a week.

Also, any tome put into that slot will have the same effect on a pet: keeping it fed as a side effect of having it equipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    bump for great justice !
    edited April 2009
    Add in that you can trade 100sof for 100feathers at Pet managers.
    edited April 2009
    Added !

obsessed ftw :V
  • aramua
    aramua Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Don't know if you're going to answer/bother to answer this, but what mobs drop meat? O_o

Any guide lying around about it aside from the pwdatabase one? It is a bit odd, seeing as the mob names don't match up to pwi's so I don't want to deal with that one. ^^;
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    aramua wrote: »
    Don't know if you're going to answer/bother to answer this, but what mobs drop meat? O_o

Any guide lying around about it aside from the pwdatabase one? It is a bit odd, seeing as the mob names don't match up to pwi's so I don't want to deal with that one. ^^;

I've noticed the pwdatabase sometimes defaults to the MY-EN version of PWI when it's searched. The easiest way around that is to go to http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/ and that will ensure you are searching the right game version.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zabrielle
    zabrielle Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Great guide. 10/10.
    I'm currently saving up for a Herc (About 4.5k SoFs' to go xD)
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    zabrielle wrote: »
    Great guide. 10/10.
    I'm currently saving up for a Herc (About 4.5k SoFs' to go xD)

Necroooo.

I miss Tear's sexy Veno. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Great guide, thank you! b:thanksb:thanks

You can add the overall price of a LVL 1 tome if you want, the 4 mystical pages 1 gold each and the 3 fragments that vary from 80k to 160k each. b:victory