Self-help Clerics!

Thistle_grey - Sanctuary
Thistle_grey - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
So I was over at the mines yesterday slaughtering Greater Venomous Ghouls and Werewolf Spearmen when my partner tank, a tiny, furry little Barbarian named Tad_Pole calls me over for a res (not him). Okie, no problem. A fellow cleric has decided to take a dirty nap in the midst of werewolf spearman hell. Res away, wonderful, profuse thanks given freely. Back to my barbarian buddy but with half an eye on this cleric . . . who promptly starts running from a pair of spearmen. Back over for a rescue and while I am healing the poor running fellow healer I notice 'no buffs'. Do what? I think each cleric should come with a warning "BUFF YOURSELF FIRST!" because I started looking around then spent like 20 minutes buffing CLERICS! *le sigh* I think I'll go back to Battlemark and hold a class. Anyone else noticed this strange behavior?
"Imagination is more important than intelligence."
Post edited by Thistle_grey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So I was over at the mines yesterday slaughtering Greater Venomous Ghouls and Werewolf Spearmen when my partner tank, a tiny, furry little Barbarian named Tad_Pole calls me over for a res (not him). Okie, no problem. A fellow cleric has decided to take a dirty nap in the midst of werewolf spearman hell. Res away, wonderful, profuse thanks given freely. Back to my barbarian buddy but with half an eye on this cleric . . . who promptly starts running from a pair of spearmen. Back over for a rescue and while I am healing the poor running fellow healer I notice 'no buffs'. Do what? I think each cleric should come with a warning "BUFF YOURSELF FIRST!" because I started looking around then spent like 20 minutes buffing CLERICS! *le sigh* I think I'll go back to Battlemark and hold a class. Anyone else noticed this strange behavior?

New players do odd things. Even old players get caught by it on occasion. b:shocked

Buffs? Huh? *ouch*

b:laugh
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary
    AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    New players do odd things. Even old players get caught by it on occasion. b:shocked

Buffs? Huh? *ouch*

b:laugh

Exactly, can't remember how many times I had gotten up from meditating, engaged a mob and just as it's about to hit me I notice all my buffs just ran out b:surrender
  • Rowin - Dreamweaver
    Rowin - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, ive seen a few...and a few that dont know how to HEAL themselves...ok, so your buffs might have run out while you were training, but your HP? shouldn't you kind of be watchin' that?
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, ive seen a few...and a few that dont know how to HEAL themselves...ok, so your buffs might have run out while you were training, but your HP? shouldn't you kind of be watchin' that?

Haha, this is so true. I have noticed this several times now, but than again maybe their HP charm ran out and they were hoping for magical heals from PWI Gods b:laugh
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I've also seen archers who run out of ammo in the middle of a boss fight, where they were the "tanker"... I had the same question in my mind as you now...
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, speaking from experience, there are some times where you just have a brainfart.

Like going into Twilight Temple with a MP charm with just 5k left, and people expect you to hold a Regeneration Aura for 10 minutes... Or the barbarian who goes to tank but forgot to repair. Or hitting on stuff, wondering why your damage is lower than normal and you take more damage, until you realise you forgot your buffs.

It happens to everyone.

Especially to new players who are unused to the class. Remember - the defence buffs are actually given out fairly late, so the new clerics might not even think of using them. Or have even seen that they can get them. I've seen level 40'ies who didn't know that they could actually train their skills...
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I decided to freeload buffs from all my "friends" in this game. It saves me money and spirit....

Oh yea, my reasoning is 100% flawless? See the perfect logic in it?
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Exactly, can't remember how many times I had gotten up from meditating, engaged a mob and just as it's about to hit me I notice all my buffs just ran out b:surrender

I do this all the time, haha. ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You know whats the best way to remind your self of this thingies?

When you wake up in the nearest town and just lost 5% exp.
    <---that should help you to never forget to check b:embarrass
    b:dirty