LA cleric vs LA wizard

Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
So how about this scenario who'd win?

Clerics physical advantage is not really present here...
We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
(Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
Post edited by Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So how about this scenario who'd win?

Clerics physical advantage is not really present here...
    But magical is. LA is quite vulnerable to magical attacks. Though I think that LA wiz has better chances here 'cause he can spam magic and cleric can't (and wiz's pdef is 2x of cleric's so plume shot will deal low dmg). Battle 1vs1 will be something like sleep - debuff - purify - most powerful single nuke with spark if possible; then wizard wakes up, silences cleric and deals as much damage as he can. If wiz has 2 spark for sutra, cleric is 100% dead, and even if he do not, chances are still better 'cause after silence goes off cleric is badly damaged but wizard has 100% hp and ready (or nearly ready) charm.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • _tina_ - Lost City
    _tina_ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LA vs LA ?

lol easy

Cyclone (charm tick)-> Sleep -> Wield thunder -> Cyclone (wizz dead)

if he survives cast a Sirens kiss to end his fate

b:bye b:bye Wizzy

unless the wizz got sutra his long **** skills wont even touch you xD
    ****.****.ins
    Cuz theyll Kick your **** before you spot them
    b:chuckle
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    You might think Force of will Sutra - Spam

but we can still stack IB and have Guardian light xD
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Same deal as any other time. Wiz looks for 1hko. LA wiz's have a much higher crit chance. Plume shot does 1\2 phys, so it looses some of its dmg against a LA wiz. Since the wiz is looking for a 1hko the extra crit is awfully nice. Your basic seal then BT for 1hko or undine seal BID/SS whichever.

Cleric behavior doesn't change throughout. All you've done is lower your dmg output and increased the wiz's chance to crit compared to an Arcane contest. Though, to be fair, you've also opened yourself up to a more painful sutra then you would have as a robe.
    edited May 2009
    Yes, however a LA cleric has same crit as Wizard.

and cleric/wizard damage diffrence is not as big as you'd like it to be.

also take into account that a wizard "may" not have a clerics buff, thus a clerics attack,defence would be greater than that of a wizard
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Again, it call comes down to equips and if you're able to cover up either classes weaknesses. I can't speak for a wizard- I don't play them, but if LA cleric is like me, a channeling freak, that wizard can maybe get off one spell while you've cast two, heal, sleep, tempest; that wizard is probably very dead.

Again, I can only speak of the cleric side. I've been on the receiving end of Sutra and it is not pretty without greatly reduced magic damage pots.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Sirk - Heavens Tear
    Sirk - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know this one, at least to the late 60s it goes to the cleric. Cleric buffs self, start duel, ih in count, cyclone , sleep, debuffs, purify self, ih if there is time, then spam attack.
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i dont know anything about mages defensive spells, but a light armor cleric with razor feathers maxed for their level will still 1 hit a wizard when sparked most of the time. unless a wizard has a faster way to 1 hit a light armor cleric id say its still going to be the cleric who takes it.

double spark - feathers = game over
  • Grievous - Harshlands
    Grievous - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i dont know anything about mages defensive spells, but a light armor cleric with razor feathers maxed for their level will still 1 hit a wizard when sparked most of the time. unless a wizard has a faster way to 1 hit a light armor cleric id say its still going to be the cleric who takes it.

double spark - feathers = game over

there is no way feather razors would hurt a LA wizard much due to the wiz having 100% extra phy def with earth barrier. plus a simple sutra combo and a crit or 2 could kill a LA cleric easily in pvp depending on the Hp. then again u didnt know about the defensive skill of a wiz
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    oops my mistake i misread the thread title i thought it said la cleric vs wizard, my mistake! of course razor feathers cant 1 hit a light armor wizard, so my previous statement is false.

light armor cleric vs light armor wiz:

sleep - debuff - tempest, cant really see why this wont 1 hit the light armor mage.

i 1 hitted a light armor archer lv 70 earlier using this. non crit of course
    edited May 2009
    Samalira it's simple, stack IB this will keep you alive when you get silenced for 5 seconds,

Double spark > sleep > tempest > cyclone =)
  • Janalla - Heavens Tear
    Janalla - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i am a arcane armor cleric and a non pure magic cleric , i have over 100 vit and can always kill a wiz with LA armor on that is my lvl . Wiz are squishie no matter what build they are a cleric tops them in pvp .
    edited May 2009
    nice over 100vit... "sticks and stones cant break your bones and words will never hurt you"