Help Please

wakerider5
wakerider5 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Hey guys i am having so many problems downloading this game ive been trying the last 2 weeks to do it i currently downloaded it from filefront and finished and got the thing clicked on it hit run and hit extract and this message pops up and it says it cant open the file C;Docemnt perfect world something like that as an archive how do i fix this please help
Post edited by wakerider5 on

Comments

• Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    sounds like you need to UNZIP it first.... is it a .ZIP?

If so there are many programs available for free that will do this....
    7-Zip
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    is a freeware tool that enables you to uncompress many different formats.

if it's an executable you don't extract it you just double click it to run.... so try that instead
  • wakerider5
    edited May 2009
    thank you i think you solved the problem but which one do i download
  • wakerider5
    edited May 2009
    No that didnt help im still getting the same message what do i do now????????
  • Shiana - Dreamweaver
    Shiana - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
  • Adolpha - Heavens Tear
    Adolpha - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sometimes downloading it makes the .zip file corrupts and it won't open, As of what you are saying, It won't open and will need to redownload the game client from the site again

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Either Choose, Direct Download OR Torrent.

Getting the game from a Alternative site doesn't always work depending on If they get the new release from the Perfect World Website of the game client.
    !~ My Characters ~!

!~ Lv 74 Venomancer - Adolpha ~!
    !~ Lv 72 Cleric - Tai_Kishi ~!
    !~ Lv 72 Barbarian - Arkaius ~!
    !~ Lv 17 Blademaster - Raiokkusu ~!
  • wakerider5
    edited May 2009
    well what you are saying about the direct download when i do it a message pops up saying like it is a file thats too big or something and there is a possibility of corruption should i continue the download or what should i do?
  • wakerider5
    edited May 2009
    hey guys i have another problem now i downloaded all 4 parts to the download packs that are 650 MB each and when i try to install/extract it during it for each of the parts 1-4 it says that the CRC failed what does this mean and how do i solve it?
This discussion has been closed.