Guild Wars/not Tw

Options
Black_Ghost - Heavens Tear
Black_Ghost - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
this Game Needs To Have Free Guild Wars For The Guilds That Do And Don't Own Land. It Would Help Low Lvl Guilds Prepair For Tw. Also It Will Help Build Reps For Unknown Guilds So They Could Recrute More Members.
Post edited by Black_Ghost - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Uh, you capitalised the start of every word, except for the one at the very start of the post, which should have been capitalised. That confuses me. Why would you do that?

*edit*Oh, yeah, on topic thingy. Um. What do you mean by guild wars? If you really wanted, and managed to get it organised you could just have a mass GvG pk fest somewhere. Or did you want some full system with rewards, etc, in a special arena, and so on?*
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree with OP. There should be guild wars or simply batles.

Among the reasons:

-Gain experience for TW.
    -Slow down the preasure of people leaving the small guilds to join the big one just to get TW.
    -Simply to have fun.

The only issue that I see, is that a guild should have something to lose on GW. What? IDK. Until we can figure it out, the suggestion my end up being just that.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Um, even though it is a max of 6 on a side, this is essentially what the new deathmatch arena is supposed to be, isn't it? I thought from the description that it was squad-v-squad level instances with the same combat mechanics as TW. Has anybody tried using it?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Um, even though it is a max of 6 on a side, this is essentially what the new deathmatch arena is supposed to be, isn't it? I thought from the description that it was squad-v-squad level instances with the same combat mechanics as TW. Has anybody tried using it?

it costs 100K. I'm not sure if this is per player or per team.
    If it is per player, I will not try it on that cost until I have many coins to spear.
  • Darkmaggirl - Heavens Tear
    Darkmaggirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think it would be good to have Guild Wars. A lot of times, at least on Heaven's Tear, two guilds have a TW just to hand over a plot of land to one of the guilds. And since more than three fourths of the map is owned by two high level guilds, it makes it nearly impossible for newer guilds to even compete. Guild Wars would give other guilds a chance to actually do something other than level together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm here to kick **** and play card games...and I'm all out of cards.
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The only issue that I see, is that a guild should have something to lose on GW. What? IDK. Until we can figure it out, the suggestion my end up being just that.

I say the highest level member from the losing guild, except for the officers, goes to the other guild. That would be a crazy penalty. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kayleigh - Dreamweaver
    Kayleigh - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I suggest something like TWs on un-owned land. Like maybe for a small fee of like 100 coins per person or something you can go into an instance and just kill stuff with your guild.
  • Xheavenzx - Sanctuary
    Xheavenzx - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i think we should have TW and guild wars like in a fortress zone where you need to collect a flag or something like that, and guild player can kill other opposite guild members (guild alliance's help in the war) but they don't loose exp or such if they die. and in every server it says which guild owns a castle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I agree! We need guild wars!
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah, why do we not have guild wars in this game? Every other game does, what's stopping PWE from implementing guild wars?
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Wierdonedemo - Sanctuary
    Wierdonedemo - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This is a great idea so the players below lvl 30 can get involved into guild fighting.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I might suggest making guild wars part of TW. They could make TW a week long event during which it is guild vs. guild. The attacking guild get's points for every kill they get related to the defending team's rank/position in the guild. If you kill a regular member you get 1 point, if you kill an executor 2 pts, a director 5 pts, a Leader 10 pts (not sure all position, but you see what I mean) Each guild must have at least one person at that position during the week, but may have more if they like.

The defending team also gets points for kills. In addition to this if their score is below the attacking team they get 1 point for every 100 mobs they kill in their territory. Once they get to one point higher then the attacker this feature doesn't work until they dip below again.

If at the end of the week the attacker's score is higher then the defender's score then they get to attack the territory in TW. If it is not the defenders repelled them and they do not get to attack.

This would promote a full week of war and PvP. It would also unify factions to protect their territory during the week.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would say if you want Guild Wars you would have to have it all balanced out which is 4vs4 or 6vs6 or 8vs8.you would also need to balance out the teams not like having 5 Barbs on one team with 3 castors it won't work.I suggested that all main cities be free zones which they could have GW there by having different type of arenas.

I know lots about Guild Wars as I play the game yes the game Guild Wars.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I like MntMan and MystiMonk's ideas. Let's throw in a ninja class while we're at it.
  • Himntor - Lost City
    Himntor - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah Guild Wars would be awesome. I mean Every other MMORPG Game has em! I think the Penalty for a GW (Guild War) Is the losing Team Either loses Rep or Loses a small amount of Exp (Depending on who fought hardest or not at all) Wining Team gets Small Exp gain and Some Mula. $$$ But Good idea.
  • Xheavenzx - Sanctuary
    Xheavenzx - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    can they put Guild wars as part of the expansion of perfect world please :)) b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Black_Ghost - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:lipcurl the guild wars will help out a lotta guild. but in all honesty i know for a fact that they will never put guild wars in PW that y this kinda fustrates meb:tired
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Good idea.

And how about an guild arena?
    No bets, just fun. Your guild stays inside, if another guild comes in the butt kicking begins. Only for fun.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    that would actually be a great idea
  • Grox - Dreamweaver
    Grox - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This is a great idea. There is way too much pressure in this game to level, and try to join the biggest faction before it feels up just to TW. Newer, little factions never have a chance. That's a rediculus service. Plus, I saw on those other servers that basicly one faction owns everything. So then there isn't really any TW. I mean, wtf is the point then? Please, please consider this GM's where we are coming from. This couldn't hurt anything, just add more fun and relaxtion to the game.
  • Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i agree with this, radiance and enrage have to much land, i say there should be an all out war between em, not a TW but an all out war >:) full faction vs full faction, i say the wars should be like that not 6 on each side, but all of whose online vs the other guilds full roster, so its more like a war ye know, 100+ players vs 100+ players, and we should be able to spectate lol, like just watch, **** the crystals have it be to last man standing XD like an actual war
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There would be so much lag that it would be impossible to do this. In a 80 vs 80 TW it getts laggy sometimes. It wouldnt work. As much as I would love to see this, The lag would be impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The lag would most likely be equivalent to the lag in west arch, which isn't so bad. Also don't forget that during those guild wars players can turn on best performance and reduce the lag.

Bump for this ideab:victory
  • Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i agree tw should be changed , payroll system should be shutdown let guildies prove there loyalty and pay up to help the guild to get where they should be i dont know how this would change the bidding system i think thats weird too .. for us only 2 guilds own all lemme see how much coins do they get in 1 week?? i dont wanna know i think because whats the point?? how can i ever compete against billionairs in game? i mean if ppl try take over they could just keep outbidden they got more coins anyway .. that way this will never be ended and i think in the end it will ruien the game because why play a game where u cant compete in ... for me till now i dont care much but i understand that many dont like this, guildwar system im all for super idea xD

i dont think lag should be problem that could be fixed or its the persons computer connection w/e i hardly lag anywhere westarch all fine ...
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would rather keep the TW system and, add an alternative for guild that don't own land.cause if we wanted to go againts a guild with no land we wouldn't be able to. this also would help alotta upcoming guilds get PvP experience as a whole.(for those who don't play on PvP servers)
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No way they will let you win money or rep in a mock casual TW. That means guilds can keep playing other guilds to farm money. Its really ridiculous if you can get something without staking anything.

Also, TW can be pretty expensive in itself. You would need like 1 mil to build all the towers inside TW and more money to pull the catapults. If you don't wanna invest in that, all you're asking for is a pretty failed TW where people dont use charms, dont bother pulling cata, and just pew pew each other to their hearts content.

Or you can ask devs to make a special super carebear TW where absolutely no investment is required. Oh wait... the server resource allocation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i'm not asking to chang the TW system at all just to ad an alternative for guilds that don't own land. also help them prepare for TW. and when i said rep i meant reputation not rep points.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And im saying if you want a TW simulation, its going to cost you regardless. Cus building towers and pulling catas cost money.

A better way to prepare for TW is to PK in teams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    here's how it i would would like to be set up if it EVER happens. there would be an instance that only the 2 waring guild can go in to. the 2 guild would go mono i mono no to cats, towers or gems to deal with just plain ol' PvP/FvF. ther would be a time limit for the war in that time limit which ever guild with the most kills win. when u respawn u get full life so there would be no spawn killing. it would be similar to arena but instead for factions. the only coins that should be spent is for charms and pots. the game would decide the time of the battle like TW but it would be through out the week instead of just weekend like TW.

if they made it like that it would be awesomeb:victory