Advice/Help/Pity/I F'ed Up

Starstrukk - Lost City
Starstrukk - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
So, I was on my way to Archosaur, and I have recently hit level 40. I noticed there was a new quest above the adventure assistant.
"Cube of Fate huh?"
Sounds fun, so I try it. I doggedly try to finish the quest, and spend money to buy dice tickets. I thought they were 21k a piece. I didn't buy more that 7. For some reason though, I went into this situation with 1.2 million. My total savings of my entire time playing this game.
Now, maybe my math is crazy, or there were extra zeros on those dice tickets, but now, ALL my money is gone.
Now, this coupled with some other bad luck in my day, made me want to smash my keyboard on the wall, delete my characters, and then go in a corner and cry. Who knows, maybe I'm just sleep deprived, it is 1:50 am after all.

So, the point of my rant, is I need help. Anyone on Lost City who would be willing to donate a bit to help me at least have enough money to scrape by again would be much appreciated.
Also, any advice on Cube of Fate, and who to complete it without mysteriously losing all your savings?
Post edited by Starstrukk - Lost City on

Comments

• Starstrukk - Lost City
    Starstrukk - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So, I was on my way to Archosaur, and I have recently hit level 40. I noticed there was a new quest above the adventure assistant.
    "Cube of Fate huh?"
    Sounds fun, so I try it. I doggedly try to finish the quest, and spend money to buy dice tickets. I thought they were 21k a piece. I didn't buy more that 7. For some reason though, I went into this situation with 1.2 million. My total savings of my entire time playing this game.
    Now, maybe my math is crazy, or there were extra zeros on those dice tickets, but now, ALL my money is gone.
    Now, this coupled with some other bad luck in my day, made me want to smash my keyboard on the wall, delete my characters, and then go in a corner and cry. Who knows, maybe I'm just sleep deprived, it is 1:50 am after all.

So, the point of my rant, is I need help. Anyone on Lost City who would be willing to donate a bit to help me at least have enough money to scrape by again would be much appreciated.
    Also, any advice on Cube of Fate, and who to complete it without mysteriously losing all your savings?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can you please not spam the forum by posting the same thing in several sub forums? Threads merged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Aw, if you were on Sanctuary, I'd give you 21k * 7. =(
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    cube is...not something you want to do unless you're rich and very patient. poor poor lowbie, if you were on sanct i'd give you something b:sad
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sucks!

But **** happens.

My advice: Don't get hung up on it. It's not the end of the (Perfect) world, pardon the pun. And don't smash your keyboard! It's not done you anything and will only cost you real money to replace.

1.2mill is a lot, but you'll make some more money; quite quickly at level 40 I should imagine.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sorry to hear that hun. Sometimes less attention is a catastrophe, but chin up! You will get over this. Besides this was just the first million you made, there are a lot more to cash in from now on. So don't get to desperate as you will spend a lot from now on anyway, and 1.2mil won't seem such an enormous sum of coins!

I am not on LC server so all i can do is help out with some rather obvious advice:
    -all the way from lev 40 to 50 use less powerful weapons and robes/armors: 2stars should be fine and fairly cheap.
    -meditate more when questing so you will use less potions
    -in the intervals between quests, grind on money mobs (the ones with high chance of DQ drop) rather than mobs with great XP
    -try using no teleporting at all
    -farm any material when you see a mine, and farm every plant and try selling them by catshop. If you have enough, you may auction them too.
    -train only the skills that are urgent and can't wait upgrading! (there is no loss in this, because the SP will still be saved, and you can learn the new skills later, when you have the money)
    -other than this..idk..just don't spend your money on stupid stuff now (clothes, piggy emoticon, etc.)

Good luck !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    there's a guild for the cube of fate here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157802

maybe you paid 100k in some rooms and didn't notice it?

I only tried the cube once, came to the room with this physical aoe thingy in the middle and died... with a few seconds left >.< squishy veno :(
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Schism - Harshlands
    Schism - Harshlands Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you seriously dont have a penny to your name i'd consider rerolling on Harshlands and make a veno, you will hit 40 in no time and probably have 2-3 mill by that level.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, Dice Tickets are expensive. I'm thinking it's actually closer to 210,000, if I'm not mistaken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ignorance is bliss

P.S. I voted for "HAHAHA NUB!"
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Erm, don't know what it's like on Lost City, but here in Heaven's Tear dice tickets usually go for 10-15K, with mirage stones going for 20-25K. Did you pay 100K to skip any rooms? Did you pay to open those chests that can give you 1M? Did you run out of dice tickets and buy mirage stones inside (think they cost 250K each inside the cube, from NPCs)?
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why did you try to cube at 40? Thats a money drain. I haven't even done it. ;o.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Erm, don't know what it's like on Lost City, but here in Heaven's Tear dice tickets usually go for 10-15K, with mirage stones going for 20-25K. Did you pay 100K to skip any rooms? Did you pay to open those chests that can give you 1M? Did you run out of dice tickets and buy mirage stones inside (think they cost 250K each inside the cube, from NPCs)?

if you buy the dice tickets from the npc instead of trading mirages they are like 210k though, its so high that no one would buy them i think long as they knew better
    I didnt try to start doing cube til i was 70 and then didnt try again til i was 86 b:surrender i have desided cube hates me though so i am not wasting my hard earned money on it personally
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's your fault for a) not researching b) playing sleep-deprived.

I voted for #4 hahaha hoob.

Sorry, it's nobody's fault but your own. Asking for money on the forums? Noob.

All you really need is 20 HP and 20 mana pots, and you should be able to make 50-100k on drops from just grinding. Fly don't teleport and sell those mats that you've hoarded.

Sorry to hear that you wasted your money and didn't pay attention, but the key is you didn't pay attention.

Ask your guildies for help, if they won't at least let you borrow a couple hundred thousand coin or at least enough pots to get you grinding, you seriously fail.
  • Mythril - Dreamweaver
    Mythril - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The fact that you posted this grief thread shows you know how to use a forum, why you woulnd't search about the cube before spending money on it is beyond ****. I have no sympathy at all for you, and if i saw you whining about this in game, i would screen shot and report you for scamming.

edit:
    Can you please not spam the forum by posting the same thing in several sub forums? Threads merged.

definately seems like a scam to me, you should be banned.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Honestly, I kinda felt bad for you, until I saw you posting it everywhere, and then I took the time to read your post. And I realized, I've made some pretty boneheaded, and costly mistakes too. And I fixed them myself. Good example, of sheer stupidity is this: I think most of us that have tried the cube more than once know of the room Open Sesame, right? Krimson wannabe with a huge wimpy AoE that takes God knows how long to kill? I too, went in there at 40, but I brought along a mirage celestone after reading the descriptions the NPC gives you about Dice Tickets and "Inflated Prices" Well, I'm plugging away, plugging away, plugging away, and pretty much killed my charm doing this guy, and finally, he dies! Well, instead of talking to the Teleporter and getting the F out of Dodge... I procede to tell my faction what I just had dealt with, warning them, and telling them how much **** this was. BOOM. Mob spawns again. Teleporter disappears. I think even my neighbors heard the words that came out of my mouth. Like a Verbal Rainbow, they were that colorful. Rather than toss my Laptop across the room, my first instinct, I took a look at what I had, and realized, there was a way to save my charm, somewhat... My until here unnoticed Leech Skill that was parked nicely in my Skill Bar really just gathering dust. And, just FYI... As I was fixing my own problem, a Cleric came along about halfway dead, and together we destroyed him. Karma? I think so. Those who help themselves are usually rewarded. Now... They say that those who help others are too, but I honestly feel that you're better off learning from your own mistakes.

And, yeah... I voted Hahaha, Nub. Because we've all been there. And I think alot of our first reactions wouldn't have been to QQ about it and ask for help.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im thinking you should have looked at the forums first BEFORE going cube crazy, you would see its BUGGED. The final npc isnt even giving exp right now, and nothing seems to be being done about it, so just F the cube darlin'.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im thinking you should have looked at the forums first BEFORE going cube crazy, you would see its BUGGED. The final npc isnt even giving exp right now, and nothing seems to be being done about it, so just F the cube darlin'.

I just finished the cube today and its working just fine. I got 450k exp and the page of fate I wanted.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    its not working on sanc, my guidlies are losin 500k-1m a day trying to get it to, and the stupid PVP glitch pissing them off also :|
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Maybe only sanc has a problem? Which would be odd since all the servers should be identical in the cube and nearly every other aspect of the game. It may be working just fine in lost city though, which is all that would matter to the OP.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't mean to sound rude, but you sound like a gambler returning from Vegas after loosing his nest egg.

Before doing an event like the cube read up on it. If you had done your homework you would have learned that the cube is a rather unpopular event. Those who profit from it are A. high level, B. cube veterans, and C. have coin to burn. I recommend that you postpone more cube adventures until around level 60-70 and then find a guide to it. At that level you may find that the cube is valuable for farming mysterious chips even if you are unsuccessful in completing it.

As far as recouping your losses... I empathize but feel that there is value in the lesson you learned. Don't throw away your gold on a gamble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murugan - Lost City
    Murugan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Suck it up. It's easy to make money in this game, just as easy as it is to lose it. Example:

I did the same mistake, thinking NPC dice tickets were 21k instead of 210k; only I lost 2.1 mil (since I bought 10). That's excluding all the mirages I had purchased beforehand to get to room 50. Once I got to room 50, for some reason I didn't get my XP either.

Est. total loss: 2 mil

After the spring event, I was putting my G6 sapphires for sale. Now I normally double-check my prices, but I'd been up for a while buying and selling. I typed "1-6-0-k" instead of "1-6-0-0-0-0," so I pretty much sold my shards at 160 coins instead of 160k. I had 13 shards = 2.08 mil

Est. total loss: 4 mil

Someone in Arch was trading a Hellhound for a Blessing of Christmas and some event MP pots. I thought this was a good deal so I took it. I figured I'd try to multitask, so I did some WC shouts on my WQ run. When I came by West Arch though, the Hellhound got pked off of me.

Est. total loss: 9 mil

I don't really consider this to be a "loss," but you can count it as one. I upgraded my guild to level 3 without any donations (100k to make, 2 mil first upgrade, 10 mil second upgrade).

Est. total loss: 21 mil

Now suck it up. This isn't even counting the 15 sadness cards I've gotten from the cube (1.5 mil right there), crappy semi-scam buys (probably lost 2 mil with this), items accidentally NPCed (don't think there's much here), or items that have lost their value (I still have Xmas blessings from the Christmas Event itself -_-). Everyone makes stupid mistakes; it's up to you to fix them.

And no, I havent spent a single cent in this game. I don't use real money--all in-game coin only.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Suck it up. It's easy to make money in this game, just as easy as it is to lose it. Example:

I did the same mistake, thinking NPC dice tickets were 21k instead of 210k; only I lost 2.1 mil (since I bought 10). That's excluding all the mirages I had purchased beforehand to get to room 50. Once I got to room 50, for some reason I didn't get my XP either.

Est. total loss: 2 mil

After the spring event, I was putting my G6 sapphires for sale. Now I normally double-check my prices, but I'd been up for a while buying and selling. I typed "1-6-0-k" instead of "1-6-0-0-0-0," so I pretty much sold my shards at 160 coins instead of 160k. I had 13 shards = 2.08 mil

Est. total loss: 4 mil

Someone in Arch was trading a Hellhound for a Blessing of Christmas and some event MP pots. I thought this was a good deal so I took it. I figured I'd try to multitask, so I did some WC shouts on my WQ run. When I came by West Arch though, the Hellhound got pked off of me.

Est. total loss: 9 mil

I don't really consider this to be a "loss," but you can count it as one. I upgraded my guild to level 3 without any donations (100k to make, 2 mil first upgrade, 10 mil second upgrade).

Est. total loss: 21 mil

Now suck it up. This isn't even counting the 15 sadness cards I've gotten from the cube (1.5 mil right there), crappy semi-scam buys (probably lost 2 mil with this), items accidentally NPCed (don't think there's much here), or items that have lost their value (I still have Xmas blessings from the Christmas Event itself -_-). Everyone makes stupid mistakes; it's up to you to fix them.

And no, I havent spent a single cent in this game. I don't use real money--all in-game coin only.

rofl such a fail player.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i would if i was on yout server ... =[
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Aw, if you were on Sanctuary, I'd give you 21k * 7. =(

OMG ASCH, send me some cash too.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Murugan - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    rofl such a fail player.

Money comes easy. I still have 4 mil coins and 15 mil worth of easy-to-sell items.

Besides, those are mistakes that happen to everyone... just that they happen in smaller quantities :P
    I invest in large amounts to make $ faster, although the risk of losing a lot comes with it.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What is your name? It's case sensitive, I'll mail you 1.2mil.
  • Murugan - Lost City
    edited May 2009

QQ she gets $ for her mistakes?

Mail me 21 mil lol
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    QQ she gets $ for her mistakes?

Mail me 21 mil lol

If someone would buy my behemoth gold and 96 cape mold, sure.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Devoted I wasted 15 mirages yesterday trying to get into room 4, can I have some money too b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]