Which server to choose?

alphapro
alphapro Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
hello,

I would like to know, what server is the best for me.
I would prefer to play on the most populated pve server.

Is it sanctuary or Heaven? ( i noticed, the ping on Sanctuary is higher )

Also, could some1 explain the difference between pve and pvp server please.

Thx, for all your answers :D
Post edited by alphapro on

Comments

• Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The main difference between pvp and pve:
    Pvp (person versus person) - after lvl30 you will be put in PK mode which you can't switch off. That means any other player can attack you outside the safe zone and you can attack any lvl30+ player too. You can't switch it off.
    Pve (person versus enviroment) - after lvl30 you can choose to go into PK mode or not (you can switch it off too). So you can choose when you are fine that ppl might attack you and that you can attack others.

As for most populated - I think Hevean tear might be more populated as it is bit older than Sanctuary. But seems difference isn't that big, so better choose the one with better ping
  • alphapro
    edited May 2009
    ahh i see.

What is actually happening, if you get killed as 30+ player on a pvp server?
    Do i loose exp? do i loose equipment? O:

Thx for all answers :P
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    You lose exp and can lose items.
    I could explain it all in details, but better check THIS page. It is PWI Guide about PVP/PVE and also has information what you lose under what conditions. Probably after seeing it you will understand why I didn't want to write it all here :)

Read it. If you still don't understand something, then ask.
  • alphapro
    edited May 2009
    Allright, that helped me a lot.

If someone has more information about the server population, please post it here.
  • Foxybeast - Dreamweaver
    Foxybeast - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The 2 oldest servers Lost City and Heaven's Tear seem to have the most players. Sanctuary is next and the 2 new servers Harshlands and Dreamweaver are just building up.
  • exelta
    exelta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Is it possible to transfer characters between servers? I would have joined PVE had I known what they meant :(
  • Foxybeast - Dreamweaver
    Foxybeast - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No, that isn't possible.
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    PinkEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i read the guide of PvP and PvE but i dont understand one thing...
    Im on dreamweaver and im level 32...i have the icon for enter on PK mode and i have to spent x-hours there but if i do not want enter on pk mode???
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im on dreamweaver and im level 32...i have the icon for enter on PK mode and i have to spent x-hours there but if i do not want enter on pk mode???

Then you don't enter on pk mode, and no one can attack you. Or did you mean if you have to stay online while in pk mode? You can log off at any time.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

Dreamwaver is pve server so YOU choose to enter PK mode or not. Don't want to go in PK mode, then don't click that button. Want to go into PK mode - click it. After clicking on the icon and agreeing to enter PK mode you will stay in it for x-hours. After entering in PK mode you won't be able to "exit" it for x-hours of game play, so even if you log out and come back after x-hours you will still be in PK mode. You have to be online to x-hour to be able to exit PK mode. Good point - you can be afk while pk timer still ticks. Set up catshop for nigth/school/work/having fun with friends till the time runs out.

But there are places where you will be forced into PK mode even against your own will - Dragon Temple, Territory War, some rooms of Cube of Fate (where else?)
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    ok...thanks but you said dreamweaver its a PvE server...How you know that and the others are diferent???
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Simplest way - go to main page of forum and scroll down till you see Server Symposium:

" Server Symposium
    - Discuss topics and other chitchat related to PWI with players on your specific server.
    Sub-Forums: Dreamweaver (PvE) | Harshlands (PvP) | Heavens Tear (PvE) | Lost City (PvP) | Sanctuary (PvE) "
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    So the PvP servers in lvl 30+ i HAVE to be on PK mode right?
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Yes, in pvp you will be forced in PK mode you want it or not.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The 2 oldest servers Lost City and Heaven's Tear seem to have the most players. Sanctuary is next and the 2 new servers Harshlands and Dreamweaver are just building up.
    My girlfriend has an alt on Lost City, and from what she's seen the place was empty compared to Sanctuary. Perhaps it's just there's a lack of low-levels running around the starting cities? I don't know, because she hasn't played there much, so perhaps it was just a fluke what she saw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com