Another class question ...

ehorum
ehorum Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I read through several pages on these forums to find my answer on my own, but never quite found what I was looking for.

I just want to know what class(es) is/are the least played and why. It looks like cleric, so I'll throw my guess on that one.

If anyone knows more, like some stats on what percent of the game pop. plays each class, that would be cool, too.

I'm thinking of playing cleric because I don't want to spend the little game time I have looking for parties. I don't want to play a veno because I hear that class is quite crowded.

Thanks for the help!
Post edited by ehorum on

Comments

• Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, you're right there with the popularity of the venomancer and it just appears to me that its popularity as a party character is inversely proportionate. A popular loner so to speak. (Although not all people are against venomancers in parties)

I have a feeling that the rarest class would likely be the Wizard simply because it's difficult to solo in the early to mid levels, dies easily if skilled for damage output and is generally a lot of work. Possibly THE character where playing skill really matters.

Wizards are damage dealers with a limited ability to heal, If you're looking for a character that is sought after for parties, you're right on with the cleric. Think it's not that rare though.
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ehorum wrote: »
    I read through several pages on these forums to find my answer on my own, but never quite found what I was looking for.

I just want to know what class(es) is/are the least played and why. It looks like cleric, so I'll throw my guess on that one.

If anyone knows more, like some stats on what percent of the game pop. plays each class, that would be cool, too.

I'm thinking of playing cleric because I don't want to spend the little game time I have looking for parties. I don't want to play a veno because I hear that class is quite crowded.

Thanks for the help!

Least played would definately be wizard in my opinion. As the above poster said, clerics are sought after but not necessarily rare - you can just never have enough clerics. Wizard is definately hard and frustrating through the early levels though, so if you're a beginner I would recommend staying away from a wizard.

It was my first class and by level 20 I totally lost hope in it, now I have a few different classes and some experience with the game, I could probably level a wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    barb and wizard likely, there seems to be a high need and shortage of high lvl barbs
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barbarians are needed, but not that not popular.
    If you want to feel "needed" choose a barbarian, or a cleric.
  • ehorum
    ehorum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You guys actually got me thinking strongly on a wizard. That other topid "Wizard" finished me off, along with the class forum. Sounds like a pissed off bunch - wizards. I'm goin for it. It's the only role I've yet to play in an MMORPG.
    Thanks all.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barbarians can survive almost anything easily, but cant kill a thing (the tanker builds anyways).
    Wizards can kill anything easily, but don't survive much.

These are the two classes that are relatively hard to level for those reasons and so there aren't many playing them (barbs still outnumber wizzies though).

Barbs are in demand (once you're 50+), and the game becomes a tad better once over 70 (you can actually kill stuff b:chuckle).

Wizzies are the best at nuking stuff, and probably the only class that can wipe out a equal level barb, with relative ease, at PvP. They are hard to level until 50+ (almost all mobs are physical until then) and almost never in demand, sadly, until they are 80 or 90+ (thats when they really start to outdo archers and clerics in damage).
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842