Harrassment issue!

perigee
perigee Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
EDIT:
*I wasn't aware of the ticketing process. I'm now aware of it, thank you to those who sent me the link.

*I wasn't upset over what the guy was SAYING, it was that his nonstop spam was keeping me from working with my squad on quests that I had. I couldn't see what they were trying to tell me and therefore, we couldn't coordinate ourselves. So "ignoring it", "blacklisting" etc. etc. was no longer an option, especially since he kept making new accounts. D:

*Don't be "one of those guys" to act all high and mighty and tell me about THE MORE THAN OBVIOUS WAYS to fix the invisibility thing. I tried everything that would be an obvious solution, including all of the system settings things. I appreciate people actually /concerned/ and willing to help, but those with an obvious attitude need to go bother someone else. ^-^ Also, it worked itself out the next morning, so it was obviously just some sort of glitch. And even if it wasn't, I don't care, it's gone.

*Again, thanks to those who helped me out! :3

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but there's this kid giving me serious problems.

Okay here's the scenario: (I also have screenshots if you want me to post em)

I was in swiftwind and suddenly everyone was invisible. BP wasn't on and I had messed around with the system settings for a bit to see if it would help. It didnt so I relogged. Came back, still the same, so I restarted my computer. Still the same, so I posted on common "Why is everyone still invisible? I've relogged and restarted!" and someone PMs me with "Because you're a stupid noob." And this person was level 35. =_= Then they are like "look at the lower right, click the computer" and I keep saying "I'm not a noob! WTF I already know all of that, and I did it!" and then she was like "Shut the f*ck up nooby, and listen" and I blacklisted her. It made me so mad that I tele'd "God I hate it when lower levels call people 20 levels above them noobs"

Of course there were the expected "LOLNOOB" "NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOBY NOOB" PMs but the more aggressive and insulting PMs I blacklisted. Someone else tele'd "then quit the game blah blah" And I tele'd "No, I won't quit it's just annoying. I do love filling up my blacklist though." and it started.

Apparently one of the aggressive PMers I blacklisted was mindblowingly offended by it and started to PM me using other characters. I, of course, found this to be hilarious and said things like "Oh no, multiple characters, whatever shall I do?" and then after a few minutes, would blacklist them. They'd come back and keep saying fun things like "YOUR R TRASH BRAT F*CKING GARBAGE 15 YR OLD BRAT" etc etc.

I proceed to ignore and blacklist but eventually, they started to spam and I couldn't keep up with my real PMs. Then he (she?) sent me 2 nasty in game emails that I screenshot.

Here are all of the names that they came back with over and over:
CagedisDumb
LazyDunar
OlsenTwin
StillCreek
WickedWendys
WickedWilly
GrimReaperr
CriticalHitz

He then announced that he had more accounts than I could keep up with and that he had my name saved in word so that if he was banned he could come back on new accounts with more characters. ><

It's not that he offends me as much as it is that I can't deal with the spam when I am needing to communicate with other people to do quests.

And again, this is all because I blacklisted him for being obnoxious. That's it! Talk about anger problems.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I just havent been on the main site long enough to know where exactly to post. If it is, please tell me where I need to post! Thanks a lot!

Oh, and let me know if you'd like to see the screenshots of the in game emails he sent. I'll glady post them.
Post edited by perigee on

Comments

• Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands
    Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    just ignore them and for the invisible part.....ur comp might be done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] u people make me stupid
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You should submit a ticket through ticketing system + some screenshots

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That was you over WC? Seemed like normal random WC chatter, but yeah, submit a ticket, and they'll probably get a short vacation from PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • perigee
    edited May 2009
    just ignore them and for the invisible part.....ur comp might be done

It's impossible to ignore constant literally NONSTOP spam, especially when you have to sift through it to find the actual PMs from friends and squad chats and stuff. D:

Also, yeah the invisible thing worked itself out
  • perigee
    edited May 2009
    That was you over WC? Seemed like normal random WC chatter, but yeah, submit a ticket, and they'll probably get a short vacation from PW.

yeah, I think xD
  • perigee
    edited May 2009
    You should submit a ticket through ticketing system + some screenshots

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Thanks so much!
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    one of the names seems familiar...

and this one also pmed me from different chars because I blacklisted him and then sent me ingame mails "blahblah kid, I have so many chars you can never blacklist all of them"

best thing was, he started the conversation and then told me my life was boring and that he doesn't want to listen to me, but kept sending pms.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2009

and this one also pmed me from different chars because I blacklisted him and then sent me ingame mails "blahblah kid, I have so many chars you can never blacklist all of them"

best thing was, he started the conversation and then told me my life was boring and that he doesn't want to listen to me, but kept sending pms.

He wanted you to listen to him instead. He was feeling so lonely that nobody listens to him... and then you blacklisted him and broke his heart... b:cry

Now bit seriously:
    If ppl bother you like that, then blacklist them, send ticket if they continue to bother you and move on.
    If you can't see friends' messages, then just chat with them in chat window not with whispers. Can't remember if you can uncheck Whisper at Faction and Squad chat...
  • lheandra10
    lheandra10 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    twice already that I am done PK in Cube of fate.And i'm not in mode Pk! STOP ! Where is Gm for aplicate sanction !

here two screnshoot for proof![IMG][/img]pkcube.th.png

[IMG][/img]pkcube2.th.png

And sry i'm French , i don't speak english very well!
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Maybe you should have listened to the first guy.
    This is something that happens to a lot of people, and they cant work it out.

Go into settings->UI (not settings->system as you say you have thoroughly explored) and change your distance setting.

As for the banter over WC, you get what you give.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol, I tried selling my black ceremonial coat over WC and this guy tooku offered me 2mil, I said ok and then he said yeah right loser. Are these guys watching WC just to Troll people or what?

Also I had a similar invisibilty problem, check distance is maxed in UI as said above and if that doesn't work click the button above your Hp/Mp bar that says show players outside max range or something similar.

Another Techie post, everytime I minimize the client to check Database and Ecatomb it sets my resolution to 1440x900 instead of my default setting of 800x600.

It started doing this after the Easter event when I purposefully set it to 1440x900, which scewed up my UI by moving system settings, my hotkeys, and chat menu off the screen. I set it back to 800x600 on the client start menu but everytime I minimize it, it resets to 1440x900. It only occurs once per session but it still annoys me, what can I do to fix this?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited May 2009
    He wanted you to listen to him instead. He was feeling so lonely that nobody listens to him... and then you blacklisted him and broke his heart... b:cry

nuuuu b:sad I didn't want to hurt his feelings!

^^
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    nuuuu b:sad I didn't want to hurt his feelings!

^^

But you did... and now he will need to go to the therapy. I hope at least therapist will listen to him:

He: And then... then... she blacklisted me. I felt so unneeded... *sob sob*
    Therapist: Hmm? Did you say something?

(ok, never mind me)
  • Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Blade_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    im taking a gues your Defected XD i watched the WC yesterday lol
    edited May 2009
    But you did... and now he will need to go to the therapy. I hope at least therapist will listen to him:

He: And then... then... she blacklisted me. I felt so unneeded... *sob sob*
    Therapist: Hmm? Did you say something?

(ok, never mind me)

b:laugh

(fillfillfill)
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • perigee
    edited May 2009

That's EXACTLY how it was!
    At one point he was like "IM TURN ON MY AUTO RPLY. C HOW U LIEK THAT" and holy ****, it was sooo funny. I was like "The auto reply only works if I talk to YOU ****! lmfao" god, he was so beyond the level of just normal stupid.

Dear GMs,
    Please slam down the b& hammah on this filth.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Me <3
  • perigee
    edited May 2009

Go into settings->UI (not settings->system as you say you have thoroughly explored) and change your distance setting.

Like I said, I didn't have a problem with what happened over WC.
    I didn't GIVE a ton of blindingly **** spam, so I shouldn't expect it either. What this guy did was affecting my gameplay. I had to put all of my squad quests on hold because he kept spamming my chat.

It's not what he was saying, he could just posted the word "****" over and over and I'd still be doing the same thing.
  • perigee
    edited May 2009

P.S.
    I already did that. I mess with systems stuff all of the time. It was just glitching and it worked itself out. Apparently you have problems reading as much as the first guy did. =_=
  • perigee
    edited May 2009
    im taking a gues your Defected XD i watched the WC yesterday lol

Nope, not Defected
    Nice shot though
  • perigee
    edited May 2009
    whooops xD
  • perigee
    edited May 2009
    lol, I tried selling my black ceremonial coat over WC and this guy tooku offered me 2mil, I said ok and then he said yeah right loser. Are these guys watching WC just to Troll people or what?

Also I had a similar invisibilty problem, check distance is maxed in UI as said above and if that doesn't work click the button above your Hp/Mp bar that says show players outside max range or something similar.

Another Techie post, everytime I minimize the client to check Database and Ecatomb it sets my resolution to 1440x900 instead of my default setting of 800x600.

It started doing this after the Easter event when I purposefully set it to 1440x900, which scewed up my UI by moving system settings, my hotkeys, and chat menu off the screen. I set it back to 800x600 on the client start menu but everytime I minimize it, it resets to 1440x900. It only occurs once per session but it still annoys me, what can I do to fix this?

Thanks for the help, though it ended up working itself out xD

Also, that happened to me too! I was selling a blue chipao for 475k and someone whispered "450k" and I was like "Meh, deal" and then they were like "haha stupid f*g no way i pay that much" like wtf. ugh.

The resetting problem I had as well. I just delt with it for a while and when it reset, I'd change it back in system settings and ignored it. It stopped doing it after a while. Though I noticed that when I didn't have anything but PWI running on my computer that it didn't happen, but when I had like iTunes or something going it would reset. Maybe that helps? :3
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Small perfect world I guess, a good thing about abusive pmers is that they rarely have teles, so you can send a spam wave over WC, hehe.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.