Pre-Paid Card flop

akinto
akinto Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Cash Shop Huddle
I went to Target and purchased 19 of thier 10$ cards today. On the sales receipt it says wait 3hrs till activation, right below the card UPC code. So one waits and scratched off pincode, and entered it...Invalid Pin Code. I attempt this for 3 more cards (total of 4 cards pin code scratched off), same thing with those 3 cards...Invalid Pin Code. That is just 4/19 cards, that i scratched off and attempted to activate.
I attempted to put the code in with all 10 digits together, and put the code as shown on the code pin...and guess what...INVALID PIN CODE...WTF..so i am writing if any1 else is having the same prob/ issue and what did the dev's say regarding the cards. Considering i just blew 190$ on invalid pin codes.
Any ingame intel would be great...Thx.
Post edited by akinto on

Comments

• shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    akinto wrote: »
    I went to Target and purchased 19 of thier 10$ cards today. On the sales receipt it says wait 3hrs till activation, right below the card UPC code. So one waits and scratched off pincode, and entered it...Invalid Pin Code. I attempt this for 3 more cards (total of 4 cards pin code scratched off), same thing with those 3 cards...Invalid Pin Code. That is just 4/19 cards, that i scratched off and attempted to activate.
    I attempted to put the code in with all 10 digits together, and put the code as shown on the code pin...and guess what...INVALID PIN CODE...WTF..so i am writing if any1 else is having the same prob/ issue and what did the dev's say regarding the cards. Considering i just blew 190$ on invalid pin codes.
    Any ingame intel would be great...Thx.

Hello,

Please submit a ticket to the billing department. When you do this, enter in the PIN#'s of the cards you are having trouble with and include the account name that they are supposed to go to. We can then forward the PIN#'s to the pre-paid card processor in an attempt to resolve your issue. Before you send out the email to us, try the cards that you have this error on one more time. We advise you halt trying to process any until we know the issue. It is highly likely the card was not fully active yet.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it should say buy at your own risk b:chuckle(is it just me or are there a lot of problem ocuring in PWI?)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akinto
    edited April 2009
    I will attempt all cards again, to my acct., and then if those don't work then i will post a ticket again to the dev's....and thx for the timely reply :)
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The GMs/Mods, always reply quickly to issues dealing with money. b:chuckle
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • shnuggles
    edited April 2009
    I will attempt all cards again, to my acct., and then if those don't work then i will post a ticket again to the dev's....and thx for the timely reply :)

No need to send another ticket, I am looking right at your ticket right now. We have to forward your information to the card processor to find out the issue. Only attempt the cards that you have already scratched off the codes for. We do not want to add to the issue by trying all of the cards you have in case there is a bigger issue we cannot see.

And to you Alyyy, the Pre-paid cards are brand new so yes a few issues have come about. Nothing we can't fix ;).
    [PWE Billing]

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • shnuggles
    edited April 2009
    The GMs/Mods, always reply quickly to issues dealing with money. b:chuckle

This is because you as the user deserve to get what you pay for. If we didn't respond to you fast with a payment issue, things can get out of hand really fast especially if it is in regards to a bank or processing issue.
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • akinto
    edited April 2009
    Thx muchly for the replies :)...appreciate the timely manner..and for acct. i attempted 10 cards so far and all are invalid. I have to wait for another hr to check the other 9 cards for a total of 19 cards :). I want my herc :P
  • akinto
    edited April 2009
    Wow u fast schnuggles :P
  • shnuggles
    edited April 2009
    Thx muchly for the replies :)...appreciate the timely manner..and for acct. i attempted 10 cards so far and all are invalid. I have to wait for another hr to check the other 9 cards for a total of 19 cards :). I want my herc :P

OK, if they are all showing invalid, stop attempts. The others are probably going to have the exact same issue so wait. Let us get in touch with the card processor first to find the issue. Your money is not wasted but it may take some time before we resolve this issue. Please be patient with us while we are attempting to resolve the issue.
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • NineOneOne - Dreamweaver
    NineOneOne - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    K...will do, and i do hope this gets resolved in a timely manner :P..and again thx for the timely reply...thx
    edited April 2009
    schnuggles...I was wondering will i get a email, or a reply of when to attempt those cards, or u all waiting on the list of pin's to billin for credit of those cards. That way u can cross reference those pins i entered indeed match those pins sent in by ticket. Only wish i new more of the situation at hand (i can smell my herc gettin closer and closer to my little veno egg sack). Thx for reading this appreciate it :).

PS: Why is that u can only enter 10 cards max per hr. For once u reach 10 cards u get a notice U have reached the limit and retry later in 1 hr. Thx for any info of this would be great too :)
  • shnuggles
    edited April 2009
    schnuggles...I was wondering will i get a email, or a reply of when to attempt those cards, or u all waiting on the list of pin's to billin for credit of those cards. That way u can cross reference those pins i entered indeed match those pins sent in by ticket. Only wish i new more of the situation at hand (i can smell my herc gettin closer and closer to my little veno egg sack). Thx for reading this appreciate it :).

PS: Why is that u can only enter 10 cards max per hr. For once u reach 10 cards u get a notice U have reached the limit and retry later in 1 hr. Thx for any info of this would be great too :)

I am on top of your situation and will contact you from your open ticket as soon as we get an answer. I have your PIN#'s and receipt already and then was perfectly done, thank you for that scan.

The filter you have reached is there as a security feature. I cannot go into full details of why it is in place but there is a reason for it being there ;).
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
    edited April 2009
    Shnuggles...i was wondering if u wanted a ticket with all the 19 pins and to whom they get credited for the name on the acct. So indeed the pin #'s get reported to u guys. Or should i just wait.
  • shnuggles
    edited April 2009
    Shnuggles...i was wondering if u wanted a ticket with all the 19 pins and to whom they get credited for the name on the acct. So indeed the pin #'s get reported to u guys. Or should i just wait.

Hello,

The scan of your receipt shows the unique card numbers for all 19 cards. That should be enough information to give the card processor and I will let you know if we need the unique PIN#'s for each. I assume they all go to the same account.

UPDATE: I will be replying to your email, it turns out that we will be able to fix this faster by those PIN#'s so I will need all 19 card PIN#'s.
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
    edited April 2009
    All pin's sent in via Ticket, and thx for gettin back to me in a timely manner..Appreciate it :)
    edited April 2009
    Any inquiry of the dilemma at hand, for 2 working days should be enough to fix the prob at hand. And the acct credited, since pin #'s were submitted with proof of verification that they were bought at Target, and not hard to verify with those card #'s with their following pin's. Sorry if sounding pushy, but 190$ and 19 chances put into that drawing, which don't think they made it since they didn't really get entered with the pin #'s... :(...just waiting semi-patiently of the situation of my zen/gold for my acct to be credited.
    edited May 2009
    What is the status of the cards...for its been 3+ business days so far..I would like to know of its status so far.
  • Niteblade - Sanctuary
    Niteblade - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When I bought a game card at Target (just to try it out), the cashier asked the manager on what to do cuz the cashier was clueless on how to check out. The manager told her to first activate the card, then check out. Went home, charged it, worked great.

Not sure if your cashier just went ahead and checked out without activating them first.
    edited May 2009
    I ty for the reply Niteblade, for i contacted the store and they said it could of been a error that thier employee may have done, for me to bring in the cards w/receipt and they will attempt to activate the cards. If they can't then they will be exchanging out those cards for new ones that can be activated.....At least some1 got back to me regarding this and i Ty for it :)
  • shnuggles
    edited May 2009
    Any inquiry of the dilemma at hand, for 2 working days should be enough to fix the prob at hand. And the acct credited, since pin #'s were submitted with proof of verification that they were bought at Target, and not hard to verify with those card #'s with their following pin's. Sorry if sounding pushy, but 190$ and 19 chances put into that drawing, which don't think they made it since they didn't really get entered with the pin #'s... :(...just waiting semi-patiently of the situation of my zen/gold for my acct to be credited.

I made sure that you were not excluded along with anyone else who had your issue. We are still working on the problem so please do not attempt to fix the issue yourself. Once you ask us to help, we will fix your problem but we need to wait for responses as well. So what we need to know is, do we still need to fix this for you or remove your 19 cards from the list of problem cards?
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • simcas111
    simcas111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    HI, I bought 2 Prepaid card, one of $25 and another of $10 and now when I try enter the nip code it says since 24 hours that the code is invalid , I went back to the shop that i bought and ask if the casher didnt actived the card but they tell me that they did. Now Every hour i try enter them but It doesent work, I dont want to lose these card... Iwasted $35 of my own... Can you please Help me?

Thanks to you a lot !!b:cute
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    simcas111 wrote: »
    HI, I bought 2 Prepaid card, one of $25 and another of $10 and now when I try enter the nip code it says since 24 hours that the code is invalid , I went back to the shop that i bought and ask if the casher didnt actived the card but they tell me that they did. Now Every hour i try enter them but It doesent work, I dont want to lose these card... Iwasted $35 of my own... Can you please Help me?

Thanks to you a lot !!

This looks like a NECRO!

simcas111 replied to a message that was 5 years 7 months 16 days 5 hours 12 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• simcas111
    simcas111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thanks :(( hihi I ll see if someone can help me with my problem :ob:kiss sadly i dont know how create a thread :o