radiance

turdbucket
turdbucket Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Etherblade (West)
why didnt they defend their 30 mil property didnt they get the memo on enrage ?
Post edited by turdbucket on

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    turdbucket wrote: »
    *loans you a spare flame retardant suit*
    Got ur marshmallows ready?
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Didn't you listen to Disarmonia_X? They were having tea party with Triad.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Tea party FTLb:surrender
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009

They weren't confident enough, even against 1/2 of Enrage's original power. In a tier 1 land attack, Enrage gets twice as many catapults so if they ditch Triad they might still lose against Enrage. But Triad is a guild they *know* they can defend against so maybe that was why they defended against them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Ask Sonnestark that question. He's in Radiance.

He will give you a very nice and elaborate explanation.

(Just remember that all the **** thingies (i.e. asterisks) in his response don't have any special meaning. They stand for expletives which are being filtered out this way).
    b:bye
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    They weren't confident enough, even against 1/2 of Enrage's original power. In a tier 1 land attack, Enrage gets twice as many catapults so if they ditch Triad they might still lose against Enrage. But Triad is a guild they *know* they can defend against so maybe that was why they defended against them.

With the narrow victory with 6 cats I wouldn't say Radiance was that confident. I'm getting VERY contradictory reports here, on one hand you're telling me half of Enrage is gone on the other hand Bookman says 19 people split. Anyways, Radiance right now is a very vulnerable guild and wouldn't stand a chance against Enrage so fighting them would have been a complete waste of time and money, with 8 cats Radiance would have gone down in 20 minutes max.
  • finalending
    finalending Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    With the narrow victory with 6 cats I wouldn't say Radiance was that confident. I'm getting VERY contradictory reports here, on one hand you're telling me half of Enrage is gone on the other hand Bookman says 19 people split. Anyways, Radiance right now is a very vulnerable guild and wouldn't stand a chance against Enrage so fighting them would have been a complete waste of time and money, with 8 cats Radiance would have gone down in 20 minutes max.

if those 19 ppl from enrage were some of their top ppl, then that could explain what hisui meant by 1/2 of enrage's power. those that went to form the new guild all seem quite high level that i noticed.
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009

that's actually quite correct..with a little shameful addon - not enough rads came online at the time to send people both to triad and vs enrage, so yah, preferred a more pleasant event at the tea party..and i so much wanted to come defend 1k sheesh
    narrow victory with 6 cats? hmm i think i gotta ask the girpkins that were on the DSP attack, somehow our defence the next day wasnt so narrow with Triads crystal going down in an hour, not a walk in the park (good fight Triadsb:thanks) but definitely also not narrow
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    that's actually quite correct..with a little shameful addon - not enough rads came online at the time to send people both to triad and vs enrage, so yah, preferred a more pleasant event at the tea party..and i so much wanted to come defend 1k sheesh
    narrow victory with 6 cats? hmm i think i gotta ask the girpkins that were on the DSP attack, somehow our defence the next day wasnt so narrow with Triads crystal going down in an hour, not a walk in the park (good fight Triadsb:thanks) but definitely also not narrow

I wasn't there for the defence but the attack was VERY messy. I think there was about 10 minutes left on the clock when the HQ was taken down. But Radiance definitely has firepower, just not the organisation to make full use of it right now.

But yea, we're reaching around 110 online on TW days these days which really isn't enough.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The strategy used for the attack, to the best of my knowledge, was a new one and unpracticed. The strategy used the following Saturday was well thought out and executed. I was there for both TW's and noticed the big change from the Leader channel in how orders were relayed to us squad leaders. I agree that we have the firepower, but not only do we lack the organization to utilize it, we also have several new members that are unfamiliar with 95% of the guild make up.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I understand what your saying LadyOfReal, it makes sense considering Radiance is rebuilding. But wouldnt it make more sense to carry out the Leadership vote now (as current Leadership is only temporary until the faction votes in a permanent Leader/Director) rather than waste time working on the current structure?

Isnt that just going to extend the time it takes for the faction to settle back down and improve the way you utilize your firepower? or is the temporary Leadership trying to avoid the vote and maintain Leadership for themselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XForbidden - Heavens Tear
    XForbidden - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I understand what your saying LadyOfReal, it makes sense considering Radiance is rebuilding. But wouldnt it make more sense to carry out the Leadership vote now (as current Leadership is only temporary until the faction votes in a permanent Leader/Director) rather than waste time working on the current structure?

Isnt that just going to extend the time it takes for the faction to settle back down and improve the way you utilize your firepower? or is the temporary Leadership trying to avoid the vote and maintain Leadership for themselves?

I vote Rawthorne all the way!!!!!!!
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I vote Rawthorne all the way!!!!!!!

Lmfao thx..I thinkb:laugh

Anyways to answer ure post Cryst it looks like whether we like it or not we will end up w/ new leadership within a week. What happened fri vs sat tws vs Triad was numerous factors such as different strats on both sides both days and different makeups of rosters (we tried to bring out as many of the big guns as possible sat for ex.) Basically we learned from our mistakes Friday night and did much better saturday. Ahh well we shall see what happens soon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I nominate myself for leader of Radiance.

I shall turn that faction into a TW machine. b:shy

Raw, you can be my director.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
    edited April 2009
    I hereby nominate myself as the Enrage party candidate for Leader of Radiance.

At this election, vote for me. I, along with my director Rawthorne, promise to bring the change that this guild desperately needs.

Change doesn't come FROM Radiance, change comes TO Radiance. We can't trust those who have tried and failed to change this faction. It's time to bring in someone who knows whats up.

I believe that Radiance is a strong faction that needs strong leadership. I believe I am that leader. Fret not Radiance, a change is coming. YES. WE. CAN.

So when the poll goes up on the Radiance forum, remember that defected has YOUR best interests in mind. Please vote for me.

Remember, with the magnitude of the challenges we face right now, what we need in Radiance are not more political tactics...we need more good ideas. We don't need more TW land scoring...we need more problem-solving.

I can solve your problems. Vote defected/Rawthorne 05/09. Vote for change. Together, we can show HT just how Radiant Radiance can truly be.

hopeo.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaturalSin - Heavens Tear
    NaturalSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lmao Defected...that was pretty awesome. Kudos.b:laugh
  • KillerByte - Heavens Tear
    KillerByte - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The funny part is, that you think defected is joking!!
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I tend to agree Defected, that was pretty funny. Thanks for the b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • NaturalSin - Heavens Tear
    NaturalSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol actually there's a little voice in my head that says he's not b:shocked
    edited April 2009
    Serious or not, Defected that was a bit humorous.

But, I understand where you're coming Cryst. It would take even more time for things within Radiance to settle down if we wait too long for a new leader to be appointed. But as Rawthorne says, we will have a new leader within a week, whether we like it or not.

And xForb, I agree with you. I vote for Rawthorne as well. He just has that take charge attitude.
  • Lleela - Heavens Tear
    Lleela - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Still laughing at Defected's campaign speech. b:chuckle

In a good way...

I have no doubt Defected has what it takes to motivate people, to what ends is my question.

For now I think I will be keeping my vote for someone within the faction.
  • Akaiakai - Heavens Tear
    Akaiakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009

The interesting point to note is , everyone that doesn't approve of kymkat or rawthrone besides those that stay for tw pay have already left the guild. So yeah , voting now will end up within their inner circle either way.
    edited April 2009
    And xForb, I agree with you. I vote for Rawthorne as well. He just has that take charge attitude.

You fail at sarcasm.
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You fail at sarcasm.

akai, stop levelin so fast, i cant catch up b:cry
    edited April 2009
    akai, stop levelin so fast, i cant catch up b:cry

I'm only going to do daily+cube now , unless my friends need me for zhen b:surrender
    edited April 2009
    You fail at sarcasm.

Lol. What's sad is the fact that you fail at correctly identifying sarcasm. Even though I had a light tone to the seriousness of my post, I was in fact deadly serious.
    edited April 2009
    All this arguing...

I pledge to unite you noobs under my leadership. Vote or die. Nothing ever changes if nothing ever changes.

Vote for defected/Rawthorne '09.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009

you're the best b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kim - Harshlands
    Kim - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009

wow you suck you didn't even know that xforbid was jk b:laughb:laugh

failure