Blademaster problems

MaXeDOut - Harshlands
MaXeDOut - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
I'm sure that my Blademaster is lacking Str. He is a Axe warrior and his stats with gear bonuses Vit:24 Mag:5
Str:5 Dex:39
Without: Vit:22 Mag:5
Str:55 Dex:38
Is my Blademaster lacking Str? If so how can i fix this?
Also my BM always seems to lose almost half his hp when he is killing things and i therefore have to pot afterward is their anyway to fix this or is it normal?
Post edited by MaXeDOut - Harshlands on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm sure that my Blademaster is lacking Str. He is a Axe warrior and his stats with gear bonuses Vit:24 Mag:5
    Str:5 Dex:39
    Without: Vit:22 Mag:5
    Str:55 Dex:38
    Is my Blademaster lacking Str? If so how can i fix this?
    Also my BM always seems to lose almost half his hp when he is killing things and i therefore have to pot afterward is their anyway to fix this or is it normal?

That depends on what weapon you are using and if you can wear your heavy armor with this STR.
  • MaXeDOut - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Well i was hoping to be able to use the lvl 20 hammers you get from the supply box at lvl 20 but i'm way off in st cause you need 61 str for the hammers but i only got 55. but does being a axe warrior shouldn't i be able wield hammers too?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Well i was hoping to be able to use the lvl 20 hammers you get from the supply box at lvl 20 but i'm way off in st cause you need 61 str for the hammers but i only got 55. but does being a axe warrior shouldn't i be able wield hammers too?

Hammer/Axes and pole axe belong to the same built.

Suggestion:
    Read the two sticky guides on this forum. They tell you about the stats allocation. Based on them you should be able to check if your stats are ok.
  • MaXeDOut - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    And about my HP problem?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    And about my HP problem?

yes, HP most BM cap it at 50. It will also be mentioned on those guides or if you do a search here.

Myself, I have it cap at 3.
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    Tieresius - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Check out this link:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481

It is truly a wonderful guide that will tell you pretty much anything you need to know.
    I am also sporting the Axe/Hammer build. It requires you to allocate 3 points into Strength, 1 point into Dexterity, and 1 point into Vitality every level, and that has worked wonders for me so far.
    So it appears, to me, that for the Axe/Hammer build you have WAY too much Dexterity at this point. Almost as if you're going for a Fist build.
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your stats look a bit low because of the abundance of DEX you got. My Hammerblade had VIT:23 MAG:5 STR:62 DEX:26 at level 20 (I think)

In general you'll find at some point that if you can carry the equipment of your level and have the points to catch up to the next level requirements of any armour/weapon you'll be fine in terms of STR.

If you have spare points it is advisable to develop your own sense for the importance and effect of putting them into either VIT, STR or DEX (there's pros and cons for all of them).

Either go with popular builds for which you can find stat division in any reasonable Blademaster guide or you base your own calculations on the requirements for the equipment for, say, the next ten levels and so on. Whichever works best for you.

In terms of the amount of damage you take there's only one thing to say:

Make some Lifepowder!

15 Nectar and 10 Golden Herb make 5 Lifepowder, one of which lasts for 10 minutes and has the effect of giving you an additional 50HP/second Life recovery rate. makes your life a lot easier until you hit lvl 30 and start using other things.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The hp problem gets better once you have diamond sutra.

You might have to change your fighting style a bit if you tend to use skills a lot. Just melee everything to death and use a skill as the opening move. You'll want to save that mp for diamond sutra.
  • MaXeDOut - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Your stats look a bit low because of the abundance of DEX you got. My Hammerblade had VIT:23 MAG:5 STR:62 DEX:26 at level 20 (I think)

In general you'll find at some point that if you can carry the equipment of your level and have the points to catch up to the next level requirements of any armour/weapon you'll be fine in terms of STR.

If you have spare points it is advisable to develop your own sense for the importance and effect of putting them into either VIT, STR or DEX (there's pros and cons for all of them).

Either go with popular builds for which you can find stat division in any reasonable Blademaster guide or you base your own calculations on the requirements for the equipment for, say, the next ten levels and so on. Whichever works best for you.

In terms of the amount of damage you take there's only one thing to say:

Make some Lifepowder!

15 Nectar and 10 Golden Herb make 5 Lifepowder, one of which lasts for 10 minutes and has the effect of giving you an additional 50HP/second Life recovery rate. makes your life a lot easier until you hit lvl 30 and start using other things.
    Yea i kinda figured i had too much dex
  • Saetern - Lost City
    Saetern - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it look like u might have put to much into dex every lvl if ur going for axe/hammer build id do like 4 maybe 5 str for like 2 or 3 lvls to catch up on ur str

i didnt see the other post that said it so my bad
    Destroy all that which is evil, so all that is good may flourish
  • MaXeDOut - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    So should i catch up with my Str or Start using the build right now?