Fixed color problems...

Smilebehappy - Heavens Tear
Smilebehappy - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
The fixed colors on clothing sets aren't really fixed for me...I know that this has been posted a couple times before but I was wondering if it could be fixed...For instance, with the sundrop set, while to everyone else it appears the normal black/orange combo, it appears to me as whatever color it says in the three boxes...I know it's a problem with my graphics but how do I fix it?
Post edited by Smilebehappy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    I'm going to need some more information from you. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Smilebehappy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Uhmm if I post that does that mean that my computer could like be **** or something....idk? Sorry...I just wanna know before I post it. You could say I'm a bit paranoid, but I just dont wanna give out info that I shouldn't.
  • Shiana - Dreamweaver
    Shiana - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sorry...I just wanna know before I post it. You could say I'm a bit paranoid, but I just dont wanna give out info that I shouldn't

b:chuckle

Uhmm if I post that does that mean that my computer could like be **** or something

no

> DxDiag is a diagnostics tool used to test DirectX functionality and troubleshoot video- or sound-related hardware problems. DirectX Diagnostic can save text files with the scan results. These files are often posted in tech forums or attached to support emails in order to give support personnel a better idea of the PC the requester is using in case the error is due to a hardware failure or incompatibility.(See Diagnostics section below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DxDiag
    edited May 2009
    Okeydokey ty
    edited June 2009
    Whoops! I sorta forgot about this thread, but now the color problems have been REALLY annoying me, because A: the plumed set is just whatever color it is dyed, and does NOT fade into gold whatsoever, B: sundrop set still evil to me C: duke rose's pigment color thing changes the WHOLE thing, not just the dark part, but the rose, and ruffles that are supposed to stay the same fixed color! Major booooooo b:cry It's not like this is suddenly happening, it's been there since I started playing the game. I just looked at system requirements again (only skimmed it when I downloaded the client) and apparently I don't have enough RAM; 480 instead of 512+ D: could that be causing the problem?
  • surtr
    edited June 2009
    While not having sufficient RAM *IS* a problem, this particular issue is more likely being caused by your video chipset not being up to par, though I can't confirm it for sure until I get your dxdiag specs.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

edited July 2009
    Okaay so I'd bet it's my graphics card or whatever because my laptop isn't the newest....what could I do to fix it? Buy a new graphics card or download software? I would post my dxdiag thingymajig but my screenshot thing is screwed up for some reason but I don't mind, so what's some inexpensive stuff I could get to fix it? ^.^ Also a couple other things I've noticed are that in the character creation thing, the eyebrows and eyeshadow stay the same color, no matter what color I pick, and some of the eyeshadows don't look like the pic says....=) I'd like to fix asap. I think for my first 50 levels I was going around with bright green eyebrows and eyeshadow and not knowing it LOL!
  • surtr
    edited July 2009
    If it's a laptop, chances are you'll have to get a new one. Most laptops have the graphics chipset integrated with the motherboard itself, making it impossible to upgrade apart from the rest of the system.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

edited July 2009
    Booooo I'll just have to live with it then. b:cry
This discussion has been closed.